Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-47.html)

Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 28th March 2010
Color : WHITE is my first preference, RED/BLUE or BLACK if White unavailable in stock
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of April
Dealer & City : Concorde, Diary Circle, Bangalore
Freebies : The usual stuff, mats et all
Others : Free Insurance and extended warranty along with a roadside assistance package, exchange bonus.

The idea is to get the car registered before April 1st (before the new taxes come into effect). My 28500 km old Santro Xing XL, 2005 model has been traded in and the offered value has been transferred towards the new car's down payment, I'll create a new thread to post the delivery experience after delivery, am super happy with the way things are progressing so far!!

Keeping my fingers crossed on the loan to get approved, also hope White is available in stock!! will know in a few hours!! :cool:

Congrats Raamki. You cant go wrong with any color on Punto :)

There would be a 2% Increase in Overall cost of the car in Bangalore. 1% on Road tax and 1% on VAT from April onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels (Post 1808568)
Congrats Raamki. You cant go wrong with any color on Punto :)

true that!! ;) looks insanely beautiful in Red though!! thanks dude, congrats your new acquisition as well, what color did you opt for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadri007 (Post 1808592)
There would be a 2% Increase in Overall cost of the car in Bangalore. 1% on Road tax and 1% on VAT from April onwards.

yep, so that 2% will amount to approx 30k. Besides, they were also offering an exchange bonus of 10k this month that sealed the deal for me.

There was also an offer from the manufacturer, more of a package deal really!! So, you pay 6000 bucks upfront and you get free insurance worth 18747, 1 year extended warranty worth 5k and a roadside assistance package. I don't really understand the logic behind paying 6k to avail this offer but I took a grab at it!! :)

So, my savings - 36k including the corporate discount, add the proposed 30k increase in taxes post March 31, a cool 66k!!

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : 1.4 TDCi ZXi
Booking Date : 29th March 2010
Color : White(with Ebony Interior Plastic)
Expected Delivery Date : Around 15th of April 2010
Dealer & City : Cargo ford, Ahmedabad
Freebies : None
Price: Rs.5,64,857/- On road without third year Extended warranty.

After so much of Confusion between Polo and Swift, the ultimate winner is Figo for me though with some discrepancy.

Make : Mahindra
Model : Scorpio
Variant : mHawk SLE
Booking Date : 13 March 2010
Color : Fiery Black (with silver cladding)
Expected Delivery Date : Firs committed for delivery before 31 March. Now the dealer and Mahindra is saying they can't give a date, can take another month (april end)
Dealer & City : Sireesh Auto, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Freebies : Matts, mud flaps, scuffle plates, cover
Others : Insurance discount of 16K from Mahindra (but the offer may change after 5th April)
Loan: SBI 8% first year, 10% 2nd year, floating there onwards
Booking amount:25K down payment

The dealer did a "guess" work that they may have a black one in the pool or some customer might cancel there order. I am in touch with the regional sales manager for Mahindra. He says the dealer gave a wrong commitment. Usually it is 4-5 weeks. I will need to shell out more money for that revised road tax. Not sure if the insurance offer will continue. The dealer is trying to sell me a silver one with some extra stickering done. I am least interested in any color other than black. I don't mind waiting but I want the dealer to compensate for his wrong commitment. Loan is sanctioned. I will wait for couple of more days and start a thread under "Indian Car Dealerships"

Make : Chevy
Model : Spark
Variant : LT
Booking Date : 30th March 2010
Color : Olympic White
Expected Delivery Date : Around 5th of April 2010
Dealer & City : Pashankar Auto, Pune.
Freebies : Mud Flaps, Mats etc.
Money Talk:
A. OTR Price : Rs.4,28,343/- (Outside Octroi)
B. Discount : Rs.34,000/-
C. Old Car Exchange : Rs.1,35,000/-

Net OTR = A-B-C= Rs.2,59,343/- :D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by raamki (Post 1808650)
true that!! ;) looks insanely beautiful in Red though!! thanks dude, congrats your new acquisition as well, what color did you opt for?

I don't really understand the logic behind paying 6k to avail this offer but I took a grab at it!!

I went for Hip hop black. Red, Black and Grey were on my radar but then Black was readily available :D. Additional 6K is for 2010 model and not to avail the discounts. Also the free extended warranty is for 2 more years and RSA is for 50 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels (Post 1811440)
I went for Hip hop black. Red, Black and Grey were on my radar but then Black was readily available :D. Additional 6K is for 2010 model and not to avail the discounts. Also the free extended warranty is for 2 more years and RSA is for 50 months.

black and white are the most difficult colors to maintain on any car!! :D awesome bro!! thanks for the info on what the 6k was for, makes sense now!!

So, anyway here's an update on what's happening with my booking:

My loan got approved earlier in the day (HDFC) and the car reached the showroom from the yard around afternoon, I did a PDI later in the evening and all is well with her! The interiors looked super dirty and was covered with a thick layer of dust. Am sure it'll look much better tomorrow evening in time for the delivery. The ODO read 22 kms and it is a March 2010 vehicle as per the VIN (CNZ series).

She goes in for her registration tomorrow morning which means everything has gone according to plan and am super pleased!! just 3 days from the date of booking the vehicle, she is all ready for me to bring home!! hats off to the dealership for precise co-ordination all the way. And yeah, saving that 2% off the ex-show room price just in the nick of time!!

I am also being told that my punto will be their first BS IV delivery. clap:

Attaching a couple of pics of the beauty!! 1 more sleepless night!!

Congrats raamki. clap: Please do post more interior pics! Any mods in the list? Wishing you miles of happy driving. And yeah! be gentle on her for the first 1000 kms and dont forget oil change for the first service as well :)

I heard from my friend that some of the nationalized banks provide car loans on 'On-Road Price' upto 85% of the amount at 9.5% Interest rate. Is anyone aware of this.

But the dealers say that they provide based on Ex-Showroom price upto 90% at a 10%-11% interest rate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadri007 (Post 1814248)
I heard from my friend that some of the nationalized banks provide car loans on 'On-Road Price' upto 85% of the amount at 9.5% Interest rate. Is anyone aware of this.

But the dealers say that they provide based on Ex-Showroom price upto 90% at a 10%-11% interest rate.

Nationalized banks have an Interest rate scheme of 8% for th first year, 9.5% for the next 2 years and 10% for the Last 2 years if you are going for a term of 5 years.

Private banks are having somewhere around 10-11.5% fixed for the entire term.

85% on-road price or 90% ex-showroom, it might come up around the same loan amount(maybe 1-3% difference).

I booked my Innova yesterday.

Make: Toyota
Model: Innova
Variant: Vx- bq (8 str)
Color: Silver
ex-showroom- Rs 11,79,205/-
Insurance - from outside (As low as I can find)

Actually I asked the dealer here to deliver it only by last week of April as it's the Buddhist "Black Month" till April 14th. I think it's a load of Bull but both my wife and Mom are very devout. Also i have to sell off my Baleno to make up for the cost of the new vehicle.

I had to hurry and book yesterday since i was told by the dealer that from today- the 1st April onwards, there's going to be an increase of 1% on the base price of all Toyota vehicles. Now I'm "price Protected" as they refer to it but if i don't take the vehicle from them within this month then I'll have to re-book and pay the extra 1% - that's about 10 grands.

So re-painting and polishing my 5 year old Baleno to put it in the market. Fingers crossed- hoping for 3 Lacs plus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykc78 (Post 1814755)
Nationalized banks have an Interest rate scheme of 8% for th first year, 9.5% for the next 2 years and 10% for the Last 2 years if you are going for a term of 5 years.

Private banks are having somewhere around 10-11.5% fixed for the entire term.

85% on-road price or 90% ex-showroom, it might come up around the same loan amount(maybe 1-3% difference).

Thanks Jay. Actully was in a process of taking a car soon. But dealers didnt share information of any nationalised banks.

Also check a few Nationalised banks site, Syndicate and Canara Bank seem to have some good deals.

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Jetta
Variant : 2.0 TDi MT Comfortline
Booking Date : 1st April 2010
Color : Heaven Blue
Expected Delivery Date : Around 18th of April 2010
Dealer & City : ABRA Motors, Chennai
Freebies : None
Price: Rs.15,92,311/- Ex-showroom (Registration, road tax and Insurance by myself).

After so much of Confusion between Sonata Embera and Chevy Cruze, and a lot of discussions at Jetta 1.9, Cruze 2.0, Sonata Transform 2.0 , Laura 1.9 - Need Help!!
I finally chose the Jetta especially after knowing that there is an engine upgrade imminent. I visited the showroom in the first week of March and I was tried being pushed to 1.9 Comfortline TDi DSG. Thanks to team-bhp, I knew of the upgrade from a thread discussing the new Skoda Laura and here I am. Going to be probably one among the first owners in Chennai of a 2.0 Comfortline Jetta.