Midnight Blackie SX4
Model : SX4
Variant : Zxi
Booking Date : 23 Apr
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 7 May
Dealer & City : My CAR Pune
Freebies : 5 K Accessories
Others : Cash discount - 34 K
On Road : 8.25 L
Getting 3 M filming (including Windshield), underbody coat, reverse sensors. Need advise on a good steering cover - Stanley?
Started with a Punto one year back but was not impressed with the way things moved slow with FIAT. Tried the Liinea but the Petrol disappointed thoroughly (Wonder how the MANZA with the same engine is much better to drive). Sniffed at the FIESTA (suspension didnt impress), JAZZ (sluggish at 1st and 2nd gear), CITY (moolah factor). Considered the Scorpio (no airbags for SLE, no money for VLX), Linea diesel (again no aribags for Emotion, no money for E Pk). Just glanced at the Polo (3 months waiting for a new car !! )
Thanks to all the forums to be able to take an informed decision.
I will make the new thread tomorrow and post all the details...:)
5+5 = 10, getting my car today on 05,05,10
Mahindra Scorpio LX - mHawk
Make : Mahindra and Mahindra
Model : Scorpio
Variant : mHawk - LX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 7th May 2010
Color : Rocky Beige
Expected Delivery Date : tomorrow :D
Dealer & City :AML Motors - Hyderabad
Freebies : 12000 worth accessories (Psuedo leather seat covers, Floor mats and Vkool tints)
Others :Exchange bonus -12000, Extended warranty -9999, 10K discount on Insurance)
I booked my Ford Figo Titanium a week back. Every time I ask the dealer, I get the stock reply - delivery after 2 weeks!
2 weeks could probably stretch to 4 or 6!
Booked my Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium on 12th April, 2010
I'm Kunal Jain and I've booked my car with the under mentioned details:
Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : 1.4 TDCi Titanium
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 12th April, 2010
Color : Diamond White with Coral IP (red dashboard :))
Expected Delivery Date : 12th May, 2010 to 22nd May, 2010
Dealer & City : South City Ford, Noida.
Freebies : free 3rd year warranty (as corporate discount worth Rs. 3490), free mud flaps, mats (called Essential pack worth Rs. 2200)
Others : might get a bargain for accessories, if I buy them in a bunch like fog lamps, alloys, spoiler, wax polish, sun-film etc from the dealer.
Waiting in anticipation to have a figo (means cool in Italian) time with my baby!
The greatest dream of my life has finally come true!
I have booked my first car! The BEAT LT in super red! :D
A few more days and she will be home! :)
My car hunt is over at last. I booked the Skoda Fabia. I know its a big suprise for all here. Despite reading all the reviews I still went ahead with the biggest risk since I found the car worth of it after taking TD. I know many of you here may differ with it. Will soon post a detailed review on my nearly two months of car hunt.
Make : Skoda
Model : Fabia
Variant : 1.2 Classic
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 10th May 2010
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 15th May 2010
Dealer & City : Vinayaka Skoda, Bangalore
On road price: Rs 6.13 Lakhs
Booked VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI
I booked a new Golf here in Germany. I already started my countdown to take the delivery in 2 weeks. Will give more details on the buying experience here soon.
Make : VW
Model : Golf VI (Team)
Variant : 1.4 TSI (122PS)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 22nd March 2010
Color : Candy White
Delivery Date : 24th May 2010 (delivery to be taken from VW Factory at Wolfsburg)
On road price: 20,948 EUROs (roughly Rs.12 Lakhs)
Others: 28.5% Discount through "internet broker"
Whats an "internet broker" supposed to do ?
Congrats on the booking. What about the offer and freebies?:D
Here is how it works:
1. You go to the webpage of the internet broker and configure your car. The configurator will show the listed price of the car and the flat discount the broker will offer. These discounts are normally huge as these brokers don't have expenses in maintaing a showroom, catering to test drives, support etc. The dealer in my city gave me a max discount of 13% (where was I got 28% from the internet broker).
2. You get a confirmation from the broker immediately by email. You need to sign this and email/FAX it to the broker.
3. The broker then forwards this to a normal dealer. If you are lucky you get the contact of a dealer nearby your city (In my case, I wasn't that lucky). But for test drive etc., you could go to any dealer in your city. You would do this for service later too.
4. In a weeks time you get the contract from the dealer by post with a tentative delivery period. The broker is no more in picture. You do everything with the dealer from then.
5. You send the signed contract by email (to speed up things) and also by post back to the dealer.
6. In around 2 weeks time you get the confirmation directly from car manufacturer with full order details and the date from when the delivery could be taken.
7. You could then call up "Autostadt" (This is the VW factory in Wolfsburg) and plan your deliver date. You basically pick up your car from the factory. You and your family get a nights stay in Ritz Hotel and a factory tour free.
8. Two weeks before delivery you get the car documents from the dealer.
9. You take these documents, together with a insurance you purchased, to the registration authority in your city and register your car. You will immediately get your registration documents and your number plates. Remember that you haven't paid broker or the dealer any money until now (and the car is already in your name :) )
10. You get the bill from the dealer after this and you pay the money online (or through a bank)
11. The dealer will now email you your car pickup certificate. With this and the other documents + number plates you could pickup your car on the planned date from the factory.
12. Once you are at the factory you could hand over the number plates and other things like child seat etc. They would have it fitted to the car when the car is brought down in a elevator to you.
13. You drive back home with your beauty :)
The time taken for the whole process is not more than the time you would take if you go to any dealer here (in my case it happened to be lesser). This is because the broker is no more in picture from the second day on.
Offer: Rs 50 K discount & Special Interest rates through Kotak Mahindra. I think they have some tie up with them.
Freebies: Sunfilm, Door mats, Mud flaps, Teflon coating and a Small Ganesh idol. Others I will check on delivery.
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:40.|