Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-63.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetVet (Post 1972881)
MAKE Hyundai
MODEL i20
VARIANT Sportz
FUEL Diesel
BOOKING DATE 14th June 2010
COLOUR Dark Grey Metallic
EDD End of August
DEALER & CITY KUN HYUNDAI, Pondicherry FREEBIES NO SHIT:Frustrati
PRICE 6.70 LAKHS
stupid:

Congratulations petvet, have just seen a TD report of i20 sportz. Did you TD it? How is the experience?

And EDD end of August?:Shockked: That is quite a wait!!! All the best for your wait, it would sure seem an eternity :D

Make : Nissan
Model : Micra
Variant : XE (but might upgrade to XL or XV depending on price)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : Sometime in May
Color : Brick Red
Expected Delivery Date : I am still clueless on this one. The commercial launch is scheduled for 15th and the dealer said car will be delivered by July end.
Dealer & City : Oxford Nissan, Pune
Freebies : Let Nissan get the car out first, freebies seem like a distant dream
Other details :
The sales guy said that all details (exact on road price, colors display, test drive appointments, commencement of deliveries) would be available on 15th July. Test drive will be given first to those who have booked the car, aam junta will have to wait for a while. Again its not like those who have booked the car will get a test drive whenever they want, the sales guy told me that they will give an appointment!

However in the rare case that I don't like the car, I have kept the option of a Ritz VXI or a Punto 1.2 Active open.

So waiting until 15th July for the commercial launch of the MICRA. The wait has become unbearable now, just counting the days till 15th July, someone save me please. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 (Post 1973705)
Variant : XE (but might upgrade to XL or XV depending on price)
Booking Date : Sometime in May
Color : Brick Red
Expected Delivery Date : I am still clueless on this one. The commercial launch is scheduled for 15th and the dealer said car will be delivered by July end.
Dealer & City : Oxford Nissan, Pune
Freebies : Let Nissan get the car out first, freebies seem like a distant dream
Other details :
The sales guy said that all details (exact on road price, colors display, test drive appointments, commencement of deliveries) would be available on 15th July. Test drive will be given first to those who have booked the car, aam junta will have to wait for a while. Again its not like those who have booked the car will get a test drive whenever they want, the sales guy told me that they will give an appointment!

However in the rare case that I don't like the car, I have kept the option of a Ritz VXI or a Punto 1.2 Active open.

So waiting until 15th July for the commercial launch of the MICRA. The wait has become unbearable now, just counting the days till 15th July, someone save me please. please:

Yours might be the first Micra to be booked on TBHP I guess. Congrats fior the same. You have booked the car without knowing the price:eek:, I guess your very confident that Micra is rightly priced. Did I get it correct that you have also booking for Ritz and Punto:Shockked:. All the best till July 15th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1973950)
Yours might be the first Micra to be booked on TBHP I guess. Congrats fior the same. You have booked the car without knowing the price:eek:, I guess your very confident that Micra is rightly priced. Did I get it correct that you have also booking for Ritz and Punto:Shockked:. All the best till July 15th.

I booked the car before knowing the pricing because they have have given in writing that if the booking is cancelled, then the entire amount of 50K will be returned within one month. :thumbs up

And the Ritz and Punto are no. 2 and no. 3 on my list. If i don't like the Micra then I will cancel my Micra booking and consider these two.

Variant : XV
Booking Date : Early June
Color : Brick Red/Blue (will confirm after seeing car in flesh in the particular colors)
Expected Delivery Date :July end/August 1st week
Dealer & City : Lakshmi Nissan, Pune
Freebies : No freebies, dealer said clearly
Other details :
I am exactly in the same situation as W.A.G.7. The official launch on 14th July, the prices will be known by then. Test drive on 15th July, can't wait any longer!
I have the option of canceling the booking and have been promised the full refund by the dealer if I don't like the test drive or the prices are higher than expected. But I really hope that's not the case as both me and my wife liked the car very much.

Backup plan
-------------
If I do not like the car after test drive or find the prices too high, I really do not know what to do because we have rejected all other cars in the segment due to some reason or the other. In that case, I might stretch my budget by 1.5 lakhs and go for the Honda Jazz (somewhat affordable after 55K discount)/used Honda City (1 or 2 years old).

question to W.A.G.7 -
What is your expectation on the procing front? I expect the pricing to be 3.75L for XE, 4.5 for XL and 5.2 for XV ( all ex-showroom prices).

Sorry, there is a mistake in the above post. As I am unable to EDIT the previous one, I am posting this.
The dealer is Lakshmi Nissan, Hyderabad (not Pune - copy-paste error).stupid:

Sorry guys! This is the final deal. I am not taking the 5th Alloy Wheel as I have heard that it causes rattling in the Spare Wheel Well, plus, the dealer wasn't to keen on getting it for me as he said they are available in sets of 4 only. I wonder how Autoenthusiast got his.

Quote:

Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta
Variant : 1.6S (Sports)
Booking Date : 19th Jun 2010
Color : Sea Grey
Expected Delivery Date : End of July, 2010
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon
Freebies :
1. First Year Insurance worth Rs. 23000 (By Ford)
2. Corporate Discount- Rs. 15000
2. Ford Essential Kit (Genuine Ford Floor Mats- Black)
3. Genuine Ford Dicky Mat
4. Ford Approved Gear Lock
5. Underbody Rust Treatment by 3M
6. Seat Belt Pads (1 Pair)
Others: Scuff Plates for a special price of Rs. 1000 instead of 1250:uncontrol.
Final Price including everything- Rs. 7,35,000
LOL! The ex-showroom Price is Rs. 7,33,000clap:

Hey BHPians! How is this for a deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1974839)
Sorry guys! This is the final deal. I am not taking the 5th Alloy Wheel as I have heard that it causes rattling in the Spare Wheel Well, plus, the dealer wasn't to keen on getting it for me as he said they are available in sets of 4 only. I wonder how Autoenthusiast got his.

Very good deal, no doubt
Other places, the on road price for S variant comes in excess of Rs.8L whereas you are getting it at 7.35L (even less than the price of SXI variant).

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 1974256)
question to W.A.G.7 -
What is your expectation on the procing front? I expect the pricing to be 3.75L for XE, 4.5 for XL and 5.2 for XV ( all ex-showroom prices).

Hi adimicra,

Even I am hoping that this will be the pricing. Now every one at the showroom in Pune from the sales guy, to the manager emphatically stated that their main competition is the VW Polo. So going by their initial logic it seems that the base variant XE will be ~4.75L, mid variant XL ~5.20L and top end XV ~5.80L.

Let me tell you another incident related to this. For what I don't know but one day around 15th June, all of sudden the salesman called me up and told me that the tentative pricing would be 4.37L for the XE, 4.80L for XE+, 5.37L for XL and 6.10L for the XV.

Now if we go by the salesman's figures, something seems amiss. If you don't consider XE+ variant, then base variant = 4.37L and mid variant = 5.37L. The price difference of 1 lac is just too much to justify especially considering that the bottom two variants are almost similar give or take a few things.

Two points here why I booked the XE:
  1. If I later wish to upgrade from the base version, then they wouldn't have any problem, but if I had booked the top end version, then they wouldn't have let me downgrade to the lower/mid version easily.
  2. I had also thought of booking the XE+ variant because they are giving an OEM stereo. But again after some thinking I found it is not justified. Price diff between XE and XE+ comes to 43K going by the salesman's logic. Seat covers, wheel caps and steering grip, say cost, max 15K then; 28K only for an OEM stereo with crappy coaxial speakers?? No way, I would prefer to get the base variant and add my own stereo and accessories any day with those 28K saved.

Confusion, confusion and more confusion. In fact since the day I booked the car, the amount of maths calculations and number crunching that I have done, would put a school kid to shame!! stupid: And the end result? Wait until 15th July :D

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta CRDi
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 3rd July 2010
Color : Sleek Silver
Expected Delivery Date : End of July, 2010 (or as soon as my loan is approved)
Dealer & City : Trident Motors, Bangalore
Discounts : Not a penny
Freebies :
1. Mats
2. Mud flaps
3. 3M Sunfilm
4. Underbody treatment
5. Car Cover

Make: Ford
Model: Figo
Variant: ZXi
Fuel: Petrol
Booking date: 10-July-2010
Color: White / Sea Grey / Black (will decide based on availability)
Expected delivery date: White = 2 weeks / Sea Grey = 5 weeks / Black = 3 weeks (as of now)
Dealer: Wasan Ford, Chembur, Mumbai
Freebies: Rubber mud flap + rubber mats (in addition to company provided), Sun film

Others:
  1. The sales person & his senior categorically refused to write down the freebies as a commitment on the booking receipt. They were adamant that they would fulfill their commitment, but as a company policy they could not give these freebies in writing. Is that the way this happens? When can I confirm that the freebies are in place? Before balance payment or after?
  2. Also, the registration amount mentioned in the price list included about Rs 5,000 as service charges (towards the RTO agent). In the absence of a passport or voter ID card issued on the registration address, they said they'll need about Rs 4,500 extra in cash for "greasing" the RTO officials. Is that the way this happens?

Quote:

1. The sales person & his senior categorically refused to write down the freebies as a commitment on the booking receipt. They were adamant that they would fulfill their commitment, but as a company policy they could not give these freebies in writing. Is that the way this happens? When can I confirm that the freebies are in place? Before balance payment or after?
As evident from above, I recently booked my Fiesta Sports and asked for a lot of freebiesclap:. In my case, my sales consultant categorically wrote down each and everything that was a part of my deal. Force him to give you all freebies in writing. If your sales person still has a problem, ask him to write all the freebies on a separate receipt of their company as a proof, this, however, should be your last choice. You cannot blindly trust him, he is not your relative!:)

All the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1976296)
As evident from above, I recently booked my Fiesta Sports and asked for a lot of freebiesclap:. In my case, my sales consultant categorically wrote down each and everything that was a part of my deal. Force him to give you all freebies in writing. If your sales person still has a problem, ask him to write all the freebies on a separate receipt of their company as a proof, this, however, should be your last choice. You cannot blindly trust him, he is not your relative!:)

All the best!

He said that he could write the freebies on a blank sheet of paper with his signature but not on a company letter head. I'm worried now. Does anyone have any experience with Wasan Ford? Do they fulfill their verbal commitments?

Make: Fiat
Model: Punto MJD
Variant: Emotion Pack
Fuel: Diesel
Booking date: 11-July-2010
Color: Fox Trot Azure
Expected delivery date: 5th August
Dealer: Prerana Motors, Bangalore
Freebies: Mud flaps, Mats, Garware Sunfilm
Discounts: Free Insurance + Corporate Discount

Now I am really excited about it as this is my first car. Thanks a lot team-bhp for helping me decide this beauty :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhnanda (Post 1976306)
He said that he could write the freebies on a blank sheet of paper with his signature but not on a company letter head. I'm worried now. Does anyone have any experience with Wasan Ford? Do they fulfill their verbal commitments?

I had purchased my Fiesta from Wasan Ford when they were operating in Thane and I had negotiated for all freebies as cash discount, the invoice amount was after the total cash discount. Whatever extra accessories I got from them I have a receipt of that. You should stress for the receipt with all freebies included.
BTW was your Sales contact Manish?