Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 21:09   #151
BANNED

Hey, though Swift is ugly, I might buy one too. Who cares as along it serves the purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes, Swift is ugly. I always thought so, even though I bought one.

But not nearly as ugly as the backside of a Logan!
Old 31st August 2007, 21:22   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
I hope some people are busy finding the correct match for Esteem and Baleno from animal kingdom.
Any way, for me swift is a good looker, where as esteem and Baleno are ugly. Since Ram thinks both these are great lookers, swift has to be ugly for him.
Not sure if this is off topic or not but surprisingly I feel Swift is one of the best looking cars in the country...I also find Baleno to be extremely good looking but I think ALTO(although I own one) and Esteem to be extremely ugly...I think design appeal of any car is a subjective matter and the closest analogy I cud give is that of different people's tastes for food is different...

No offence to any members intended especially to you Ram Sir....respect you...
Old 31st August 2007, 22:27   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He bought a new cam, but mentioned that he is busy with something. (admissions or something, dont remember exactly... Is in the camera thread, if i remember correctly)
He has got a fracture.

About Swift looking ugly be it, some cars are meant to look ugly and devilish, like the Hayabusa for instance, dont some people love the wicked looks.
Old 1st September 2007, 09:50   #154
BHPian

well this thread is everyday becoming the hate thread, who hates which car and how much.
Old 1st September 2007, 15:46   #155
BHPian

I like the looks of Swift, but my wife wouldn't even look in the general direction of one!! Fiesta was the one we both (and the pocketbook) could agree upon.

Even now, if a swift barges into her FOV, she will say, "what an ugly car!! you wanted to buy THAT? "
Old 2nd September 2007, 12:40   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
I like the looks of Swift, but my wife wouldn't even look in the general direction of one!! Fiesta was the one we both (and the pocketbook) could agree upon.

Even now, if a swift barges into her FOV, she will say, "what an ugly car!! you wanted to buy THAT? "
LOL, my wife says she looks like a pregnant car
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:37   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Hah! True... like a pregnant cow with that wide bit so high up the body!
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:33   #158
Senior - BHPian

Always comparing a car with an animal!
U tasteless creatures!
Old 3rd September 2007, 10:23   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Always comparing a car with an animal!
U tasteless creatures!
good one this thread is sponsored by animal planet
Old 3rd September 2007, 10:38   #160
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
good one this thread is sponsored by animal planet
Here's another animal for you.

Old 3rd September 2007, 11:28   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
OT: BTW, regarding your signature, doesn't Discipline fit for the description better than Quality?
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:46   #162
BHPian

Quote:

now what is this, seems like this guy has spend lot of money on cr****g the car, can anyone tell which car was it originally. is this Ram's favorite swift.
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:37   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't we always (at least since 21st June 2007, 05:55)
called the darn ugly thing a SUV Xover 4 (SX4) with its huge wheels and high ground clearance?

What is wrong with SUV Xover 4 (SX4) and what makes it a CAB?
I love the high ground clearance and the large boot can be useful for some really long drives ?
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:52   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Hah! True... like a pregnant cow with that wide bit so high up the body!
Well it depends on what you look at. Personally I feel it is not as bad as it is said to be. Swift's back can be modded to make it look really sporty ... much sportier than any other car in its class or those which will be coming soon in India. Even years after today Swift will still retain its hot hatch title.

Besides this "so called" bulky looking fat car can seat 4 people max and normally 3 people in real sofa type comfort with minimum bumps even on a rough road (as against the bumpy costlier sedans including the Honda City) and with optimum leg room. The width of Swift is 1690 mm which is equal to that of the Honda City. It is necessary in the interest of more people to sit comfortably. Besides the inner space of Swift is more or less equivalent to Hondas and other sedans. What more can you expect at this price? The seating comfort of Swift with good luxurious seat covers is equivalent to skodas hondas and especially for people having height less than 5'9" or 5'10"; and I care a damn how it looks from outside (Personally I love it and like its looks much much more than SX4 also) as for its price it does not robs you of your hard earned money.

The new Swift Sports will redefine hatches however it's price will determine that.

Besides I feel Swift Sedan will be better than Esteem in Maruti's history and India's car history. I hope and expect so.

Last edited by Tech : 3rd September 2007 at 18:08.
Old 4th September 2007, 13:02   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
Besides this "so called" bulky looking fat car can seat 4 people max and normally 3 people in real sofa type comfort with minimum bumps even on a rough road (as against the bumpy costlier sedans including the Honda City) and with optimum leg room.

Besides the inner space of Swift is more or less equivalent to Hondas and other sedans. What more can you expect at this price? The seating comfort of Swift with good luxurious seat covers is equivalent to skodas hondas and especially for people having height less than 5'9" or 5'10";
Let me try and understand the parts from the post above which i have highlighted in bold.

* Having luxurious seat covers can make even bench seating luxurious and comfortable?
* All opnions from members in the 'What Car' section to people looking at the Swift where they mention that the rear seating is cramped is false?
* 3 people can fit in sofa like comfort on the Swift's rear seat?

Now, these are eye-openers for me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks