Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:51   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
hehe. injection modulation is also possible in any generation crdi system.
===============
anyways keep us guys posted of the developements

You ought to meet the diesel uncles at Bangy

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th August 2009 at 16:34. Reason: Readability, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:35   #482
BHPian

Prajesh, you utter cad! Washing your Getz in a Maruti Service Bay!!!
Old 6th August 2009, 02:13   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Ripping it apart on weekdays and pampering her on Sundays.
KP yaar, I'm getting the car this Sunday, please clean it properly!
Old 19th August 2009, 11:09   #484
Senior - BHPian

The FE Challenge !!

Last weekend, both the CRDis were out on highway and returned some sensational FE.

My Getz (silver) did 1000kms in 3days with Petes / AC ON/ 5 ppl on board + luggage
1st tank full @ Shimla 312kms(Faridabad - Shimla) - 15.2 litres = 20.53 kmpl
2nd tank full @ Solan 289kms(all inside HP) - 20 litres = 14.45 kmpl
3rd tank full @ Faridabad 455kms - 24litres = 18.95 kmpl

My cousin went bonkers when i sms'd him the FE after 1st tank full. I have bugged him enough for a year and more now with my FE and top speed numbers. He tried everything but never managed to achieve 15+ kmpl, consistently even on highways.
Finally, on 15th Aug i get a sms from him, My getz gave 22kmpl on Delhi - Chandigarh - Delhi, now beat that. He was literally dancing in the aisles with joy.

The mean machines.

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-18082009208.jpg

Here's a small video of the drive.

Last edited by kpzen : 19th August 2009 at 11:17.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:51   #485
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
1st tank full @ Shimla 312kms(Faridabad - Shimla) - 15.2 litres = 20.53 kmpl
2nd tank full @ Solan 289kms(all inside HP) - 20 litres = 14.45 kmpl
3rd tank full @ Faridabad 455kms - 24litres = 18.95 kmpl
Very good efficiency figures!

You are having your cake and eating it too!
Old 19th August 2009, 16:11   #486
Senior - BHPian

Brake pads replaced @ 34500 kms.
Cost of brake pads -Rs 1330/-
Difference between the old and new brake pads.

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-12082009182.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-12082009183.jpg

Last edited by kpzen : 19th August 2009 at 16:13.
Old 27th August 2009, 12:40   #487
BHPian

KP, I have recently joined this forum and own a Getz CRDI{run 10000 km}. I have a few queries:

1}Can you pls elaborate on the RPM's for Upshifting and downshifting in city driving conditions to gain max mileage. I usually upshift at 2000 RPM.

2}I find it really hard to drive on 5th gear in city since the car does not feel comfortable on 5th at speeds below 80. So in city i max out on 4th gear. What affect does it have on the mileage.

3}I have done 10,000 kms as of now and the best mileage that i have got{@65%ac utilization} is close to 14.4 in city and 16 on the highway. But mostly the mileage hovers around 13. Is that fine?

4} Which Engine oil do you use. I am on Mobil Spper 1000 15W-40. Is this appropriate?
Old 29th August 2009, 09:52   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_GetzCRDI09 View Post
KP, I have recently joined this forum and own a Getz CRDI{run 10000 km}. I have a few queries:

1}Can you pls elaborate on the RPM's for Upshifting and downshifting in city driving conditions to gain max mileage. I usually upshift at 2000 RPM.

2}I find it really hard to drive on 5th gear in city since the car does not feel comfortable on 5th at speeds below 80. So in city i max out on 4th gear. What affect does it have on the mileage.

3}I have done 10,000 kms as of now and the best mileage that i have got{@65%ac utilization} is close to 14.4 in city and 16 on the highway. But mostly the mileage hovers around 13. Is that fine?

4} Which Engine oil do you use. I am on Mobil Spper 1000 15W-40. Is this appropriate?
Amit,

Welcome to this elite club.

1. Frankly, i have never driven this car with a mindset of achieving max FE but luckily for me the FE figures have been quite decent for a 130bhp car. Upshifting at 2000rpm is fine IMO, just make sure you don't lug the engine by driving below 1500 rpm.

2. It doesn't like to be in 5th gear at speeds < 80kph. Driving in 4th gear inside city won't hamper the FE. Its anyday better than lugging the engine in 5th gear. With petes it pulls relentlessly in 5th gear from 60+ kph.

3. Slightly on the lower side but ya it depends on where you are driving / Traffic conditions etc. My daily drive includes 50 kms of expressway and it stays in 3 digit speeds and 5th gear throughout the 50kms.

4. I was using the Hyundai approved IOC Servo for 28000kms, now running on Shell Helix for the last 8000kms.

Cheers
Old 29th August 2009, 11:53   #489
BHPian

My getz CRDI

hello friends
My Getz CRDI car has done 50000 kms in 21 months time,I am extremely happy with the vehicle
Old 29th August 2009, 16:26   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello friends
My Getz CRDI car has done 50000 kms in 21 months time,I am extremely happy with the vehicle
Wow! Is that the first 50k on the rocket on Team BHP?!! Please post a detailed ownership experience, mods you have done- and photos of the rocket!!
Old 30th August 2009, 10:44   #491
BHPian

D/A, URGENT. Pls reply asap

Met up with a small accident on the highway{brakes not supporting a quick stop at high speeds}. Must say that the car is quite well built since i banged an Indica on its rear and still didn't feel too much of an impact on the inside.
Post incident observation revealed a small dent on the front bonnet & some damage on the front bumper.

Had taken the car to the workshop{ Modi Hyundai, Goregaon, Mumbai} to get the work done under insurance and here is what the service engineer has told me.
1} Since the dent on the bonnet is a small one i cannot claim a replacement under Insurance{ HDFC Ergo}. I have to do with just denting and painting work. Am not satisfied since i wanted to replace the bonnet completely post impact. Can i do something about this?

2} The bumper will get replaced under insurance.

The service guy has further told me that the my out of pocket cost{post insurance settlement of claims} for the denting & painting of the bonnet and the replacement of the bumper will come to Rs. 2200/- . Is this cost appropriate or its on the higher side.

Also the service guy has asked me to fill up two separate insurance claim forms for the bonnet and the bumper respectively. Is this logical?. Is he trying to con me?
Old 30th August 2009, 14:13   #492
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the accident.

You should not need to fill up two separate forms for one accident. You can only claim once per incident, so it doesn't make sense.

Whether or not the replacement of the bonnet will be covered under insurance depends on the person who comes to inspect the car. Most dealerships will have some sort of understanding with this person to make the most profit out of insurance claims. If he can be convinced to sign off the replacement under insurance...

Bumper is plastic, so you'll have to pay half of the cost out of your pocket. ~5000 seems reasonable for a rear bumper, but someone who owns the car will have to weigh in.
Old 30th August 2009, 14:51   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
D/A, URGENT. Pls reply asap

1} Since the dent on the bonnet is a small one i cannot claim a replacement under Insurance{ HDFC Ergo}. I have to do with just denting and painting work. Am not satisfied since i wanted to replace the bonnet completely post impact. Can i do something about this?

2} The bumper will get replaced under insurance.

The service guy has further told me that the my out of pocket cost{post insurance settlement of claims} for the denting & painting of the bonnet and the replacement of the bumper will come to Rs. 2200/- . Is this cost appropriate or its on the higher side.

Also the service guy has asked me to fill up two separate insurance claim forms for the bonnet and the bumper respectively. Is this logical?. Is he trying to con me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Sorry about the accident.

Whether or not the replacement of the bonnet will be covered under insurance depends on the person who comes to inspect the car. Most dealerships will have some sort of understanding with this person to make the most profit out of insurance claims. If he can be convinced to sign off the replacement under insurance...

Bumper is plastic, so you'll have to pay half of the cost out of your pocket. ~5000 seems reasonable for a rear bumper, but someone who owns the car will have to weigh in.
Thats the problem with plastics. 50 from your pocket. 2200 looks ok to me.

For small dents, you wont get any replacement and do remember its indirectly your money. If the total expenditure is within 5K or so, I would say spend it from you hand.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:40   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That means he's trying to make two claims from one accident. Screw him, demand for more details and talk to senior people at the service station.

Check out for other damages as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Bumper - Rs 1330/- + taxes + painting.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:43   #495
Senior - BHPian

Wow, then there is something seriously wrong in the estimate given to you, Amit.

Since paintjobs (billed as labor) and labor are completely covered under insurance, your big bill doesn't make sense. Go find someone senior at the dealership and find out what's going on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks