Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 17:26   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
who will run their cars above 200 kmph? It is faster till 200 kmph haha. I remember once i overtook Accord guy in my elantra and he was after me with his lefts and rights. Max i reached 205 kmph on stock elantra and accord guy couldnt come ahead of me. haha he was trying harder and harder. bwahaha I bet Getz crdi will be faster than my elantra because Elantra is much much heavier car than Getz. I wanna add pete's box to elantra, i'm PATAYING my big bro for it. hehe Prajesh how about rollons someday? hehe
woah that must have been quite an experience, racing at speeds in excess on 200...man where were you driving??
kpzen you really have a beast in your hands bro, just drive safe!!
Old 16th January 2009, 23:32   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
woah that must have been quite an experience, racing at speeds in excess on 200...man where were you driving??
kpzen you really have a beast in your hands bro, just drive safe!!
Greater Noida, Expressway. It was a national holiday, so we found only 3-4 vehicles on that whole 23 km stretch. we had enough safe stretch for it, best thing was when i havnt slowed down on a curve and crossed that whole curvish road at 200 kmph with an ease with no oversteer or understeer sort of stuff and accord guy got scared and backed off with that curvish road. i seriously don't know if accord could pass that curve at 200 kmph or not. I guess NO. Prajesh must be knowing that curve before institutional area starts, months before there was a check booth there while coming from delhi to greater noida. it is a good curve.
Old 17th January 2009, 21:53   #273
BHPian

Quote:
i seriously don't know if accord could pass that curve at 200 kmph or not. I guess NO.
An Accord could very well do it if an Elantra could, if an Ikon and an Accent could make it at 165kmph on stock wheel/tyre profiles then an Accord can definately make that curve.
Its only a question of how you enter and exit the curve plus that curve is longish and consistent.
Most important is the fellow in the driver's seat should have the correct number of balls.
Old 18th January 2009, 07:23   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
An Accord could very well do it if an Elantra could, if an Ikon and an Accent could make it at 165kmph on stock wheel/tyre profiles then an Accord can definately make that curve.
Its only a question of how you enter and exit the curve plus that curve is longish and consistent.
Most important is the fellow in the driver's seat should have the correct number of balls.
Elantra is much stable than accord as i had driven accord too. no doubt it is a very good car but some how i like elantra's handling. i had sudden steep lefts and rights in elantra at 170-180 kmph in the past with an ease, but accord couldnt gave me that much confidence. 165 kmph and 200 kmph big big difference in the momentum. hey abhik i left some posts for you in performance mods for cng in the previous days.

Well!! I have TCS in Elantra man which accord lacks. This makes elantra much better car. I could feel TCS role on tht time, my speed starts declining from 205 kmph and when i crossed that curve my speed was 195 kmph and i can feel it from the engine sound...

Well that curve i passed in my accent at 180 kmph but boy it was scary and i just did it once at 180 kmph in my accent. but after that max i did 160-165 kmph with an ease like 100000 times. and i have 185 wide tyres in my accent. Just 15 kmph difference makes it scary.
Old 19th January 2009, 14:26   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Dont know that, but these are from an old run of HellStar's Verna, stock condition(maybe a filter, dont remember), and with some crappy tires... Wonder what it will do with the Petes box and good rubber?
Wooh ! Insane figures for a stock car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Something on those lines is being planned Tadu! Keep tuned!
Ahem ! Coming soon ?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The whole of the South knows JK's fetish for red colored mats, now even the north has got to know of it .
Poor chap.! Gets screwed left, right and center everytime the topic of floor mat comes up...
Quote:
Well that curve i passed in my accent at 180 kmph but boy it was scary and i just did it once at 180 kmph in my accent. but after that max i did 160-165 kmph with an ease like 100000 times. and i have 185 wide tyres in my accent. Just 15 kmph difference makes it scary.
At 150 + speeds, 15kmph difference can be huge.
Old 19th January 2009, 19:17   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Elantra is much stable than accord as i had driven accord too. no doubt it is a very good car but some how i like elantra's handling. i had sudden steep lefts and rights in elantra at 170-180 kmph in the past with an ease, but accord couldnt gave me that much confidence. 165 kmph and 200 kmph big big difference in the momentum. hey abhik i left some posts for you in performance mods for cng in the previous days.

Well!! I have TCS in Elantra man which accord lacks. This makes elantra much better car. I could feel TCS role on tht time, my speed starts declining from 205 kmph and when i crossed that curve my speed was 195 kmph and i can feel it from the engine sound...

TCS!! So thats why you felt the Elantra stable. I actually didnt know it had TCS, maybe Honda can learn a few things from Hyundai
Old 19th January 2009, 23:03   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Gangsta, that sounds like complete rubbish? What exactly are you trying to say?

And no, TCS does not come on at 205 kmph.

And no, it does not make it more stable than the accord.

And this is the Getz CRDi thread, lets move this to your Elantra mods thread?

Last edited by tadukuttan : 19th January 2009 at 23:06.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:17   #278
Senior - BHPian

9days and 1000kms with Petes!!

The moment i got petes i felt an increase in engine noise at idle. Later, it was confirmed by Peter that its because the common rail being made to work harder. The increase in noise is only at idle, once u start moving its same as stock.
An interesting thing to be noted is that i haven't felt much difference in driveability. The torque is insane and magnamous, 2nd gear wheelspin has become normal even under normal driving.

One incident with Dad.
Dad - There's something wrong in this car !!
Me - What happened?
Dad -What the #$%^& ?? !!? Its wheelspinning to glory in 2nd gear under normal acceleration..
Me - Take it easy Dad !! this car is lil mad at times above 2000rpm..
Dad - I pressed the accelerator a bit to overtake a slow moving vehicle and i could only see sky....huh What have u done?
Me - lol.i haven't done anything i guess its due to the fantastic 2nd service by HMP...
Dad - Crap !!
Me - ehh!! Run for cover......Dad i got some work...catch ya later.. Drive safe..

Now back to the review.
FE - Thats the best part. There hasn't been any drop in FE at all. Fantastic for such power this car generates.

For me the fun really starts at 100kmph..It simply goes ballistic and the way it reached 150+ speeds is just mind boggling...
Old 20th January 2009, 14:35   #279
rippergeo

Similar conversation had happened between me and my dad after I pete'd the swift. I blamed it on the new air filter though. He wanted a simlar "filter" for his verna, but if I told him that the sticker price for the "filter" would be 28k, The game would have been up.

Old 20th January 2009, 21:31   #280
BHPian

lol rippergeo next time try telling him the truth when he's in a good mood. Maybe he'll buy one for his car as well.
Fun of living life is in grabbing the risks it offers
Old 20th January 2009, 21:43   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Now back to the review.
FE - Thats the best part. There hasn't been any drop in FE at all. Fantastic for such power this car generates.
Prajesh the reason i was constantly asking for FE was because what the box does is increase(elongate) the injection cycle, thus the FE should ideally go down with driving at high speeds at a regular basis.
I am surprised the FE has'nt gone down.
Not that i would like to buy the Getz for FE but what i was concerned about is consumption dropping down phenomenonally to about 10-11kmpl if driven constantly over 110-120kmph and frequent bursts of 150+kmph on the highways.
Maybe i am wrong.
Old 20th January 2009, 21:51   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Gangsta, that sounds like complete rubbish? What exactly are you trying to say?

And no, TCS does not come on at 205 kmph.

And no, it does not make it more stable than the accord.

And this is the Getz CRDi thread, lets move this to your Elantra mods thread?
Rubbish? I never knew that TCS wont come into play while cornering... that's something new to me. Either i need to learn something about TCS or You need to learn about it before using the word "RUBBISH".

anyways, this is not a thread to bring elantra conversation.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1138534

waiting for your reply.

Last edited by Gangsta : 20th January 2009 at 22:05.
Old 20th January 2009, 22:51   #283
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
what the box does is increase(elongate) the injection cycle, thus the FE should ideally go down with driving at high speeds at a regular basis.
I am surprised the FE has'nt gone down.
You are right when you say, more fuel is being injected, but the sequence of injection and the particular injectors used also determine the amount of torque produced at a particular rpm. it is not as simple as increased fuel=increased torque.

if the driving style remains the same, mileage will actually go up, because we tend to drive at lower revs after the box, becuase we get more torque lower down the rev range.

But kpgetz's Getz is wierd! Ripping at 160+ and still giving 14-15kmpl

If I rip like that, my mileage will drop to 10-13 from 18-19

Old 20th January 2009, 23:07   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
You are right when you say, more fuel is being injected, but the sequence of injection and the particular injectors used also determine the amount of torque produced at a particular rpm. it is not as simple as increased fuel=increased torque.

if the driving style remains the same, mileage will actually go up, because we tend to drive at lower revs after the box, becuase we get more torque lower down the rev range.

But kpgetz's Getz is wierd! Ripping at 160+ and still giving 14-15kmpl

If I rip like that, my mileage will drop to 10-13 from 18-19

My driving style and travel route has been the same before and after getting Petes..Only the top speed has changed
Touchwood

Last edited by kpzen : 20th January 2009 at 23:26.
Old 21st January 2009, 03:39   #285
BANNED

Congrats Mr. Kevin Prasad Haryanwi!
Enjaay thi peetay's baax!

Still running low on fuel? Tell LG to pay your fuel bills also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks