Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 12:42   #151
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kpzen : I am getting squeak sounds from the rear suspension. Are you getting any ??
They didnt change the air filter in the second service for my Getz CRDI.

Last edited by undead : 25th November 2008 at 12:43.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:09   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
1. No, I didn't go for the oil change during the first service. First service was only a wash and just a routine check up of all oil levels.
2. Most of the main mechanical stuff is same in both the cars. So, service costs should be almost similar.

After discussing with the CRDi gurus on forum i was about to change the engine oil at 7500 kms thats when my baby returned a FE of 18.2kmpl which included consistent driving 140+ speeds... Change of mind, i didn't want to mess around when she was performing like a dream !
Thats an excellent return man. But people do generally say its better to change engine oil early because with a new car there will be a lot material addition to the engine oil as the car gets run in.
Can you give me an idea of your average mileage from delivery to 1st service and how much it has improved after 1st service? My mileage has fluctuated from the first fill up, to my latest fill up. The difference is enormous with the ac and without ac.
Old 25th November 2008, 16:31   #153
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Odo- 10075kms
BILL: Engine Oil - 5.3 litres - Rs 977, Oil Filter - Rs 301, Air Filter- Rs 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
@ kpzen:
Air filter changed with just 10K kms on odo? Was this really required or was done due to dusty condition?
In my Viva CRDi days (2nd free service @ 10000, 3rd free service @ 20000 - in April and Oct 2005), Hyundai was not even charging for oil or oil filters during free services. But air filter and fule filter changes were compulsory every 10000kms and were charged. Both of them together were 1006 then.
Old 25th November 2008, 20:40   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
@ kpzen:
Air filter changed with just 10K kms on odo? Was this really required or was done due to dusty condition?
Sukiwa
The manual says @ 10k kms or 2nd service.
Air Filter(Inspect/Replace).
I assume the dusty conditions would be the reason for replacement. HMP won't cheat on me. Let me see what they do with my Getz next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Hey Kpzen : I am getting squeak sounds from the rear suspension. Are you getting any ??
They didnt change the air filter in the second service for my Getz CRDI.
No squeaks and rattles so far. <Touchwood>
Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Thats an excellent return man. But people do generally say its better to change engine oil early because with a new car there will be a lot material addition to the engine oil as the car gets run in.
Can you give me an idea of your average mileage from delivery to 1st service and how much it has improved after 1st service? My mileage has fluctuated from the first fill up, to my latest fill up. The difference is enormous with the ac and without ac.
Pras
The lowest FE figure i have got is 13.4 kmpl and that was while doing some insane speeds.
My driver has recorded the max kmpl till now i.e 20.6kmpl(Sometimes the state transport buses overtake him on the expressway)
On an average it has given me 15-16kmpl(with AC ON always) till now.
There wasn't any difference in FE after 1st service and i wasn't expecting any either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
In my Viva CRDi days (2nd free service @ 10000, 3rd free service @ 20000 - in April and Oct 2005), Hyundai was not even charging for oil or oil filters during free services. But air filter and fule filter changes were compulsory every 10000kms and were charged. Both of them together were 1006 then.
Yes u are right in 2005 they were not charging for engine oil but now they do.

Last edited by kpzen : 25th November 2008 at 20:48.
Old 25th November 2008, 21:55   #155
BHPian

Thats an impressive mileage. Then again despite it being the same engine for both the getz and verna you have to realize that theyre in different segments and the getz is far lighter as well. So overall factors considered no surprise that it returns so much. I guess I can attribute it more to my driving style more then anything at times.
Old 26th November 2008, 09:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

More than the weight of the car and driving style, i think its the route where its being driven.
Almost everyday my Getz is running 50kms on expressway. Cruising with TORQUE

Last edited by kpzen : 26th November 2008 at 09:46.
Old 26th November 2008, 10:11   #157
BHPian

You are Lucky KP. The best figure I've got till date on Getz CRDi is 11.5 and the worst 10 kmpl, no matter how I drive I am unable to get more than 11.5 in any kinda road conditions. My trip to Goa and Chennai I got 14.5 kmpl and both these trips were really high speed ones 120kmph+ most of the time and top at 185 kmph.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
You are Lucky KP. The best figure I've got till date on Getz CRDi is 11.5 and the worst 10 kmpl, no matter how I drive I am unable to get more than 11.5 in any kinda road conditions. My trip to Goa and Chennai I got 14.5 kmpl and both these trips were really high speed ones 120kmph+ most of the time and top at 185 kmph.
Peak mileage will generally be attained at cruising speeds of around 90 or 100kmph. Beyond that you will find substantial loss of mileage per litre. With a car generating so much power and torque, its but obvious that the faster you go the more oil you burn.
Old 26th November 2008, 21:59   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anarchist.
Those numbers aren't acceptable. Get your car checked. The lowest FE i have heard from Getz D owners so far is 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Peak mileage will generally be attained at cruising speeds of around 90 or 100kmph. Beyond that you will find substantial loss of mileage per litre. With a car generating so much power and torque, its but obvious that the faster you go the more oil you burn.
Pras - Thats not true because my car is most of time doing speeds beyond 100kmph.
Old 26th November 2008, 22:26   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Anarchist.
Those numbers aren't acceptable. Get your car checked. The lowest FE i have heard from Getz D owners so far is 12.

Pras - Thats not true because my car is most of time doing speeds beyond 100kmph.
Well I'm not sure. I do know that ideally beyond 100k the car will tend to lose mileage. I myself find myself losing a touch of mileage if I take my verna too fast.Guess it depends on how seasoned the engine is as well perhaps??
Old 26th November 2008, 22:32   #161
Senior - BHPian

If u keep the RPM under 2500 there won't be any substantial drop in FE.
5th Gear @ 2000rpm - 100kmph
5th gear @ 3000rpm - 140kmph
Old 27th November 2008, 12:00   #162
BHPian

95% of the time I upshift below 2500 rpm and downshift well the car can move on its own without you having to accelerate i.e. 2nd gear upto 20kmph, 3rd 30 kmph, 4 40 kmph. I never accelerate when I am in the above mentioned gears and let the ECM do the same. I tried changing gears below 2000 rpm all the way (tank full) still I managed 11.5 thats it. Well I suppose I gotta get my car checked, hope to get better mileage once the manage to do changes to the car, which I presume will be reseting the ECM.

My car's done 5500 km till date, should I wait for the 2nd service to get this done? or visit the A$$ asap?

Anybody got info on any other way or what else Hyundai A$$ might do to improve on the mileage??
Old 27th November 2008, 14:12   #163
BHPian

Any idea what is the maximum capacity of fuel tank for Getz crdi?
Old 28th November 2008, 16:16   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
95% of the time I upshift below 2500 rpm and downshift well the car can move on its own without you having to accelerate i.e. 2nd gear upto 20kmph, 3rd 30 kmph, 4 40 kmph. I never accelerate when I am in the above mentioned gears and let the ECM do the same. I tried changing gears below 2000 rpm all the way (tank full) still I managed 11.5 thats it. Well I suppose I gotta get my car checked, hope to get better mileage once the manage to do changes to the car, which I presume will be reseting the ECM.

My car's done 5500 km till date, should I wait for the 2nd service to get this done? or visit the A$$ asap?

Anybody got info on any other way or what else Hyundai A$$ might do to improve on the mileage??
Get your car checked asap. Don't wait till 2nd service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGsTerrr View Post
Any idea what is the maximum capacity of fuel tank for Getz crdi?
45 litres. On an average a full tank will run for 600kms.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:17   #165
BHPian

Quote:
45 litres. On an average a full tank will run for 600kms.
Oh, but when I filled for the first time, it went on to 47.22 litres!!
The showroom guys told it already had around 3 liters, so adding upto 50L. Am guessing the fuel station guys have a tampered filling equipment!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks