Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2010, 10:14   #1186
Senior - BHPian

You said waiting period for Activa is 4 to 5 months and as of now this is the one which scoring high comparing to others in the segment. BY this time the wego also will be out (you said wego expected to come by end of june which is just one month away from now) so presume worth waiting (unless you need one urgently).

In anycase stay away from Flyte- as you said GC as well as FE is very poor (I have been using this scooter for last 27months and I never got mileage more than 30/ 32kmpl. Yes there was petrol tank leak but same was replaced free of cost by the dealer -as per the instructions from Mahindra).
Old 29th May 2010, 12:32   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
You said waiting period for Activa is 4 to 5 months and as of now this is the one which scoring high comparing to others in the segment. BY this time the wego also will be out (you said wego expected to come by end of june which is just one month away from now) so presume worth waiting (unless you need one urgently).

In anycase stay away from Flyte- as you said GC as well as FE is very poor (I have been using this scooter for last 27months and I never got mileage more than 30/ 32kmpl. Yes there was petrol tank leak but same was replaced free of cost by the dealer -as per the instructions from Mahindra).
Thanks for the frank feedback on the Flyte. Regarding the Wego, I read a review that said its F.E. is comparable to the Rodeo, which is quite less compared to the Activa:

CITY COMBATANTS - TVS Wego against the Honda Activa and the Mahindra Rodeo

This factor, coupled with a probable waiting period for the Wego is pulling me to the Access, which has only a 2-week waiting period. The only -ve I see in it is the plain Jane looks. But even the Activa has such looks.
Old 29th May 2010, 17:11   #1188
Senior - BHPian

you can see more activa's on the road than any other make which means more and more people prefer Honda vehicle - eventually it seems the company not able to meet the customer demand resulting lengthy waiting?

(sometime people go after a 'name' -everybody is buying one particular brand then why not me also. !)

Mahindra vehicles can be available without any waiting which means not much takers of this scooter? (imo-those who own a flyte may not consider or recommend any one to look into these brand vehicles).

If you are in a hurry try Access which is also a good scooter according to reports.
So its all about your urgency - either wait and see wega then book activa or wega or straight away go for Access?
Old 29th May 2010, 22:16   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Need inputs on Aviator

Thanks @nairrk. I cannot wait for more than 2 to 3 weeks, so Activa is out of my list.

My son told me to check out the Honda Aviator---2 of his pals's have it for more than a year and are getting around 40 kmpl FE. It seems the sitting position is higher than the Access and the handle is also wider.

Both my kids are tall (5'10" and 5'8"), so I wanted to give the Aviator a shot. I walked down to the Honda showroom and they said the waiting period is only 2 to 3 weeks for the Aviator ( They do have an orange one in stock which they can deliver immediately.) It costs Rs 500 more than the Access with full accessories and registration. I also found that the Aviator looks more contemporary than the Access. However, the TD will be only tomorrow.

I would appreciate inputs from Aviator owners on the pros and cons, especially in comparision to the Access 125. Should I watch out for anything if I decide on the Aviator? How many free services do we get (the Access gives an un-matched 8 free services over 2 years).

Thanks.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:00   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Bump, bump----any responses to the above query?
Old 30th May 2010, 13:10   #1191
BHPian

Honda gave me 3 free services for my Dio. When I drove Aviator the first time, it was like driving a elephant (ok, I am exaggerating) as compared to my Dio. I have even tried the Access but Aviator was more stable. Access being a 125cc has a better pickup than the Aviator. Even, my Dio has a better pickup/top speed than the Aviator.

I say, if you want performance, go for a Access. If you need Honda reliability and higher seating, go for the aviator.

P.S : I hate the chrome on the Aviator, looks yuck IMHO!
Old 30th May 2010, 20:21   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Honda gave me 3 free services for my Dio. When I drove Aviator the first time, it was like driving a elephant (ok, I am exaggerating) as compared to my Dio. I have even tried the Access but Aviator was more stable. Access being a 125cc has a better pickup than the Aviator. Even, my Dio has a better pickup/top speed than the Aviator.

I say, if you want performance, go for a Access. If you need Honda reliability and higher seating, go for the aviator.

P.S : I hate the chrome on the Aviator, looks yuck IMHO!
Thanks. In the meanwhile, i did take a TD of the Aviator. Though the model looks better suited for the younger generation, the pickup was not as much as the Access--in fact I was disappointed. I did like the driving position though, but it is not that much different from the Access.
I took a TD of the Access soon after and found that the pickup was far better. I did drive till 55 kmph and slammed both brakes, and the braking was not as bad as I'd expected. Comparatively, the Aviator had better brakes, but the model I'd TD'd was the one with disc brakes.

Coming to the cost front, the disc brake Aviator is 58 K on road, while the drum-brake one is around 54 K. Both are costlier than the Access which is 53 K on road. I've left the choice to my kids and my daughter likes the Access more. So I guess I'll zero in on that this week.

Last edited by vnabhi : 30th May 2010 at 20:24.
Old 31st May 2010, 08:16   #1193
BHPian

Finally booked the Purple Honda Activa Dlx at Planet Honda on Dr Raj Kumar rd yesterday. Waiting period is 60 days.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:38   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Coming to the cost front, the disc brake Aviator is 58 K on road, while the drum-brake one is around 54 K. Both are costlier than the Access which is 53 K on road. I've left the choice to my kids and my daughter likes the Access more. So I guess I'll zero in on that this week.
+
you have seen all the three models and took TD.
As you correctly said, now leave the decision to your daughter/son because they are the one going to live with it most of the time?

All the best!
Old 31st May 2010, 10:13   #1195
Senior - BHPian

@vnabhi,

IMHO the Access is far better than Aviator/Activa based on pickup, suspensions, mileage etc. the only -ve was the cost & the manageable braking when I had TD the three scooters. I was more inclined to Access but wifey was for Activa throught out the process. Finally had to give in to the Activa since wife was more comfortable with the name/brand.
Its best for the persons going to use the vehicle to decide which suits him/her. The Activa is now used by both me & wife and are kind of getting used to it, the performance still under observations & can be commented after 2nd servicing.
One question though to the Activa owners, I was advised by the dealer service guys to go in for the Extended warranty of 3 yrs costing 649/- along with one year AMC for 540/-. Is it worth going for the same? The AMC would mean no cost of consumables too for a year.
Old 31st May 2010, 10:28   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
you have seen all the three models and took TD.
As you correctly said, now leave the decision to your daughter/son because they are the one going to live with it most of the time?

All the best!
Thanks. Much appreciate the inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@vnabhi,

IMHO the Access is far better than Aviator/Activa based on pickup, suspensions, mileage etc. the only -ve was the cost & the manageable braking when I had TD the three scooters.
Thanks for your frank feedback. However, how do you say the cost was -ve? Perhaps becuase it is slightly more expensive than the Activa?

Happy riding, btw
Old 31st May 2010, 10:50   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for your frank feedback. However, how do you say the cost was -ve? Perhaps becuase it is slightly more expensive than the Activa?
You are right, the cost of Access in Thane is more costly than Activa and Aviator. There was a price diff of 3500 however the vehicle was available in 15-20 days as compared to Activa's 90 days. But I managed to get the Activa in 25 days after writing to Honda guys and regularly following up with the dealer (the dealer was new).
Old 31st May 2010, 10:56   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Is it ok for regular conditions, stop go traffic? And will be comfortable for a short person, 5"3. Apart from brakes, what else can be pointed out as cons?

It is good for stop go traffic. My wife herself is short. But she rides it beautifully and she is confident riding it. So I don't think a 5"3 person will have problems with it.

Apart from braking, the ride is a bit uncomfortable over small potholes and uneven surfaces. But nothing major to complain. (I may be comparing the ride with my Pulsar. )

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 31st May 2010 at 10:58.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:12   #1199
BHPian

Guys,

have a look at Wego,its worth a look,just took the test ride of this scooter,its by far superior when it comes to handling,breaking and the comfort.
Old 31st May 2010, 18:05   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Finally booked the Purple Honda Activa Dlx at Planet Honda on Dr Raj Kumar rd yesterday. Waiting period is 60 days.

dont understand how come it takes them so long for delivery
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks