BANNED

Great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
wasn't good enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
a great?
There's a big difference between good and great.
My point is that he reached 2nd place in his (and so does Villeneuve's) first year of F1 outing which by itself is a good achievement if not great.
Why is that so small and irritating for many here? Because they were driving wrong cars?

Last edited by speedzak : 16th October 2008 at 19:13.
Old 16th October 2008, 22:46   #3437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's a big difference between good and great.
My point is that he reached 2nd place in his (and so does Villeneuve's) first year of F1 outing which by itself is a good achievement if not great.
Why is that so small and irritating for many here? Because they were driving wrong cars?
The problem we have been discussing is this
autosport.com - F1 News: Hamilton to face scrutiny over driving

ARROGANCE on track which is DANGEROUS for fellow drivers! And he has been doing all this non-sense on track even before he could prove something!

Losing the championship in his first rookie year by 1 point is a GOOD enough performance.

But, the way he lost the championship last year was real NASTY, record breaking and to end it was quite funny too!

To me he is showing the genuine signs of Jacques who always loved the media and hated being overtaken on track! But time will only answer!
Old 17th October 2008, 06:49   #3438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reaching 2nd place in his first year of F1 outing wasn't good enough? He missed the championship by a whisker!
Though I want to get rid of this Hamilton obsession, his die-hard fans won't allow me to do that!

Reaching 2nd place on the 2nd fastest car is no big deal my friend!
Am sure if Karun Chandok is given a Ferrari or Mclaren, he too would be in the Top 3 spot!

I have nothing against Hamilton, it is his arrogance on & off track, which sucks!

Last edited by finneyp : 17th October 2008 at 06:56.
Old 17th October 2008, 06:59   #3439
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Am sure if Karun Chandok is given a Ferrari or Mclaren, he too would be in the Top 3 spot!
So you mean to say that even Karun Chandok is bad in driving?
Sad! Really sad! How much lower can we keep going in spreading the Hamilton hatredness?

Reaching 2nd place in the 2nd fastest car ain't big a deal. Right?
How many drivers in the history have done that?

I'm surprised by the various comments made here as if we were all pros and masters of F1 and Karting.

Getting back to some serious discussion, here's a request from many drivers to change the current Stewards' system:
autosport.com - F1 News: Drivers call for steward system overhaul
Hope somebody will listen and put some good brains in there.

Last edited by speedzak : 17th October 2008 at 07:09. Reason: One more question.
Old 17th October 2008, 07:52   #3440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Though I want to get rid of this Hamilton obsession, his die-hard fans won't allow me to do that!
Nothing abnormal. That's the case with just about everyone and everything in this world. People hate McLaren, Ferrari, Schumacher and even my all time favourite, Ayrton Senna. Dosen't necessarily make anyone a bad person.
Quote:
Possible, but, not necessarily. As is quite evident, Heikki Kovalainen isn't quite there. Even that takes considerable ability. Three drivers I can think of who have shown they have that ability are Alonso, Raikkonen and Hamilton. Driver ability is extremely important.
Old 17th October 2008, 09:38   #3441
BHPian

In China Hamilton fastest in first practice, Massa second and Kimi third. second practice is at 11.30 IST. First salvo to Mclaren.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:35   #3442
BHPian

Looking at the video clip released by Formula 1, it is apparent that it was a well thought out bid to keep the red cars away from the track. One can see how Heikki is trying to push Kimi off the track following Lewis. All is not well with the silver arrows.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:21   #3443
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
No big deal ? How many experienced drivers with the Fastest cars have not reached this position in the past ? He did that in his first season and you say that's no Big Deal ? Surprising statement my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Looking at the video clip released by Formula 1, it is apparent that it was a well thought out bid to keep the red cars away from the track. One can see how Heikki is trying to push Kimi off the track following Lewis. All is not well with the silver arrows.
It is competition at the highest level and all the top drivers and teams are looking to win, Hence such a tight fight. But saying it was a bid to keep the red cars ( as u call them ) away from the track is a bit harsh. Well, that way the same can be said about Massa (?) too when he drives into LH right ? Can be seen in the same video.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:55   #3444
BANNED

Quote:

Well, that way the same can be said about Massa (?) too when he drives into LH right ?
Baba!
Did you forget that there're many things allowed when you drive a red car? That will never be met with a statement like: "All's not well with..... ..."

Kimi comes out open and says now that he is not much happy with his Ferrari even though he finished on the podium last weekend. It seems he hasn't learnt from MS (whom he replaced) the tricks of getting his car tailor made and perfect according to his needs. This is something he was not capable of while he was in Mclaren either.
This is something which MS was a real master of.

Last edited by speedzak : 17th October 2008 at 11:57. Reason: Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 12:02   #3445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Baba!
Did you forget that there're many things allowed when you drive a red car? That will never be met with a statement like: "All's not well with..... ..."
You do get a crane when you are stuck in the gravel to put you back on track. It was a red car. Oops! My bad, it was a red car painted silver Nothing less!
Old 17th October 2008, 12:14   #3446
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Baba!
Oops My Bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
You do get a crane when you are stuck in the gravel to put you back on track. It was a red car. Oops! My bad, it was a red car painted silver Nothing less!
Dude kindly understand the context in which we were discussing about and dont put something just because you wanted to. This way you can go on and on and so can the others...
Old 17th October 2008, 12:19   #3447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Dude kindly understand the context in which we were discussing about and dont put something just because you wanted to. This way you can go on and on and so can the others...
Ok my friend!

Its not just the red cars which are allowed to do whatever they want to do on track. It is also the cars painted silver which is allowed and even more funny things are allowed if its being driven by a driver with a yellow livery on his helmet.

Instance:
Nurburgring 2007 - Silver car driver with a yellow helmet parks his car on the gravel, put back on the track by a crane where rest of the 5 drivers and cars along with him were asked to pull out of the race. They dint have any silver paint and that could be the reason.

Fuji 2007 - Silver car driver with a yellow helmet causes a collision between 2 other cars following him behind a safety car. No penalty!

China 2007 - Silver car driver with a yellow helmet parks his car on the gravel and is being tried to push back to the track by Marshals. Its clear that the pitlane entry should be cleared ASAP due to safety reasons. Nobody talks about it.

Bahrain 2008 - Silver car driver with a yellow helmet rear ends twice on a Renault driver from Spain which is not painted in Silver though, and gets away with no penalties. Not to mention the criticism on the spanish driver that he had brake tested the driver with the yellow helmet.

Canada 2008 - Silver car driver with a yellow helmet who was breezing it rear ends a red car and in the pit lane exit and calls it a racing incident. I wonder how much of racing is allowed in a pitlane.

Are we in context Jay?!

Last edited by anachronix : 17th October 2008 at 12:21.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:25   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
No big deal ? How many experienced drivers with the Fastest cars have not reached this position in the past ? He did that in his first season and you say that's no Big Deal ? Surprising statement my friend.

It is competition at the highest level and all the top drivers and teams are looking to win, Hence such a tight fight. But saying it was a bid to keep the red cars ( as u call them ) away from the track is a bit harsh. Well, that way the same can be said about Massa (?) too when he drives into LH right ? Can be seen in the same video.
There is a reason why i said "well thought". Hamilton was aggressive in the first corner trying to make some impossible move and Heikki didnt try to find a escape route and take the lead. Instead he followed Hamilton and kept to the right of Kimi and took him out of the track.

I dont say what Massa did was right in hitting Hamilton. But there was more spontaneous and all by himself. So it can be attributed only to him and his his judgement being good or bad.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:29   #3449
BHPian

Quote:
Baba!
Kimi comes out open and says now that he is not much happy with his Ferrari even though he finished on the podium last weekend. It seems he hasn't learnt from MS (whom he replaced) the tricks of getting his car tailor made and perfect according to his needs. This is something he was not capable of while he was in Mclaren either.
This is something which MS was a real master of.
You guys always tend to forget\oversee the fact that the man in Silver overall's was allowed to keep his point,when the Silver car was docked of all its points last year?So does that mean that FIA favours Silver car?
LH scored all the points by driving the Silver car.Or did he score them by running on the track without us noticing it?? :-)
Old 17th October 2008, 12:32   #3450
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Ok my friend!

Are we in context Jay?!
Nope, i'm afraid we are not.
Zak said this...
Quote:
Baba!
Which is supposed to be a sarcastic statement, to be taken in the right way . And he said that referring to my post and a post by LandCruiser. That is the context i was referring to and not what was being allowed by the marshals or anybody else.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks