Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 23:11   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! - 1,11,111 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Freedabad,

1. Is the Pete's for your Getz still connected? Any downsides observed from its extended usage?
2. Did you get the suspension work above done for preventive maintenance or something broke?
Mags,
1. Yup, the blue box is still connected. Done roughly 87k kms with it. Downside is that i can't drive without the box now.
2. Link rod assy was gone & strut replacement was more of a preventive maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Thanks for the advice kp. will check them soon. From next regular service i am planning to do it with outside garage since i can the parts are available in outside shops.
Keep me posted, if you get a good source for Getz parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Did your clutch finally give way, or did you change it anyways?
And did you look for after market struts, or decided to stick with OEM?
Did you have any prob with your steering? I have off-late started to feel a lot of vibrations on rough stretches, and also seem to lose steering fluid a bit - topping it up for now, have to check in the service.
Thanks Phoenix.

Clutch plate was fine, no slippage.
But, the clutch pedal had become really hard, pressure plate were the culprit.
OEM front struts + Monroes (rear) is the best combination for this car.
No steering issue so far in my car.
Is the steering leaking somewhere in your car ? Get it checked.
Old 20th February 2012, 23:15   #662
BHPian

Clutch-Pressure Plate

Is the clutch-pressure plate common to the Getz and the old verna CRDi. Also can someone help with the brand of the OEM clutch-pressure plate?
Old 6th April 2012, 15:46   #663
Senior - BHPian

My Boeing 5057 has reached the 105057 kms mark
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-imag0057.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 11:53   #664
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Long time no update from my side.

Car has crossed 112k kms on its 4th birthday.
Major service of timing chain replacement was done at 100k kms.
With that monster engine in the small bay, there's hardly any space to work, so, i was told, in case of Getz they have to remove the engine from chassis.
On further query, i was informed that same process would be applicable for clutch replacement in future as well.

At 100k kms, the clutch was hard but not slipping a wee bit.
I'm a very skeptical about giving the car to service station guys. Workmanship level at all service stations are pathetic and i don't trust them.
All these kms, i have got only oil/ filter/ brake pad changes done. All under my observation.
So, this service was a big one for me, which i had been delaying since 80k kms (Scheduled as per service booklet). There were no symptoms even at 100k.
Didn't want these fellas to do double handling, hence, asked them to replace the clutch along with timing chain.

Some parts which i asked them to change during the process
1. Engine mounts
2. AC pulley (some wobbling was observed)

None of the above were done, Engine mounts were perfectly fine (incredible!) and AC pulley wobbling was almost resolved after timing chain replacement.

Estimate of 35k was given and as usual service engineer didn't have a clue about the work. And, this guy is one of the most experienced employees at HMP. God can only save our cars.
I challenged the estimate with part nos and price which i knew about.

Sir ji, Verna main lagbagh itna hi lag jaata hai. Chinta mat karo. jo kaam hoga hum aapko fone karte rehenge.
With no other option i had to surrender.

Estimate time given for the work was 4 days and the car was given back after 9 days.
Reason being, manpower shortage and it took them 2 days to fix the AC back.

After a lot of haggling, delivery was promised on 9th day after 6pm.
I refused and reached on 10th day morning. Upon visual inspection, found a big scratch on the bumper.
These guys were towing the car without engine on jack all over the service station as per the available parking space. Must have bumped into something.

Argument, negotiation and finally they accepted their fault..

Finally the car was back on road. Super silent and silky smooth.

Day 2 after the service, blast on the expressway and i see smoke from the engine bay.
No loss of power no check lights.
I shut off the engine and get out to check. Open the hood, its all fumes, I go around and see the whole hatchback rear is covered with a film of oil.
My assumption was, drive shaft bushes were not fixed properly and causing oil leakage.
Called up HMP and the same service engineer casually tells me " Bring the car, we will see" Le aayi service station, hum dekh lenge".I got furious and fired him all ends. Immediately, escalated the issue to service head (GM). Mechanics were at my office within 2 hours.
They checked and found one diesel pipe was not fixed properly and it was leaking. Spray of diesel on the hot engine caused the fumes and in turn created a oil film on rear at high speed.

Outcome could have been worse!!

This is the quality of workmanship we get at Hyundai Motor Plaza after giving an estimate of 4 days and giving the car back after 9 days,
Wonder what will happen at private service stations.

Didn't think it would be worth wasting time and energy on escalating the issue further.
Car has been running perfectly ever since and once behind the wheel it makes me forget everything.

Have to live with a Stunning car with no proper service backup. !!

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-391179_10151935197580389_1798736486_n.jpg
kpzen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 12:01   #665
Senior - BHPian

My next service will have these work done. They said it will take 3 days and recommended clutch and timing chain to be replaced together. looking at your experience, I have to pray to God too. Can you post the copy of your final service bill?
Is the car ok now?
Old 7th August 2012, 12:31   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My next service will have these work done. They said it will take 3 days and recommended clutch and timing chain to be replaced together. looking at your experience, I have to pray to God too. Can you post the copy of your final service bill?
Is the car ok now?
If you don't observe any symptoms of timing chain wearing out, don't get it replaced. Just get the clutch replaced.
I have seen crdi's going strong at 125k kms without any issue. How much has your car done ?

My car is running perfectly except for small niggling issues with AC. They messed up something which took them 2 days to install it back. Would post the details in another post.

Will post the service cost and details in a couple of days. I'm not carrying it right now.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:58   #667
BHPian

What would be the symptoms of timing chain wearing out? I'm anyway nowhere close to 75k, since the car has not been used for the past year. Hope to get back to my Getz by October.
Old 8th August 2012, 12:07   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen

If you don't observe any symptoms of timing chain wearing out, don't get it replaced. Just get the clutch replaced.
I have seen crdi's going strong at 125k kms without any issue. How much has your car done ?

My car is running perfectly except for small niggling issues with AC. They messed up something which took them 2 days to install it back. Would post the details in another post.

Will post the service cost and details in a couple of days. I'm not carrying it right now.
Mine has done 76000 only. Clutch is okay for now.
Old 8th August 2012, 12:33   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
What would be the symptoms of timing chain wearing out? I'm anyway nowhere close to 75k, since the car has not been used for the past year. Hope to get back to my Getz by October.
Get it checked/serviced at Petes, if you are in Cochin.

Quote:
Mine has done 76000 only. Clutch is okay for now.
Keep going until some wear out symptoms pop up.
Old 17th October 2012, 14:07   #670
Senior - BHPian

Re: kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! - 1,11,111 kms

It has now crossed the 117k mark.
1. One tire unevenly worn out due to bad alignment.
2. Rust is popping at various locations. Its becoming a pain to manage them. Re-painting is not a fool proof solution.
3. Window beadings are totally disintegrated and Hyundai doesn't have it in stock since last one month.

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-kps_4384.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 23:15   #671
BHPian

2. Rust is popping at various locations. Its becoming a pain to manage them. Re-painting is not a fool proof solution.

Sorry to hear.. Rust issue is under the body or is it there all over.. Any others facing this issue??
BTW I got hold of a getz last month which is 38K driven So far so happy with the car but spares and service are problems.. Today went to Advaith Hyundai for engine oil change and found that brake caliper nut is broken and no stock.. Got a second hand one from Trident and changed now.. I didn't feel any change in drive after oil change, car was having mobil delvac 1 and changed with the same after 8k km.. seems like it could have easily done 10k

And by evening I locked key inside with engine on!!!
I was idling after reaching back home and had to call the road side assistance.
Turbo got cooled down to ice today 1 hour of idling!
Old 21st October 2012, 13:22   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libis22 View Post
Sorry to hear.. Rust issue is under the body or is it there all over.. Any others facing this issue??
BTW I got hold of a getz last month which is 38K driven So far so happy with the car but spares and service are problems.. Today went to Advaith Hyundai for engine oil change and found that brake caliper nut is broken and no stock.. Got a second hand one from Trident and changed now.. I didn't feel any change in drive after oil change, car was having mobil delvac 1 and changed with the same after 8k km.. seems like it could have easily done 10k

And by evening I locked key inside with engine on!!!
I was idling after reaching back home and had to call the road side assistance.
Turbo got cooled down to ice today 1 hour of idling!
Funny mistake !! But anyway this cooling down procedure is a pain though it's good for the turbo. Most people don't understand why we aren't getting out of the car and sitting there with the engine still on.

My getz is reaching it's 4th year. The spares availability has become an issue. Don't know how long will Hyundai provide them. Recently I had to change my drive shaft damaged by the alarm speaker ( that strong black plastic thing ) which unbolted by itself and fell into the area. The rubber boot was damaged exposing the inner side to dust and sand. By the time it was identified, the damage had already been done.
RESULT : Rs. 22 K gone from my account to the other side.

Last edited by Vdrive : 21st October 2012 at 13:25.
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:33   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
It has now crossed the 117k mark.
3. Window beadings are totally disintegrated and Hyundai doesn't have it in stock since last one month.

Attachment 1001611
Hi All,

Even i am facing a problem of rust popping up on the doors on the right hand side of my Getz CRDI with 50K on the ODO.

KP, could you please throw some light on how you have been managing these rust spots till now. Have you got them re-painted. Does that work???
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:48   #674
BHPian

My getz's drive shaft rubber boot is torn and its leaking grease. SA from Trident told that boot is not available separately but comes along with the drive shaft itself.. and tried to console me telling, "You can use it sir, its not a prob"
I went to Advaith and they told me to check with them for availability of the part on Monday.. Where as SA from the a dealer in Kerala told that boot is available with the locks and grease as a separate part.
Its really becoming a pain now.. People don't know whether parts are available and not even bothered to check it .. If I don't replace it now, I will have to replace drive shaft later :(
Anybody replaced this part before?
Can anyone recommend me SA from Advaith Bannergetta road or any service station in and around BTM/JP Nagar?
Old 29th December 2012, 13:14   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libis22 View Post
My getz's drive shaft rubber boot is torn and its leaking grease. SA from Trident told that boot is not available separately but comes along with the drive shaft itself.. and tried to console me telling, "You can use it sir, its not a prob"
I went to Advaith and they told me to check with them for availability of the part on Monday.. Where as SA from the a dealer in Kerala told that boot is available with the locks and grease as a separate part.
Its really becoming a pain now.. People don't know whether parts are available and not even bothered to check it .. If I don't replace it now, I will have to replace drive shaft later :(
Anybody replaced this part before?
Can anyone recommend me SA from Advaith Bannergetta road or any service station in and around BTM/JP Nagar?
Hi Libis,

If I am not wrong, the Advaith Hyundai just behind Mandovi Motors in JP Nagar is the same Bannerghatta branch you are talking about. If it is the same, you can approach Mr. Nagaraj there who is the Service Manager there. I had my Getz serviced under him when he was a SA in Mission Road branch. Nice person and does not advice any additional additives unless very much necessary. He should be able to solve your problem. I shall PM you his mobile number.

Cheers and good luck with the Getz. I sold mine recently and it served a wonderful part of my life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks