Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 23:37   #541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
No its a mistake while recording in the excel sheet.
Ah ok. Was about start off on cost cutting by H - thank god I checked with you before trying to have my big foot in my even bigger mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
That's great to know!
Last time I ripped Absynthguzzler's Getz CRDi to Vijayawada and back to Hyd, I got a measly 13 kmpl! And he gets a minimum of 18 in the Hyderabad traffic!
When did you upshift during the run? The torque surge starts at as early as 1750 RPM and lasts till 3000 RPM (it actually starts trailing off after 3000 RPM!), and hence upshifting at max 2000 ~ 2500 RPM till the third gear and then working her up is the way to go! I invariable get ~15 KMPL in peak hour city traffic, and in highway runs of 140+ KMPH too!
Old 8th April 2010, 23:47   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's great to know!
Last time I ripped Absynthguzzler's Getz CRDi to Vijayawada and back to Hyd, I got a measly 13 kmpl! And he gets a minimum of 18 in the Hyderabad traffic!
Assuming you are used to petrol cars and u must have revved it over 3500 RPM in 2nd/3rd gear many times. Correct me if i'm wrong.

18kmpl in traffic is too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Ah ok. Was about start off on cost cutting by H - thank god I checked with you before trying to have my big foot in my even bigger mouth
What else have u observed in terms of cost cutting ?
Old 8th April 2010, 23:55   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Assuming you are used to petrol cars and u must have revved it over 3500 RPM in 2nd/3rd gear many times. Correct me if i'm wrong.
@ ph03n!x & kpzen:
i am used to petrol cars and I usually shift at higher RPMs! Maybe that was the cause of the low mileage!
But, During that trip, I was really enjoying the Turbo surge of the pocket rocket.
My colleagues, who travelled with me, are still in praise of the getz!
Old 9th April 2010, 11:42   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What else have u observed in terms of cost cutting ?
On the Getz, nothing much after the differences between out rockets and what was there in the initial batches (Rear spoiler, gear knob, hand brake holder, etc)
Quote:
But, During that trip, I was really enjoying the Turbo surge of the pocket rocket.
Welcome to the World of Torque
Like I said, the surge you felt when the turbo kicks in is nothing but the torque the engine generates, and the torque curve is pretty much flat from 1900 RPM all the way to 2750 RPM. Revving this car in the first and second is a waste of fuel and time. 1500-2000 RPM is good enough to upshift from first to second / second to third. The fun begins in 3rd - once in third try pedal-to-metal (make sure the road ahead is clear!!) and upshift to 4th at a tad less than 3000 RPM - repeat the same thing, and if you forgot to see the speedo, you will already be in the higher 3-digit speeds

Last edited by ph03n!x : 9th April 2010 at 11:43.
Old 9th April 2010, 11:57   #545
BHPian

Naz (Pulsar56 ) is used to driving a 1.3Ltr Zen with Raj Hingorani specced Free Flow , lol . So you can imagine how he would have floored my roadrunner :-).

Guys , i must add that i got 18kmpl with a lot of neutral driving on flat roads and downward slopes . Once the car is upto say 40kmph , i find it very easy to cruise along without engaging drive until the next signal or braking moment. Using this technique , I'm even able to judge my tyre pressure difference on a daily basis.

My fuel refills hover around the halfway tank mark and thats usually about 290-320 kms (in city) . On average i end up filling anywhere between 20-22ltrs .

The max i got on the highway at the halfway mark was around 490km. I didnt bother with refuelling and checking mileage as the car was due for service. And to my luck , the mechanics had siphoned out fuel till the 1/4 mark before i could refuel and check my mileage post the service.

Off late my getzy's turbo is not kicking in at 1800rpm . The only solution everyone has to offer is to do a reset and complete a 30min spirited drive . This has not worked with trials within the city and will have to keep my hopes high until my next long drive and see if it gets sorted . If not ..... i might be the first getzy customer with a turbo failure for no apparent reason.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:27   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Naz (Pulsar56 ) is used to driving a 1.3Ltr Zen with Raj Hingorani specced Free Flow , lol . So you can imagine how he would have floored my roadrunner :-).
Yeah, i guessed so bcos thats exactly what happened when my friend ripped it on Bangalore -Pune highway. The FE dropped to 13.XX kmpl
Quote:
Guys , i must add that i got 18kmpl with a lot of neutral driving on flat roads and downward slopes . Once the car is upto say 40kmph , i find it very easy to cruise along without engaging drive until the next signal or braking moment. Using this technique , I'm even able to judge my tyre pressure difference on a daily basis.
Dude! IMO, thats too much of an effort for this car. Just enjoy the torque, after all its a diesel.
Quote:
My fuel refills hover around the halfway tank mark and thats usually about 290-320 kms (in city) . On average i end up filling anywhere between 20-22ltrs .

The max i got on the highway at the halfway mark was around 490km. I didnt bother with refuelling and checking mileage as the car was due for service. And to my luck , the mechanics had siphoned out fuel till the 1/4 mark before i could refuel and check my mileage post the service.
490kms for a half tank of fuel is brilliant.

On highway trips the fuel needle drops slowly till the half mark and after that there would be a quick drop.
Quote:
Off late my getzy's turbo is not kicking in at 1800rpm . The only solution everyone has to offer is to do a reset and complete a 30min spirited drive . This has not worked with trials within the city and will have to keep my hopes high until my next long drive and see if it gets sorted . If not ..... i might be the first getzy customer with a turbo failure for no apparent reason.
Check the condition of air filter.

Last edited by kpzen : 9th April 2010 at 12:28.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:36   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check the condition of air filter.
It has been done.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...getz-crdi.html

And the turbo still kicks in late!
Old 13th April 2010, 12:50   #548
Senior - BHPian

AC Filters washed in washing machine !!

AC filters located behind the glove box got clogged with dust so whenever i used the blower @ 2+ speeds there used to be a growling sound. Thats a clear signal of filters blocking the air flow.
So far i had cleaned it with high pressure air couple of times in 50k kms but this time it didn't work and the air flow through the vents wasn't enough.

Solutions or crazy ideas that struck me :

1. Remove the filters and run it in re-circulate mode....Tried it for 2 days.. AC was chiller but realized that dust will harm the cooling coil in the long run.
2. Safest bet was to et a new set of filters which will cost around Rs 800/-
2. Wash it with water. Since the material of filter is some sort of fabric, i thought it could work. Anyways i need to do something. either clean it somehow or get a new set.
Washed the filters in washing machine with luke warm water in gentle mode.
Voila...!! The filter is clean and AC is working fine now.

Condition of filter before cleaning..
Name:  28032010876 Medium.jpg
Views: 1312
Size:  126.4 KB

Last edited by kpzen : 13th April 2010 at 12:55.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:21   #549
BHPian

Quote:
AC filters located behind the glove box got clogged with dust so whenever i used the blower @ 2+ speeds there used to be a growling sound. Thats a clear signal of filters blocking the air flow.
So far i had cleaned it with high pressure air couple of times in 50k kms but this time it didn't work and the air flow through the vents wasn't enough.

Solutions or crazy ideas that struck me :

1. Remove the filters and run it in re-circulate mode....Tried it for 2 days.. AC was chiller but realized that dust will harm the cooling coil in the long run.
2. Safest bet was to et a new set of filters which will cost around Rs 800/-
2. Wash it with water. Since the material of filter is some sort of fabric, i thought it could work. Anyways i need to do something. either clean it somehow or get a new set.
Washed the filters in washing machine with luke warm water in gentle mode.
Voila...!! The filter is clean and AC is working fine now.

Condition of filter before cleaning..
Attachment 328428
Very useful post.

Could you also please elaborate on how to remove the filter from behind the glove box.

is it easy and straightforward like removing the air filter from engine compartment?
Old 13th April 2010, 14:36   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
Very useful post.

Could you also please elaborate on how to remove the filter from behind the glove box.

is it easy and straightforward like removing the air filter from engine compartment?
Here

Read post no:28
Old 13th April 2010, 14:40   #551
Senior - BHPian

Gagan
Its pretty simple. I'll post some pics later.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:25   #552
Senior - BHPian

55000 kms !

My Getz has reached the 55k mark. Little slower than expected, only 5k kms in last 3months.
Got a new set of tires at 52k kms. The 1st set of A drives lasted 52k kms.
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-speedo.jpg
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:36   #553
BHPian

Hi Guys, Its nice to know that your pocket rockets are giving you good FE's. My ride never gives me anything lower or higher than 11-12 kmpl in Mumbai city traffic, am ok with that because my 1.5 OHC with FFE gives with my kind of driving about 8 kmpl. However on the highway its usually around the 14-15 kmpl mark.

My rides done 35k kms so far in 2 years which is nowhere in comparison to what you guys have clocked. I plan to remap the ECU now, do you have any suggestions on either a remap or a box ? please mention your sets of +ves and -ves after the upgrade.

PS - I ride on Yokohama ES100 rubber - 205/60 R14.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:43   #554
Senior - BHPian

2 years and 60000 kms

The Korean missile has reached 60k kms in 2 years.
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-120720101092.jpg

Total Maintenance Cost
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-12.jpg

Fuel Cost summary
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-13.jpg
Old 13th July 2010, 17:58   #555
BHPian

Quote:
The Korean missile has reached 60k kms in 2 years.
That's too slow KP. The way you had started, I thought you would have crossed 100k by now.

Wishing you many more happy miles on your rocket! Drive safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks