Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 15:19   #256
BHPian

I have been using Reliance ZTE usb post paid modem for a year , Its nothing but a joke, they coned me with all their cock and bull stories about their speed and connectivity when they gave me the new connection. For a month or two it was working ok, After that it just used to connect for 10 minutes and get disconnected. i took the unlimited Rs.1500 plan. I used to call the customercare and they are a bunch of jokers who dont know what they are speaking. anyways I stopped paying their bills for three months. And finally their regional man came asking what the problem was. In the mean time I got the BSNL VDU unlimited plan for Rs550, and was working well. I showed the reliance fellows the difference and told them I will not pay and will go to the court for cheating me.I asked my advocate to talk to them,Then they begged and said they will look into the matter. took my USB card to see whether any hardware problems are there. They called me and said the USB card has a problem and will replace it and till today no news of it. Whenever I call Mr. Kamal says he says he in a meeting or he will call me later. Till date nothing has happened. I feel cheated and i have been religiously paying the bills upto MArch'09. These guys are nothing but a bunch of thieves.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:45   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
I have been using Reliance ZTE usb post paid modem for a year , Its nothing but a joke, they coned me with all their cock and bull stories about their speed and connectivity when they gave me the new connection. For a month or two it was working ok, After that it just used to connect for 10 minutes and get disconnected. i took the unlimited Rs.1500 plan. I used to call the customercare and they are a bunch of jokers who dont know what they are speaking. anyways I stopped paying their bills for three months. And finally their regional man came asking what the problem was. In the mean time I got the BSNL VDU unlimited plan for Rs550, and was working well. I showed the reliance fellows the difference and told them I will not pay and will go to the court for cheating me.I asked my advocate to talk to them,Then they begged and said they will look into the matter. took my USB card to see whether any hardware problems are there. They called me and said the USB card has a problem and will replace it and till today no news of it. Whenever I call Mr. Kamal says he says he in a meeting or he will call me later. Till date nothing has happened. I feel cheated and i have been religiously paying the bills upto MArch'09. These guys are nothing but a bunch of thieves.
Well i totally agree with each and every word above.I got the reliance USB data card almost 15 months back.I bought a dell XPS so no choice of PMCIA.I selected unlimited plan i used to pay some 800 bugs.I the beginning i used to get real slow speed.I ignored it some how and kept paying the bills.Finally it was like it used to take 5 min to open Google and best was i tried making there payments thru there website but failed to do that,Since page got expired.Finally after talking to those uneducated call center guys i concluded that this will go no where.I visited there shop to meet second group of uneducated people sitting together in a room.They are hopeless.I got the services d/c.They called me to convert it to prepaid and recharge whenever u wanna use.Grrrrr....
They lied again..I never touched it for months after that.Finally one day one of my friend asked me give that peace of S... for few day since she will not be having wired connection for the time being..I warned her...but NO GO...She took the device to reliance and they told to recharge with 1000 Bugs and they call after few hours that they cant do it.there is no number attached to it (She gave new documents to get new number).Still they call that its not working.She went back and picked up the device from them.These people are uneducated Crooks.
And now she will return that so called USB device to me back.What will do with it.Sell it.Who is going to buy it?
RELIANCE IS HOPELESS
Old 29th June 2009, 22:12   #258
BHPian

BSNL offer

Why struggle with Reliance or Airtel when our own BSNL is offering wonderful deals? In Hyderabad BSNL is offering CDMA NIC/EVDO cards with speed of 144kbps or 2Mbps with montly rate of Rs.250 or Rs.550, unlimited. Sweet. I haven't used it yet, though.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:41   #259
BHPian

Are you sure that BSNL CDMA EVDO is selling at 550 per month. If so, can someone post authentic download/upload screenshots/speedtest figures. I need a high speed connection on the go, so would appreciate if there are real comment on its performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Why struggle with Reliance or Airtel when our own BSNL is offering wonderful deals? In Hyderabad BSNL is offering CDMA NIC/EVDO cards with speed of 144kbps or 2Mbps with montly rate of Rs.250 or Rs.550, unlimited. Sweet. I haven't used it yet, though.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:55   #260
BHPian

I guess BSNL EVDO is Rs.550 + 200 for EVDO Modem (if rented). But it is truly unlimited with no strings attached. There are options to buy the EVDO modem outright but I'm not sure about the cost.

I've recently borrowed and used BSNL EVDO for around 2 weeks when my Airtel DSL packed up. I used to get 1.6-2Mbps continuous speeds while doing downloads from Rapidshare (Premium account).

I'm planning to switch to BSNL EVDO and dump these private robbers.

In an isolated incident, my Airtel mobile phone has stopped working for the past 24 days and Airtel acknowledged as a technical problem at their side and not been fixed yet!!! Imagine even 1 week without your main telephone and it will be easy to understand my frustration.

We've taken company-wide decision to avoid ANY Airtel product from now on. We're just waiting for the damned Mobile Number Portability to be in action to switch our existing numbers. Airtel need to relearn what Customer Care is before getting any business from me.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 30th June 2009 at 14:02.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:37   #261
BHPian

i first bought the netconnect card around 4 years ago.

i now use the netconnect broadband+ card from reliance. data speeds are much bnetter than the old netconnect card.

but service from reliance is completely useless. anything to do with address change, name change or bill by email, takes forever.

my brother uses tata indicom and they are way better than reliznce in customer service.

the speeds shudnt be too different. most likely they will be the same. i fear reliance would be better at coverage. but this is only a guess.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:43   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Are you sure that BSNL CDMA EVDO is selling at 550 per month. If so, can someone post authentic download/upload screenshots/speedtest figures. I need a high speed connection on the go, so would appreciate if there are real comment on its performance.
Yes, EVDO tariff was 550 till June, from 01st July onwards it will be 650. If you do not purchase the modem (Rs. 3500/-), you will have to pay 200 extra as modem rent.

I've been using it for past six months, in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. I usually get speeds ranging between 300 kbps to 800 kbps. And it is truly unlimited.

But check availability and strength of signal in your area before opting for it.

\N
Old 30th June 2009, 18:51   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Are you sure that BSNL CDMA EVDO is selling at 550 per month. ...
The BSNL ad come on the Deccan Chronicle newspaper on 26 June. It quotes the sale price of NIC card at Rs. 2800 and EVDO at Rs. 3500. On rental basis it would be Rs 150 and Rs. 200 resp. For EVDO there is refundable deposit of Rs. 1000.
I am sure the rates are competitive. It's a pity that BSNL is not able to cash on the market in spite of having all the resources at their disposal. Looks like they want to encourage the crooked private players, at their own peril!
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:00   #264
BHPian

Hi,

I recently made the switch from Windows (XP/Vista/7) to Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope). I was able to configure BSNL EVDO modem with some help from net.

The connection was much more consistent, but something was wrong. The speed will just not go beyond 62.6 KBps; 62.6 KBps was achieved very frequently but nothing above it. On the same laptop, when kept on the same place it used to go upto 100-110 KBps.

I looked on net about it, and found out that there is a cap on usbserial drivers due to their buffer size, and that is limiting the speed. I downloaded the Ubuntu kernel code, increased the buffer size in the driver, built the driver module and deployed it. And voila, speed immediately went up to 100-110 KBps.

When I checked with Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test, I got a download speed of 0.92 Mbps. For 750 bucks a month (550 tariff, and 200 rent). Truly unlimited, no FAP crap. I bet no other service provider can beat that, long live BSNL :-)

\N
Old 12th July 2009, 15:17   #265
BHPian

BSNL is the best ISP in India at present with no FUP for any of its connections. I am on Dataone and this month, I have used 262 hours in 11 days and have managed to clock the following usage.

I am consistently managing to get above 500GB every month on my connection.
Attached Thumbnails
The DATA Card and USB Modem discussion thread (Reliance/Airtel/Tata)-untitled2.jpg  

Old 12th July 2009, 22:22   #266
naj
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
This cost is the down turn for these services. I spent 2800 for PCMCIA card from Tataindicom. Now its useless . Lying as junk

Sir, you are still lucky. I have purchased the same PCMCIA data card for 6500 way back in 2006. I remember that there was a waiting period too for that .
Later when I surrendered my indicom data card connection , I asked them if I can use the T-sim from my cdma phone in the data card and they denied it. But out of sheer curiosity I tried and it worked . Now when the wired internets down I just put the cdma T-sim to connect thro the data card .
Old 13th July 2009, 23:28   #267
BHPian

I'm planning to get a wireless internet USB modem. I looked at Tata photon + and Reliance netconnect+. Which one do you think is better?

Does MTNL offers EVDO internet connection in NCR? Or, can I get BSNL EVDO from Gurgaon? If yes, from where?

Edit: Just saw EVDO's tariff at BSNL's website - Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.. Why is it so costly?

Last edited by woof : 13th July 2009 at 23:32.
Old 13th July 2009, 23:36   #268
Team-BHP Support

im trying out photon for a few days. the speed im getting is 1.75 mbps and the browsing seems slower than my 2mbps hardline connection. i get 1.75 mbps on that too. any particular reasons? and shouldnt i be getting more than 1.75mbps on photon?
Old 13th July 2009, 23:51   #269
Senior - BHPian

I've been using the Photon+ for a few days now & its absolutely fantastic. Download speeds I got last night were in the region of 150 kbps on torrents.
Old 14th July 2009, 00:48   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I've been using the Photon+ for a few days now & its absolutely fantastic. Download speeds I got last night were in the region of 150 kbps on torrents.
just checked again and i got 2.7mbps. funny stuff

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks