Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-52.html)

brijesh1977 20th April 2010 07:13

Finally got the call from the dealer , getting my Cruze At this week end. after a long wait for 75 days ,i hope the delay was worth .

alto99 20th April 2010 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1845718)

Alto99,

what is OTR of civic AT in Pune? I heard that in Bangalore its close to 17L!!

OTR 15.74 -
20K cash discount OR 9L loan at 6.99% (I think the finance offer is being revised)
UV protection + rubber mats free.
So effective OTR ~ 15.5L

palioman 20th April 2010 19:46

OTR....? I am in Dubai, where I can even afford the Porsche ( any of them ), but I wanted a Merc real bad. I am not rich, but if there is ever a place where you can indulge your dream drive without a big dent in your wallet, it's the Gulf.
I bought brand new, but good exotics can be had reasonably within limits.
I intend to keep this for a few years, was never enthused with the Lexus ( glorified Toyotas), or the Jap mobiles.
Audi is not particularly known for reliability,and they are the least respected of the German trio. ( Please I am not deriding all those proud and happy Audi owners, I am just stating what's passe here ). Inevitably though, I have quite a few friends who are experiencing gremlins in their 3 year old Audi's.
BMW is good, but to experience the Merc E quivalent you have got to go several rungs up..probably starting with the new 535i.
The Merc is simple but solid inside, with a return to the timeless values of yore, before the techno fest blinkered their vision. yet there are quite a few toys which are standard on the E.
Will keep posted, am running it in very carefully...certain tactile points do bring up my erstwhile Palio..

theragingbull 21st April 2010 21:41

Hey folks!

Booked Polo 1.2 Petrol Highline Trim. Red Colour.
Got a corporate discount of Rs.10,000. So the OTR price comes to 6.25L

Delivery period: 2-3 months! :(

amit27 22nd April 2010 13:20

Hey Fellows

Have Booked Honda City VMT white color today after debating and running thru all cars available in lower and upper range . OTR is 9.53 L in Gurgaon delivery should come next week will update on TD experience later .

Sujith1100 22nd April 2010 14:47

Finally the Delivery

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

To my surprise my dad had booked for a PUNTO 1.3MJD EMOTION in the month of March, due to many reasons the delivery was getting delayed. Now at last the delivery date is 23rd April 2010 at 10am. I finished doing the PDI on 21st April. Here are a few pictures of the car at the Show-room's service center near CMRIT college. Full car couldn't be covered in a frame because the area was packed with cars.

atrisarkar 22nd April 2010 16:04

Here goes my first post :)
Booked a Chill 1.2 Exi Figo from Lathangi on 11th April. They initially said the delivery time to be of 3-4 weeks, however on the day of booking suddenly changed to 2 weeks. I'm not too optimistic about their 2 week commitment though.

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : 1.2 Exi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 11th April
Color : Chill
Expected Delivery Date : 25th April
Dealer & City : Lathangi Bangalore
Freebies : None

sajo 23rd April 2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 1833389)
Freebies : Too insignificant to mention.
Told the SP to adjust the 3rd year warranty under corporate discount and he has tentatively agreed. Anything else I should be pushing him for ?

please:
Can anyone tell me what sort of discounts you guys have managed to wiggle out on the Swift ZXi if anyone of you have bought recently ?

The dealer refuses to budge on that here..

ms001 23rd April 2010 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujith1100 (Post 1850551)
Hi all,

To my surprise my dad had booked for a PUNTO 1.3MJD EMOTION in the month of March, due to many reasons the delivery was getting delayed. Now at last the delivery date is 23rd April 2010 at 10am. I finished doing the PDI on 21st April. Here are a few pictures of the car at the Show-room's service center near CMRIT college. Full car couldn't be covered in a frame because the area was packed with cars.

congrats :thumbs up waiting for your ownership report

ownerofazkaban 24th April 2010 19:41

Figo'd

Variant : Titanium Ebony
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : Apr 24
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : Before June 15th
Dealer & City : Lathangi, B'lore
Freebies : 3rd yr warranty

One of my Friend called me and cautioned me about Ford esp after 3 yrs of ownership , said parts start falling (conking ) off based on in early Ford icon experiences. Recent Ford owners inputs plz ?

Sujith1100 24th April 2010 20:15

Hi all,

I got the delivery of my PUNTO 1.3MJD EMOTION on 23rd April after many delays. Here is the link for its dedicated thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...otion-mjd.html

Deep Blue 26th April 2010 09:52

Variant : Titanium
Booking date : 23rd April 2010
Color : Moondust Silver/Sea grey
Expected delivery date : One and half months atleast
Dealer and city : Cauvery Ford, Mangalore
Freebies : Nothing (They even take 162 Rs bank charges on Road tax D/D)
Other : Other cars considered-Manza, I20

nimbleguru 26th April 2010 11:59

Hi All,

Finally booked my car after months of "research" for a perfect car.
Thanks T-BHP for all the help & support !

Variant : ZXI - Ebony
Booking Date : April 23rd,2010.
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 5 to 6 weeks minimum :(
Dealer & City : Metro Ford, Bangalore
Freebies : 3rd yr warranty

KiloAlpha 26th April 2010 13:36

Just booked my first new car:
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol Titanium in Chill.
Dealer: Lathangi (tempted to call it Latt-hanigae or rolling pin in Kannada) Ford, Bangalore
Booking Date: 14 April 2010
Sales person says 6 weeks during test drive, 2 weeks when taking the booking. I believe 6 weeks.
Have asked for the USB port, front & rear fogs, sun film.
No freebies given, none expected.

chennai-indian 26th April 2010 19:03

Variant : TDCi Titanium
Booking Date : 20-April-2010
Color : Chill with Ebony Dash
Expected Delivery Date : 20-May promised but opted for 2nd June 2010
Dealer & City : MPL Ford Taramani, Chennai
Freebies : 3rd Year warranty free
Others : Total Cost - Rs 6,02,011 inclusive of 3rd year warranty, option pack

TD'd the FIGO on Sunday, 18th April. Loved it (more because I had essentially the same platform which was a 2004 European Fiesta Sports 2 Door 2 Ltr model when I was in South Africa) - especially the linear power delivery with almost zero turbo lag.

Almost had decided:
on a Vista Quadrajet Aura+ - lost out due to to the lack of boot space - I drive around a Vista now (by BIL's car) and love the car except for the boot space and A.S.S - only reason I went for Figo.