Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 10:51   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Spartan is launching a slew of products in the coming months such as touring jackets, helmets, etc.

My jacket is due for a replacement and I'm waiting for them to launch the new variant in their range of jackets. I may also replace my SparX helmet with one of their offerings.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st July 2014 at 10:54.
Old 1st July 2014, 13:45   #1682
MCR
BHPian

MotoSport.com now ships Bike gear to India from the US.

http://www.motosport.com/IN/motorcycle/gloves

May be worth buying considering the awesome prices on some stuff.
Old 2nd July 2014, 07:31   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, my search for that elusive riding jacket ended with an "AGV Sport Laguna Textile Jacket" when I stumbled upon an irresistible deal online

This jacket normally sells for $224 but, was available for a mouth watering price of $106 inclusive of free shipping which translated to INR 6,500
Yipeee. My jacket has arrived last week in Boston

Iam going to personally pick it up week after next !!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img20140621wa067_edit001.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img20140621wa068_edit001.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img20140621wa065_edit1001.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2014, 13:13   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
Can you please share the which, where , how much of the knee and elbow guards ?
Been wondering what to buy in the sea options available on the web.
Akhil - since you are in Bangalore - you should simply walk into the Dainese showroom @ Orion mall for these.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:12   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
MotoSport.com now ships Bike gear to India from the US.

http://www.motosport.com/IN/motorcycle/gloves

May be worth buying considering the awesome prices on some stuff.
Guess this has been available for some time. And the shipping costs are still high
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:24   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Yipeee. My jacket has arrived last week in Boston

Iam going to personally pick it up week after next !!!
Now isn't that a coincidence. Ordered the Laguna leather jacket in may and got it after a month, courtesy India post. Paid $129 plus $40 shipping. Customs duty was 2k rupees (don't know why and how they calculate)

All in all, it's a great jacket although in the Bombay humidity, it just kills you after about twenty minutes of wearing it

Here's a selfie along with my LS2 helmet. Look a bit like a poweranger, as per the better half.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-1404302008054.jpg  

djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:30   #1687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Now isn't that a coincidence. Ordered the Laguna leather jacket in may and got it after a month, courtesy India post. Paid $129 plus $40 shipping. Customs duty was 2k rupees (don't know why and how they calculate)
Where did you order it from? Is that a L or XXL? Indeed thats a coincidence for sure

But, iam surprised that you living in Mumbai have ordered a leather jacket as i have one and I cannot survive on it for more than a few minutes. Its simply not for our weather ( maybe ride for a few weeks in peak winter)
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:43   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you order it from? Is that a L or XXL? Indeed thats a coincidence for sure

But, iam surprised that you living in Mumbai have ordered a leather jacket as i have one and I cannot survive on it for more than a few minutes. Its simply not for our weather ( maybe ride for a few weeks in peak winter)
That's a 3xl (us 52) and it just about zips up. Go for a bigger size if you as these jackets for really tight around the waist.

It was on a closeout on MotorcycleGear.com.

Last edited by djpeesh : 2nd July 2014 at 19:50.
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:56   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
That's a 3xl (us 52) and it just about zips up. Go for a bigger size if you as these jackets for really tight around the waist.
Yikes, As you can see I have already ordered and got delivery of a 2XL and Iam hoping the textile version is bit more accomodating after removing all the liners etc.

Keeping fingers crossed
Old 2nd July 2014, 20:14   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Yikes, As you can see I have already ordered and got delivery of a 2XL and Iam hoping the textile version is bit more accomodating after removing all the liners etc.

Keeping fingers crossed
Should be fine. The textile should be more stretchy. And you should be fine. I'm much bigger than you and I have a 3XL so don't worry.

You absolutely cannot ride with the liners in India, since you'd probably have a heatstroke. 😃

Enjoy the jacket. Get the rest of your gear in the US if you're going to be there. Much much cheaper and the quality is way better.
Old 3rd July 2014, 00:48   #1691
BHPian

Wanted to check if i can get armour inserts for my jacket somewhere in and around bangalore ? Need mainly the shoulder and elbow ones
Old 4th July 2014, 16:26   #1692

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Pants alone will occupy a normal size back pack fully with all the armor in place. I doubt you can fit the jacket in a backpack unless you remove the armor. If you are removing the armor from both the pants and jacket, you might be able to fit one on each side of a cramster colt saddle bag and have space for spare clothing. I highly doubt you can fit it into the boot of access/activa and have any usable space left. If anything it would be a very tight fit.

No idea about the SPG boots as there was not any even on display at the Bangalore store where i bought the gear. There was Tourmaster available on display and also with a discount of 3k on them. So went for it and am very happy with them so far with around 1200 kms of use.

Happy to help bro!
Damn! So after you reach wherever you are travelling to, what do you do with the jacket, helmet and pants? The helmet can be locked to the bike, but if even in a large backpack, the jacket and pants won't fit, what is the best solution to this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Spartan is launching a slew of products in the coming months such as touring jackets, helmets, etc.

My jacket is due for a replacement and I'm waiting for them to launch the new variant in their range of jackets. I may also replace my SparX helmet with one of their offerings.
Any timeframe on when these will be launched? Should I get the Hyperion/etc or wait for their new range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Wanted to check if i can get armour inserts for my jacket somewhere in and around bangalore ? Need mainly the shoulder and elbow ones
Try Let's Gear Up! Their FB page seems to show that they have SAS-Tech and other armour available. There is also a biking shop on Church Street but I am not sure if they have armour.
Old 4th July 2014, 16:55   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter-<3-Cars View Post
Try Let's Gear Up! Their FB page seems to show that they have SAS-Tech and other armour available. There is also a biking shop on Church Street but I am not sure if they have armour.
Dainese has awesome stuff (expensive though) I'd choose Dainese over any other products for its sheer quality.
Old 7th July 2014, 15:33   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter-<3-Cars View Post
Any timeframe on when these will be launched? Should I get the Hyperion/etc or wait for their new range?
No exact details on that since currently the new range is under testing. It could take a couple of months for them to hit the shelves.
Old 7th July 2014, 20:41   #1695
BHPian

SOL Helmet

Bought this SOL helmet from a friend who bought it and was leaving abroad for couple of years, He never got a chance to use it. Paid 4200 appx and took it from him. Dont have direct pics of the helmet, but here are few pics from the rides. Its the one with LED lights at the back, boon for night time riding.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img20140608wa0032.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20140621_092552.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20140621_100651.jpg  

Last edited by yogisays0909 : 7th July 2014 at 20:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks