Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 00:13   #646
BHPian

re: kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! - 1,11,111 kms

Hey guys a quick question, was having a lot of issues with my clutch, it kept on getting very spongy. Reason was that my break/clutch fluid was leaking so it kept on getting drained, so used to fill it every 100 Kms, n everything used to be fine, Finally managed to get some time off n take the car, after a through check the they discovered a leak in the regulator which controls the flow of fluid to the break n clutch, which needs to be replaced, have anyone had this issue before .?? the are quoting 6K for the part.
Ravenblood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 15:46   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quick update :
Getzie has crossed the 1lac mark now.
Major service @ 100k kms done. Total bill - whopping 25k
No reliability issue so far. <Touchwood>.
Hyundai parts are freaking expensive. Heading towards Skoda zone?

Suspension/ Clutch / Timing chain have lasted for 100k kms.

Detailed report in a few days.

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-100001-large.jpg
kpzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 15:53   #648
Senior - BHPian

Woah kpzen that is some Milestone dude! Congrats on the same

I own a Petrol Getzy myself and can assure you that its pretty cheap on maintenance. But going by your words, I have an un-easy feeling of how long this will last!!
Old 8th February 2012, 15:59   #649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Quick update :
Congratulations Kp! The Getz CRDi is one of my favourite Turbo diesel cars.

Your experience reconfirms team-bhpian Jaggu's observation that Hyundai cars are expensive to maintain in the long run?

Could you please provide a breakup of the amount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I own a Petrol Getzy myself and can assure you that its pretty cheap on maintenance. But going by your words, I have an un-easy feeling of how long this will last!!
My elder brother owns a petrol Getz since 2006 and it has done about 80000 odd kms. He cries each time the car goes into the service station.
Old 8th February 2012, 16:51   #650
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations KP on reaching the 100K milestone (guess its time to start a separate thread on the 100K club) & wishing you many more happy (s)miles with your Getzy. I can imagine how you would have felt looking at the magic 6 digit figure on the odo.

As Moralfibre has mentioned above please share with us the break-up of the 25K (labor & material cost). It is no doubt on the higher side, but then we love our cars so much that we don't mind spending that moolah. I am assuming here that you got her serviced from HASS. These guys have started overcharging off late. Why haven't you tried an independent & reliable garage. I have stopped visiting the Authorized ASCs long time back, when my car was out of warranty period. That way we can keep the maintenance costs very low. You would be surprised to know that I spent a little over 6K for my Indica's 100K service, which I got done from an independent garage. Had it been a TASC, it would have definitely crossed Rs 10K. Just in case if someone is interested you can find my 100K service details (labor & material cost) in my ownership thread here (msg # 74) --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-beyond-5.html
Old 8th February 2012, 17:12   #651
Senior - BHPian

Stop complaining kp! Aint she making you grin everytime you overtake other 1.1wala sedans?

Nice pic too.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:19   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Congratulations Kp! The Getz CRDi is one of my favourite Turbo diesel cars.

Your experience reconfirms team-bhpian Jaggu's observation that Hyundai cars are expensive to maintain in the long run?

Could you please provide a breakup of the amount?
Thanks MF,

The car is very reliable, mechanical parts like clutch/ suspension have lasted 100k kms but when replacement is required, the parts are very costly and labour cost is insane.
Paid close to 5k for labour and tax.

Bill is at home, will post the break up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah kpzen that is some Milestone dude! Congrats on the same

Thanks Vik.
Good luck..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations KP on reaching the 100K milestone (guess its time to start a separate thread on the 100K club) & wishing you many more happy (s)miles with your Getzy. I can imagine how you would have felt looking at the magic 6 digit figure on the odo.

As Moralfibre has mentioned above please share with us the break-up of the 25K (labor & material cost). It is no doubt on the higher side, but then we love our cars so much that we don't mind spending that moolah. I am assuming here that you got her serviced from HASS. These guys have started overcharging off late. Why haven't you tried an independent & reliable garage. I have stopped visiting the Authorized ASCs long time back, when my car was out of warranty period. That way we can keep the maintenance costs very low. You would be surprised to know that I spent a little over 6K for my Indica's 100K service, which I got done from an independent garage. Had it been a TASC, it would have definitely crossed Rs 10K. Just in case if someone is interested you can find my 100K service details (labor & material cost) in my ownership thread here (msg # 74) --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-beyond-5.html
Thanks. You are spot on.
But, when you have a rare specie like Getz crdi, sourcing the parts become tough and then you need really skilled labour to do the job which is hard to find these days.
For eg. Replacing fuel filter on this car needs a special extended tool else there's every chance of screwing up something else.

Also, the engine bay is really cramped with that monster engine. For replacement of clutch / timing chain, HASS have to remove the engine.

Last edited by kpzen : 8th February 2012 at 17:21.
Old 9th February 2012, 11:51   #653
Senior - BHPian

Congrats kp and stop cribbing about the service bill man. I quite don't know of any other getz in this country which has done so many highway runs like yours.

4 days extended leave and you drive to Bangalore all the way from Delhi, just to go see Nandi Hills , lol. Anything on the cards for an upgrade or you plan to retain the Korean work horse?
Old 10th February 2012, 12:24   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Stop complaining kp! Aint she making you grin everytime you overtake other 1.1wala sedans?

Nice pic too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Congrats kp and stop cribbing about the service bill man. I quite don't know of any other getz in this country which has done so many highway runs like yours.

4 days extended leave and you drive to Bangalore all the way from Delhi, just to go see Nandi Hills , lol. Anything on the cards for an upgrade or you plan to retain the Korean work horse?
Thanks JK/ RJ,

I ain't complaining about the reliability of the car. Its been FANTASTIC.

Apart from the daily blast on expressway, it has
Done a cross country run, (to see nandi hills lol)
couple of runs to mumbai for work,
got stuck in jaisalmer desert,
conquered and drifted on the mighty RANN,
several runs to the himalayas of Himachal.

And, still runs like a dream and keeps shocking ppl with cars costing almost 3 times more.

BRILLIANT car.. Wonder why Hyundai didn't try to sell this !!!!
Right now, can't think of one car that could be a replacement for this Korean missile.

Break up of 100k kms service bill. ( Done in 2 installments ) 1st the suspension/ link rod assy was done. then, Timing chain/ clutch replacement was done
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-100k-service.jpg

Last edited by kpzen : 10th February 2012 at 12:26.
Old 10th February 2012, 12:34   #655
Senior - BHPian

SO what does the cost per KM stand at now?
Old 10th February 2012, 19:15   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update :
No reliability issue so far. <Touchwood>.
Hyundai parts are freaking expensive. Heading towards Skoda zone?

Suspension/ Clutch / Timing chain have lasted for 100k kms.

Detailed report in a few days.

Attachment 884588

Hi Prajesh,

Congrats on the coveted figure.. The only problem / pain is the cost of the Hyundai service now a days. Its total rip off.

Its very true. To replace the fuel filter, it takes time & patience , and which cannot be done easily by a outside garage.

I too own a Getz CRDI which was one of the last ones sold in BAngalore which has run about 42k. Your thread was one the main reason for my buying this EOL product and am enjoying every meter of my ride.

Congrats once again.

Kaushal.
Old 11th February 2012, 10:23   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
SO what does the cost per KM stand at now?
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-rs-p-km.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi Prajesh,

Congrats on the coveted figure.. The only problem / pain is the cost of the Hyundai service now a days. Its total rip off.

Its very true. To replace the fuel filter, it takes time & patience , and which cannot be done easily by a outside garage.

I too own a Getz CRDI which was one of the last ones sold in BAngalore which has run about 42k. Your thread was one the main reason for my buying this EOL product and am enjoying every meter of my ride.

Congrats once again.

Kaushal.
Thanks Kaushal,

Its a rare specie. Have fun.

Note to all GETZ CRDi owners :
After 60k kms keep checking for any traces of engine oil in coolant.
Heard 4 such cases (including my other Getz).
And, in 3 cases, Oil cooler was the culprit, which will cost around 12k.
If not detected in time, the engine head will be gone.

Last edited by kpzen : 11th February 2012 at 10:24.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 10:47   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Freedabad,

1. Is the Pete's for your Getz still connected? Any downsides observed from its extended usage?
2. Did you get the suspension work above done for preventive maintenance or something broke?
Old 11th February 2012, 18:45   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Note to all GETZ CRDi owners :
After 60k kms keep checking for any traces of engine oil in coolant.
Heard 4 such cases (including my other Getz).
And, in 3 cases, Oil cooler was the culprit, which will cost around 12k.
If not detected in time, the engine head will be gone.
Thanks for the advice kp. will check them soon. From next regular service i am planning to do it with outside garage since i can the parts are available in outside shops.
Old 11th February 2012, 20:53   #660
Senior - BHPian

@Prajesh - congrats on the 6 digits!!! Am still at 58k, following you at a distance (that only seems increasing!). Did your clutch finally give way, or did you change it anyways? And did you look for after market struts, or decided to stick with OEM? I'll keep an eye open foe traces of Engine oil in the coolant now on, thanks for the heads-up. Did you have any prob with your steering? I have off-late started to feel a lot of vibrations on rough stretches, and also seem to lose steering fluid a bit - topping it up for now, have to check in the service.

I can vouch for Getz Parts being hiked recently. About a year and a half ago, I had to replace the mirror of my right ORVM - came to less than 200 bucks. About a month ago, it was a freakin' 450+ bucks for the same damn mirror.

Am sure Hyundai has jacked up the costs for all spares - Getz / Verna CRDi owners, beware!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks