Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 22:15   #166
BHPian

Re: The Great Ipod Thread - All Ipod and MP3 player related threads are merged here.

Iphone would be an ideal solution But i can't spend so much on a phone right now having already brought an Android recently. And moreover, I like the Android's a little more than the Iphone coz of the flexibility they offer.

Spoke to One of my friend and he told me that he is planning to sell his Ipod touch and get an Iphone 4. Hope i get a good deal from him

And yeah. You are dead right about the Quality. My 1st gen, 3 year old Ipod looked in as good shape as my phone (albeit i use the phone more). That's one of the reasons i don't mind buying an used Apple product. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 14th November 2011, 14:20   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Great Ipod Thread - All Ipod and MP3 player related threads are merged here.

Apple Recalls The First Generation iPod Nano - affected iPod nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006

Source: Apple - Support - iPod nano Replacement Program
Order page: https://supportform.apple.com/201110/
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 18:36   #168
Senior - BHPian

I have lost my Ipod Nano’s charging USB cable, where can I get this in Bangalore near and around Indiranagar? I know the original cable will cost a bomb hence will prefer the local one.
Old 19th January 2012, 19:46   #169
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a IPOD Classic 2nd gen 30Gb. I use it only in my car and it is plugged in through the USB cable all the time in the glove box. Over the time i have noticed that the battery backup time has reduced drastically. If i take it out.. and play some music through the earphones, the battery gets empty within minutes.

I think the battery needs to be replaced. Any idea how much it costs to get it replaced from apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I have lost my Ipod Nano’s charging USB cable, where can I get this in Bangalore near and around Indiranagar? I know the original cable will cost a bomb hence will prefer the local one.
Checout ebay.in, you will find lot of options like this:
2 x USB Data Cable for Apple iPhone iPod iPad 1G 2G 3G 3GS 4G 4S | eBay
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 12:45   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
... I think the battery needs to be replaced. Any idea how much it costs to get it replaced from apple? ...
Apple do not stock the batteries of the older models. Better to buy off eBay one of those kits that have the tools (for opening the unit) and the replacement battery. Very easy, you can do it yourself. You can buy with Global Buy, and it takes ~6-8 days for delivery.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 13:53   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Apple Recalls The First Generation iPod Nano - affected iPod nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006

Source: Apple - Support - iPod nano Replacement Program
Order page: https://supportform.apple.com/201110/
Wow. this was lying with me from ages iPod nano 1st gen 1 GB. Checked the serial number and it is under a recall program. India was not in the online list, so i called the apple support.
I will go to local Apple store for replacement.
Thanks a lot for the information.
Old 25th August 2012, 08:51   #172
Team-BHP Support

I have an Ipod Nano 4th gen.

Now, I formatted my laptop recently; so put in the latest version of iTunes and hooked up the iPod.

Promptly, iTunes asked for the iPod to be restored which I did. Now, the iPod is blank.

When I hook it up to the laptop, it displays in My Comp. but it's not displayed in iTunes. I went thru' the steps mentioned on Apple forum but that didn't help.

Help!
Old 25th August 2012, 10:55   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
When I hook it up to the laptop, it displays in My Comp. but it's not displayed in iTunes. I went thru' the steps mentioned on Apple forum but that didn't help.
If you have all the songs on your laptop, do a factory reset (hard reset) of Nano, then connect to laptop and transfer all songs again.
A factory reset should enable the stock firmware, which would be like starting from ground zero.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by ampere : 25th August 2012 at 10:57.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 18:43   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you have all the songs on your laptop, do a factory reset (hard reset) of Nano, then connect to laptop and transfer all songs again.
A factory reset should enable the stock firmware, which would be like starting from ground zero.

Hope that helps.
By hard reset, are you referring to press Menu+Centre button, wait for Apple logo and then press Centre+Play button? I already did that. Didn't work :P

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTune, setting the iPod to Disk Mode, checking and re-enabling the Apple Device driver in Device Manager; iTunes just doesn't seem to be in the mood.

The funny thing is, My Comp is recognizing the iPod.

So, do I just transfer all the song in My Comp now?
Old 25th August 2012, 19:02   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
By hard reset, are you referring to press Menu+Centre button, wait for Apple logo and then press Centre+Play button? I already did that. Didn't work :P

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTune, setting the iPod to Disk Mode, checking and re-enabling the Apple Device driver in Device Manager; iTunes just doesn't seem to be in the mood.

The funny thing is, My Comp is recognizing the iPod.

So, do I just transfer all the song in My Comp now?

@libran,

Hope you have already seen this :

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

I also hope you have all the songs that you have (had!) on your Nano, on your PC too.

Last edited by ampere : 25th August 2012 at 19:05.
Old 25th August 2012, 21:37   #176
Team-BHP Support

Yea, that was the first article I went thru'. Looks like "servicing" seems to be the only option. And given the costs of servicing, probably this iPod is done!

Btw, can iPods be formatted? Would that help?

And yea, luckily I have all the songs!
Old 25th August 2012, 22:36   #177
BHPian

I have an iPod Classic 120GB and face this problem sometimes where it shows in Windows explorer but not in itunes.
I wait for sometime and get a message on the screen which says something like this "iPod needs to be formatted. Scan and format or continue without scanning" I always select continue without scanning and after that it appears in itunes.

If this doesn't happen then I eject it and reconnect it again.
Old 25th August 2012, 23:00   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@libran,

Hope you have already seen this :

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

I also hope you have all the songs that you have (had!) on your Nano, on your PC too.
You want to know what the problem is?

My anti-virus, Quickheal, was blocking it!

This time when I set up Windows on the laptop, I installed Quickheal and in that, I enabled this tiny feature wherein some data on the USB drives is blocked.

And hence, iTunes was not able to recognize it.

So, after all the resetting and restoring, it required such a simple solution!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 02:01   #179
BHPian

My iPod classic isn't connecting to my laptop. I'm trying since the past 1 hour but its just now happening.

When I connect it to the usb port, I get a message saying "the usb device that you plugged in is not recognized". I tried reconnecting but nothing happens.
Its a 3.5 year old iPod. Will a new usb cable solve the problem?

Need help here. Thanks.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:29   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
My iPod classic isn't connecting to my laptop. I'm trying since the past 1 hour but its just now happening.

When I connect it to the usb port, I get a message saying "the usb device that you plugged in is not recognized". I tried reconnecting but nothing happens.
Its a 3.5 year old iPod. Will a new usb cable solve the problem?

Need help here. Thanks.
Have you tried "restoring" it?

Before you try restore try to reboot it. When you press the play (top) and menu (center) button together and keep them pressed for about 10 seconds the ipod should reboot. When the ipod reboots what do you see on the screen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks