Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-44.html)

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Polo
Variant : Highline
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 25th Feb
Color : Flash Red
Expected Delivery Date : April Last week
Dealer & City :VW Downtown, Bangalore
Price - 6.92 Lakhs On road as of now.Going to be around 7.15 lakhs after April 1 due to increase in VAT and Reg charges in KA budget
Freebies : Nothing

Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : Zxi
Booking Date : 18th March 2010
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 20th March 2010
Dealer & City : Varun Motors, KBR Park, Hyderabad
Price: 583696 - 25000 dealer discount = 558696
Freebies: Foot mats, Mud flaps, Leather steering cover, fabric seat covers, front + sides + back garware sun control film = total of 12k
It's a 2009 manufactured model, but we don't really have a problem with lower resale, we need a car as quick as possible, as I will be driving it down to Kolkata. First service will be done at bhubaneshwar. Dad said no to the OHC for the road trip as it did not have airbags and ABS. Can there be any other issue with a 2009 manufactured model, it came to the PDI yard some 2 weeks ago, according to the dealer.

Hello Every One,

I just joined yesterday, and I am here for a reason. I am buying Ritz Vdi (silver), and I thank you for helping me make up my mind through all the reviews.

I initially booked for a swift Vdi, on road price was Rs. 6,09,750 (Bangalore). Exchange Bonus Rs. 5,000, Discount Zero, BS III, 3 months waiting period, and the price would be the existing price on delivery. This effectively meant I would get a BS IV about 10k increase in price, and a road tax of approximately Rs, 6-8k extra from April 1st 2010. Therefore, I canceled the Swift Booking, and decided to go for a Ritz.

Now Ritz Vdi on road 5,90,630 minus 4995 extended warranty, minus Rs. 20,000 discount, and Rs. 15,000 exchange bonus (true value works only because the exchane bonus, I barely got the market price for my 2005 Getz GL). Effectively I would be paying Rs. 5,50,635 for a Ritz. Not so good looking car, but a better deal than a swift, almost 50k saved even if the Swift is delivered to me today. I booked the Ritz on 10 March. Loan sanctioned in SBI within the 3 days - I delayed the verification by 2 days because I was busy!! I was told that it is a record of some sorts in getting the loan sanctioned in one day after verification. The car I am told would be handed over to me on 24th March, 2010.

Firstly, thank you... Secondly, I am planning to travel about 500 kms from April 2 - 4 in the new Ritz, can anyone tell me if it is a good idea to do it in a new car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad (Post 1790200)
Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : Zxi
Booking Date : 18th March 2010
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 20th March 2010
Dealer & City : Varun Motors, KBR Park, Hyderabad
Price: 583696 - 25000 dealer discount = 558696
Freebies: Foot mats, Mud flaps, Leather steering cover, fabric seat covers, front + sides + back garware sun control film = total of 12k
It's a 2009 manufactured model, but we don't really have a problem with lower resale, we need a car as quick as possible, as I will be driving it down to Kolkata. First service will be done at bhubaneshwar. Dad said no to the OHC for the road trip as it did not have airbags and ABS. Can there be any other issue with a 2009 manufactured model, it came to the PDI yard some 2 weeks ago, according to the dealer.

If its a 2009 model, try to bargain on the cash discount. Everyday in newspapers I'm seeing 40K to 50K discount on Ritz. Congrats on booking the car :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple (Post 1790699)
If its a 2009 model, try to bargain on the cash discount. Everyday in newspapers I'm seeing 40K to 50K discount on Ritz. Congrats on booking the car :D

A 25k discount is running on the Zxi even for 2010, for the dec 2009 model I am getting an additional 12k off. I know its not much, and would have gone for the Jan 2010 Zxi, but it was black, and I dont want a dark colour. Any suggestions?

Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta
Variant : Sxi
Booking Date : 20th Feb 2010
Color : Sea Grey
Promised Delivery Date : 25th Feb 2010
Expected Delivery Date : 18th April 2010
Dealer & City : Lathangi Motors, Banergatta Rd, Bangalore
Price: 7.6 lakhs (when booked), increased to 7.72 lakhs (due to excise hike), will be another 4% hike (2% K. Govt Tax, ~2 increase due to BS IV).
Freebies: Foot mats, Idol, Sun-film on windows.

Run into trouble with Sea Grey color, as ford is not producing any (any model):Frustrati. Our dealer doesn't have the stock of this vehicle in this color. Hence I must wait, till April (as Hm not interested in any other color).

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaguHolla (Post 1791013)
Model : Fiesta
Variant : Sxi
Booking Date : 20th Feb 2010
Color : Sea Grey
Promised Delivery Date : 25th Feb 2010
Expected Delivery Date : 18th April 2010
Dealer & City : Lathangi Motors, Banergatta Rd, Bangalore
Price: 7.6 lakhs (when booked), increased to 7.72 lakhs (due to excise hike), will be another 4% hike (2% K. Govt Tax, ~2 increase due to BS IV).
Freebies: Foot mats, Idol, Sun-film on windows.

Run into trouble with Sea Grey color, as ford is not producing any (any model):Frustrati. Our dealer doesn't have the stock of this vehicle in this color. Hence I must wait, till April (as Hm not interested in any other color).

Congratulationsclap:
Another proud Fieasta Owner very soon - but the waiting period is too much?

@raghuholla,

Congratulations and welcome to the Fiesta family.:thumbs up Its a pity that u cannot lay your hands on the Fiesta till April. Pls post about your dealer experience. I see that you have taken a fancy for the colour which is not available very soon. Did you have any other choice of colour for immediate delivery?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1791194)
I see that you have taken a fancy for the colour which is not available very soon. Did you have any other choice of colour for immediate delivery?

Silver is available for immediate delivery (dealer/ford recommended), Paprika Red available on after 24th March for delivery. Other colors are available in 1 week for delivery, except Sea Grey! HM is very specific on this color, hence wait continues.

it had been almost a month since we sold our old car, after which we were looking to buy a new hatchback with nice features and comfort on offer similar to what we got in our Lancer.
initially we shortlisted the Polo, Fabia, I20, Punto, Jazz (i don't think shortlisted is the correct term though).
Although we were looking to spend around 5 lakhs, we didn't discard jazz as i was on the look out for a used car even if it meant stretching the budget to maybe 6 lakhs.
First we visted the i20 showroom, the exteriors of which are nice but a big let down interior wise and in terms of space.
then came Europeans top-notch interiors, great styling, excellent int space in fabia.
Punto was a let down in plastics qulaity and headroom in the front seats were a bit lacking (just my opinion).
well Jazz is like absolutely perfect but the price a bit let down.
so finally we decided to go for fabia which in my opinion is just as good as jazz in terms of space.
better than jazz in interior quality, feel and features.
best is its price.
so long story short i've booked the Fabia Classic 1.2 HTP.

Model : Figo
Variant : ZXI 1.2
Fuel : petrol
Booking Date : 18th febuary
Color : Squeeze with black dashboard
Expected Delivery Date : March 22th
Dealer & City :Kairali Ford kottayam
Price - 4.5 Lakh On road Includes extended warranty + mats and mud flaps + under-body coating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkerala (Post 1791966)
Model : Figo
Variant : ZXI 1.2
Fuel : petrol
Booking Date : 18th febuary
Color : Squeeze with black dashboard
Expected Delivery Date : March 22th
Dealer & City :Kairali Ford kottayam
Price - 4.5 Lakh On road Includes extended warranty + mats and mud flaps + under-body coating.

+
Congratulations!
I think black dashboard will look better than the red one?
More and more Ford cars are expected to be on the road soon:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1792885)
+
Congratulations!
I think black dashboard will look better than the red one?
More and more Ford cars are expected to be on the road soon:thumbs up

I hope i get the black dash. My dealer is not sure about getting black in time.

mkerala, I thought you were told to wait 2 months for the squeeze, and now it's coming in a couple of days? What happened? Did the complaint work?

My first post on T-bhp. Was waiting for thisclap:

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta CRDi
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 20th March
Color : Sleek Silver
Expected Delivery Date : Before 1st April (Latest)
Dealer & City : Trident Hyundai, Bangalore
Freebies : Floor mats, Mudflaps, Sunfilm
Others : Art leather seatcovers+Car cover for Rs.5500

I am yet to decide on the seat covers. What do you guys think? Should I go for it?