Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 00:19   #1861

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
@MODS: Sorry for this short post/query, there seemed to be no way to contact kjmads (no PM provision yet I guess).

@kjmads : Did you get any discounts (especially on the ex-showroom price) on this purchase?
I am in the research for buying my next car and Optra is currently in my list. I just want to be prepared (if and when) I sit with the sales person when I finalize the deal.

Thank you.
The ex-showroom price is 8,93,664/- Adds up to 10.76L including insurance, road tax, delivery charges and standard fitment.
Rgds, KJM
kjmads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 00:26   #1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmads View Post
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Optra Magnum
Variant: LT TCDI
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: Jan 30 2012
Color: Velvet Red
Delivery Date: 18th Feb
Dealer & City: Trident Bangalore (Kalyan Nagar)
Freebies: Free mudflaps, floor and boot(?) mats, 3M Sunfilm and Reverse sensor.
Waiting for the delivery... The vehicle has reached Bangalore but divine intervention (Mahashivarathri holiday) is delaying registration and delivery to Wednesday (Tuesday supposedly inauspicious as per Wifey).
Old 20th February 2012, 15:56   #1863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Swift
Variant : ZDi
Color : Metallic Torque Blue.
Expected Delivery Date : 6 months!!!
Dealer & City : Popular Vehicles, trivandrum.
Freebies : lol!!!

Finally... :-)
Quote:
EDIT:

Colour: Pearl Metallic Artic White.

Colour is common, but looks as good as the Torque Blue. Somehow, while i felt blue is stunning in daylight, it looks a bit dull towards sunset/ low light conditions. Moreover, a dark colour will be a lot harder to maintain in Chennai's hot and dusty conditions. Hence, switching to white.

Got a call on 25th October 2011 about the availability of one black ZDi. Other than that, no updates on the waiting period.
5 months after booking the car - NO - I didnt take delivery. This post is not for that! Cancelled it instead, and joined the dark side of the force. Maruti, you've lost a loyal customer!

And what happened next?

Make : FIAT
Model : Grande Punto
Variant : 90 HP Emotion Pack

Color : Bossa Nova White.
Expected Delivery Date : 15 days.
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Guindy, Chennai.
Freebies : ~41k in cash (Free Insurance, Corporate discount etc), Mudflap, Floormat, Sillguard (?), Car Cover - All OE assured. I wanted to put sunfilm etc on my own.

Price: OTR: 7,93,000/- (Original OTR before discounts: 8,34,929/-)

Last edited by manson : 22nd February 2012 at 20:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 16:04   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5 months after booking the car - NO - I didnt take delivery. This post is not for that! Cancelled it instead, and joined the dark side of the force. Maruti, you've lost a loyal customer!

And what happened next?

Congratulations! Man, what a turn-around. But, I am damn sure you will not regret the decision a bit. Waiting for your ownership thread. Wishing you all the best for the delivery process.
Old 20th February 2012, 17:08   #1865
BHPian

Quote:

And what happened next?

Expected Delivery Date : 15 days.
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Guindy, Chennai.
Freebies : ~41k in cash (Free Insurance, Corporate discount etc), Mudflap, Floormat, Sillguard (?), Car Cover - All OE assured. I wanted to put sunfilm etc on my own.

Price: OTR: 7,93,000/- (Original OTR before discounts: 8,34,929/-)

why did you cancel it? price hikes in between?
Old 20th February 2012, 22:49   #1866
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations! Man, what a turn-around. But, I am damn sure you will not regret the decision a bit. Waiting for your ownership thread. Wishing you all the best for the delivery process.
Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
why did you cancel it? price hikes in between?
An important family event in life - need it before March 25th (Thats 6 1/2 months after we made the booking).

BUT

1. Dealer was not willing to commit anything. They were telling its not possible.
2. Dec 29th to Jan 29th, my booking status moved from 32nd to 16th. To Feb 20 - it remained at 16. Suspicious and irritating.
3. Price hikes. It was their fault they had strike in factory, and ended up having big hikes. Customers should have been protected. (Atleast those who booked way earlier).

Price hike by itself was a minor issue. Major issue was the lack of commitment towards a delivery date (After 6 1/2 months)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 23:11   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the GP CrAzY dRiVeR.

I am sure you'll love your Fiat. Here is wishing you a very pleasant delivery.
Old 20th February 2012, 23:19   #1868
Senior - BHPian

Wow, unbelievable. Having followed your posts from swift to cruze to rapid and vento, the final choice of the car was totally unexpected. But knowing the kind of research you did, you would have evaluated all the options before making a final decision. Congratulations and all the very best.

I hope there would not be any more changes now:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR

Old 21st February 2012, 07:47   #1869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats on the GP CrAzY dRiVeR.
I am sure you'll love your Fiat. Here is wishing you a very pleasant delivery.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Wow, unbelievable. Having followed your posts from swift to cruze to rapid and vento, the final choice of the car was totally unexpected. But knowing the kind of research you did, you would have evaluated all the options before making a final decision. Congratulations and all the very best.

I hope there would not be any more changes now:-)
Problem with the big cars were - I would not be able to park it inside the garage. It had to be parked on the road. And the thought of parking something as expensive (for my level) as Vento/ Optra Magnum/ Cruze on the road was disturbing!

And then - the GP 2012 TD happened! It had almost everything I expected - in a small sized package that will fit in my garage. Managed to put a big childish grin on my face, which lasted 30 mins after the drive ended. Why spent more then?
Old 21st February 2012, 18:24   #1870
Team-BHP Support

I personally wouldn't have waited this long. Look at the driving fun you missed all these days.

Few days more to go...
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:22   #1871
BHPian

I took delivery of my Civic yesterday. Will take time to write full report. Meanwhile, I wonder whether I have been tricked by the dealership. I negotiated for a specific OTR price that included their free insurance and discounts. However what I find is, they reduced ex-showroom price in invoice and hence all related cost went down (road tax, insurance etc) to match agreed OTR. Is this the practice? Isn't there specific mention of Discounts with full ex-showroom price invoiced?

Please share how negotiated discounts were accounted in your deals.
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:51   #1872
Distinguished - BHPian

Unless it gives you some problem with tax or your own accounting, I would not be at all concerned with how they account for the final figure, so long as it is the actual final OTR figure that you were expecting.
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:26   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats ! Look forward to a ownership report after delivery

Btw, whats the OTR price? Any freebies?

Sorry Mobike, missed this post.
Got delivery this Monday, so I've been a little besotted with the car for the last couple of days.
Ownership report to follow this weekend after I get my new shoes

Managed to get a good deal on the LTZ.... OTR (Navi-Mumbai) is 15.84L with the 0% Depreciation insurance, but I paid 15.1, and that's AFTER getting their premium carpet mats, mudflaps, and some 3M teflon coating thrown in.

Detailed Post to follow in a separate thread by this weekend.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 14:38   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmads View Post
The ex-showroom price is 8,93,664/- Adds up to 10.76L including insurance, road tax, delivery charges and standard fitment.
Rgds, KJM
Hope you have taken delivery of the car. Congrats!

Could you please tell me what was the final amount you paid and what all freebies other than the mat/mud flaps were offered? I am booking mine tomorrow, so this info will help me in negotiating better!

Last edited by ganeshram : 24th February 2012 at 14:48. Reason: Missed an earlier post
Old 25th February 2012, 01:18   #1875

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshram View Post
Hope you have taken delivery of the car. Congrats!

Could you please tell me what was the final amount you paid and what all freebies other than the mat/mud flaps were offered? I am booking mine tomorrow, so this info will help me in negotiating better!
Thank You... I took delivery on 22nd. I got a reverse parking sensor free. The CPCOO amount quoted by them was less by mistake; so they had to give me the discounted rate itself. You can negotiate for IND number plates, boot mat etc to be included (I did'nt get these). Try taking insurance directly - that will be a lot cheaper than the dealer's option I understand.

If you are going for the LT model there is nothing much you would have to add-on..

Wish you good luck.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks