Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 03:46   #376
Senior - BHPian

I was just about to post that you need to leave out around 1.8-2mm of the tread as the minimum legal limit. So effectively, total usable tread on the tyre is going to be under 7mm.
Old 12th March 2009, 14:04   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
how did you measure the depth from the vernier calipers? did you poke the tyre with the caliper then check. lol.
Can't explain !
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Prajesh, couldn't you have done this on Sat morning when the engine would have been cooled overnight...?
Dad was going to get it serviced on Sat morning. He doesn't know about the blue box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope you have rotated the tires? Also dont go by vernier reading, tires will start fading off faster at later part of its life and also safe limits will not be 0 mm depth if you are planning on driving fast
Completely agree! I never said i will use them till the tire tread depth becomes zero. At 21k kms it was only worn 33% and whatever be the condition of the tires i would change them at 40k kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
If you do lots of highway driving then the left tyres should wear out more than the right. So RR wearing more than RL is not right, unless you have recently rotated the tyres. And make sure for the next rotation RR goes to FR and not FL as is the norm.

Also in the UK legal tyre tread limit is 1.6mm. Going by that logic, you still have about (5.73-1.6) = 4.1mm tread or about 31k kms more left on the tyres.
The tires were rotated recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I was just about to post that you need to leave out around 1.8-2mm of the tread as the minimum legal limit. So effectively, total usable tread on the tyre is going to be under 7mm.
Still it would do 35-40k kms na?
Old 12th March 2009, 16:10   #378
Senior - BHPian

Haan haan, just keep your right foot a bit in control!
Old 17th March 2009, 11:37   #379
BHPian

Hey KP what is the fuel efficiency you are getting out of the monster. I seem to be getting only 13 KM to a litre. I somehow feel its less. Can you put up the differences after each service?

And i really want to know this. How can the fuel efficiency increase after service. I mean do they do anything other than the oil change?
Cheers/Shyam

Last edited by ShyamSCrdi : 17th March 2009 at 11:46.
Old 21st March 2009, 23:10   #380
Senior - BHPian

Detailed status of FE and expense so far :

Car - Getz CRDI
Model - July 2008
Current Odo - 21714 kms

Total Fuel expense so far - Rs 45337
Total Fuel consumed in litres - 1407.66

Max FE - 20.5kmpl
Lowest FE - 13.64
Avg FE so far - 15.73 kmpl

First Service - 1000kms
Second service - 9678kms
Third Service - 19689kms

Petes and Green were installed @ 13000kms.

Mods : I'm unable to upload anything on tbhp.

Last edited by kpzen : 21st March 2009 at 23:12.
Old 21st March 2009, 23:14   #381
Team-BHP Support

FE chart from KP who is unable to upload attachements.

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-getz-crdi-fe.jpg
Old 24th March 2009, 07:33   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Detailed status of FE and expense so far :
Max FE - 20.5kmpl
Lowest FE - 13.64
Avg FE so far - 15.73 kmpl
Those are some super figures KP. Can you please share place where you drive and the distance that you travel and even the driving style . I have tried every kind of driving style on my vehicle and after everything the fuel eff remains the same everytime between 12 and 13. Even after pete's you getting the same efficiency?
Old 16th April 2009, 17:48   #383
Senior - BHPian

24000 kms update !!

Engine : Makes me grin on expressway almost everyday. Last Saturday i touched 210 kph on expressway thanks to the small downslope i hit while doing 200kph. < Touchwood> No issues so far.

Petes + Green : It been a blistering experience of 11000kms with Petes + Green. The Green filter gets clogged too soon IMO. First cleaning was done after 7k kms and next cleaning was done after only 3k kms. Petes with stock filter is useless and CRDi without Petes is not drivable.
I tried driving without Petes once and all i did was to take a U turn back home after 25kms just to pick up the Blue box.

Clutch : No issue so far but it has become little weak. Earlier it used to easily start off from stand still in 2nd gear but now there's slight hesitation. Next service i'm planning to get it checked thoroughly.

Brakes: They might not inspire much confidence due to the nose dip but they are bloody brilliant in straight line till 160kph even with a yoko comfort tire. There was noticeable brake judder after 15k kms which has vanished on its own for the last few kms. The issue was reported during the 3rd service for which the service engg got the wheels balanced as he interpreted brake judder as wheel wobbling. lol

Tires
Yoko A drive have performed beautifully so far without any issues. Expecting them to last till 35k kms. The torque has really tortured them for 24k kms so far.

Summary of Problems so far....
1. AC effectiveness reduced after 20k kms for which the filters behind the glove box were cleaned.

2. Brake judder which has vanished for now.

3. Squeaking wheel caps.

4. Indicator on the left fender comes out at 160kph (mfg defect) causing turbulence. lol

5. Beige interiors, very painful to keep them clean. Dunno how many times i have got the front two seats dry cleaned. Getting seat covers soon.

6. Reverse gear is still rough.

Last edited by kpzen : 16th April 2009 at 17:51.
Old 16th April 2009, 18:04   #384
BHPian

Nice review there KP. You surely are burning some rubber Btw, where do you get your car serviced ? Any idea how good are the Nimbus Hyundai people at Noida as I plan to take my car there due for its 10K service.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:10   #385
BHPian

210kmph? that is some serious driving kp! reading your review is a thrill in itself.
you seem to be enjoying your car to the fullest.
Old 17th April 2009, 00:34   #386
Team-BHP Support

KP, even if there is 100% visibility and empty roads, 210 is insane speed brother.

Please drive carefully.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:28   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Nice review there KP. You surely are burning some rubber Btw, where do you get your car serviced ? Any idea how good are the Nimbus Hyundai people at Noida as I plan to take my car there due for its 10K service.
Thanks.
All service were done at HMP Mathura Road. I'm pretty satisfied with them.
Never been to Nimbus, no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
210kmph? that is some serious driving kp! reading your review is a thrill in itself.
you seem to be enjoying your car to the fullest.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
KP, even if there is 100% visibility and empty roads, 210 is insane speed brother.

Please drive carefully.
Anything above 120 kph on unpredictable roads of our country is not safe.
BTW it wasn't done just to achieve that figure.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:39   #388
Senior - BHPian

Drive Carefully.

What if we disclose Ishan's Driving that night at Monaco Grand Prix then?
Old 17th April 2009, 12:16   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Try Capital hyundai at sec-63. One of my friend is pretty satisfied with their service for his Accent & santro.They are the same guys who own Marketing Times - Maruti dealership.
Old 17th April 2009, 23:31   #390
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@Dragonov : yes i've heard good things about Capital hyundai too!

Afaik NIMBUS service is ok , nothing great. They have too many cars and u will have to go there early. Service center is next to TYRE SHOPPEE.

@KP : Is the Driver side mirror on the GETZ a non convex type??? if yes why is this so? The day/night rear view mirror i believe is not that effective due to the light colored interiors!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks