Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 22:29   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Sure, but its worth a try. What do you stand to loose by doing this? When I took a TD of the GT, it felt quicker than my T Jet. I attribute this only to the gearbox, not the engine. In the real world, its probably about as quick if not quicker. Taking a TD of the Etios will atleast tell you where things stand based on the response of the engine in each gear. You will be calling it close as there is a difference of just 15bhp between the two cars and the Etios/Liva Sportivo are lighter cars than the GT.
I don't understand your point, to be honest. What do you gain by doing it? If you're just trying to compare two cars, sure, it might be fun, but in this context it doesn't confirm anything, it's just seat-of-the-pants stuff.

What I am looking for is a concrete confirmation of the engine's power output, not a comparison vs a car with an entirely dissimilar drivetrain.
Old 30th May 2013, 23:39   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post

Prithwi is right, the service centres use VAS which is not at all intuitive. The report I had posted is using my own RossTech VCDS cable. Its an automated process and hardly takes 5 mins. I can cross check any Bangalore cars out there if anybody wants to do that. I even activated a few simple features with it.
What do you mean by activating few simple features? Could you elaborate?
Old 30th May 2013, 23:45   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
As of now I have activated "tear wipe" option of the wipers.
Increased the volume of the rear parking sensors.
Flashing of turn signals on emergency braking.
Opening of only the driver side door on single press of the unlock button. Pressing it twice unlocks all four doors.

There are many more such options available. But I need to look into it in detail.

Check the following link for further details.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...gti-60641.html

Last edited by robimahanta : 30th May 2013 at 23:48.
robimahanta is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 23:48   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
As of now I have activated "tear wipe" option of the wipers.
Increased the volume of the rear parking sensors.
Flashing of turn signals on emergency braking.
Opening of only the driver side door on single press of the unlock button. Pressing it twice unlocks all four doors.

There are many more such options available. But I need to look into it in detail. A lot of people in Europe have even changed the level of steering assist to make the steering a bit heavy, change the feel of the brake pedal etc.
How much does this cable kit cost and how feasible is it to do these mods considering safety and warranty?
Old 31st May 2013, 09:23   #785
BHPian

Would love to see similar reactions from our fellow mumbai(june 1/2) tbhp members

Rajesh Rawal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 11:20   #786
BHPian

What would be the ideal tyre upgrade. I don't really like the stock Apollo and looking for either Michelin or Pirelli.
Old 31st May 2013, 15:00   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
What would be the ideal tyre upgrade. I don't really like the stock Apollo and looking for either Michelin or Pirelli.
The Polo GT comes with 185/60 r15 but neither michellin nor pirelli have that size. So the only other way is to upsize to 205/55 r15 which is the closest in dimensions to the stock (0.65% difference) or the 195/60 r15 (2 % difference in diameter).

Michelin has primacy LC and pirelli p6 are available at 195/60. But i think there is no michelin or pirelli rubber available in 205/55 section and only yoko is available. Anyone with more idea about tyres can add on. Also, which is the best available tyre in India in the stock 185/60 r15 size?
Old 31st May 2013, 15:32   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Mod : I have started a new thread under the technical section for discussion on engine power rating confusion.

Request all to discuss that issue in that thread instead of here. Thanks for your co-operation

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3136760
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 19:03   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
What I take from this is that your dealer has registered your car as a regular Polo petrol maybe which may entitle it to lower taxes. So he has just paid the tax as a regular Polo petrol the ex-showroom price is much lower and pocketed the rest of the money he has taken from you. Quite a scam if this is what he's doing.
Hi thumpingheart,
I did check the receipts for Registration and life time tax, they all tally with Polo GT Ex-Showroom. I followed up with the dealer yesterday and they have passed on all the blame to Local RTO and their agent for not verifying it. It seems to be the same case with other GT owners in my town. I have asked my dealer to make the 5 corrections I wanted including body type (which was entered as sedan). I am sure there is no scam by the dealer here, just loads of incompetence and complacency of all parties involved, including me.

Can other owners state any difficulties they have faced with respect to GT registration.
Thanks and cheers,
D.
Old 31st May 2013, 19:19   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
The Polo GT comes with 185/60 r15 but neither michellin nor pirelli have that size.
Pirelli Cinturato P6 185/60R15 84H. This is an exact match. Even the loading factor is identical to the Apollo's. If anyone finds these please let me know. I am looking for a set as well. I believe they are sold in India.
Old 31st May 2013, 19:29   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post

Hi thumpingheart,
I did check the receipts for Registration and life time tax, they all tally with Polo GT Ex-Showroom. I followed up with the dealer yesterday and they have passed on all the blame to Local RTO and their agent for not verifying it. It seems to be the same case with other GT owners in my town. I have asked my dealer to make the 5 corrections I wanted including body type (which was entered as sedan). I am sure there is no scam by the dealer here, just loads of incompetence and complacency of all parties involved, including me.

Can other owners state any difficulties they have faced with respect to GT registration.
Thanks and cheers,
D.
My dealer also made similar mistakes. At the time of registration they had mentioned the car to be 3 cylinder, which I luckily noticed and got it corrected there itself.
Old 31st May 2013, 22:11   #792
BHPian

For the other TBHPians who have booked the GT what has been quoted as the waiting period?. I have been given a minimum of 4-6 weeks in Chennai. The SA said that there have been totally 24 bookings and I'm in the top 15. Frustrated with myself that I did not do the booking the moment I was happy with the TD. I was waiting to take a look at Ford ecosport.
Old 31st May 2013, 22:26   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
The Polo GT comes with 185/60 r15 but neither michellin nor pirelli have that size. So the only other way is to upsize to 205/55 r15 which is the closest in dimensions to the stock (0.65% difference) or the 195/60 r15 (2 % difference in diameter).

Michelin has primacy LC and pirelli p6 are available at 195/60. But i think there is no michelin or pirelli rubber available in 205/55 section and only yoko is available. Anyone with more idea about tyres can add on. Also, which is the best available tyre in India in the stock 185/60 r15 size?
A lot of people are asking, so here's my two bits. The ideal upgrade size to a 185/60-15 is a 215/40-17. This is quite low profile and most likely not available locally. Your next best options are a 205/55-15 or a 195/50-16. Failing that these sizes are your next best bet - 215/45-16, 225/45-16, 195/45-17 and 215/35-18.

I cannot vouch for which sizes will fit the Indian Polo GTs but these are the best sizes to upgrade to in order to maintain your overall diameter as closely as possible. More than the size of the tyre, the compound of the rubber is more important if you are looking for better handling, grip, braking, etc. Sadly decent performance tyres are very hard to find here these days and almost all the locally available tyres are rubbish from a performance perspective. They are mostly comfort, longevity and low resistance / noise biased.

I wish I could find a decent performance tyre in any of the above mentioned sizes, tbh, the most practical being the 205/55-15 since that doesn't require new rims, but ideally would require a slightly wider rim that the stock 6" VW rim. It will work with the stock rims though, so if anyone finds good tyres in that size, please be sure to share the info with the rest of us!

@ thiagust look on the bright side, at least you didn't sell your other car once you were told your new car would be with you in 48 hours!!!
Old 1st June 2013, 00:23   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
A lot of people are asking, so here's my two bits. The ideal upgrade size to a 185/60-15 is a 215/40-17. This is quite low profile and most likely not available locally. Your next best options are a 205/55-15 or a 195/50-16. Failing that these sizes are your next best bet - 215/45-16, 225/45-16, 195/45-17 and 215/35-18.

I feel the correct upsizes are 195/55 R15, 215/45 R16, 215/40 R17 (these are OEM UK Polo tyre specs and all within 2% diameter variance)

Other options include 205/55 R15 and 205/50 R16 (also within the 2% diameter variance)

Finding decent tyres in these specifications is a challenge. Yokohama has S-Drive and AR1 drives in 205/50 R16 but both are unidirectional and noisy. Apollo Acelere MAXX is asymmetrical and also available, I have heard that its much better than the plain jane stock Acelere's.
robimahanta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 00:51   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel the correct upsizes are 195/55 R15, 215/45 R16, 215/40 R17 (these are OEM UK Polo tyre specs and all within 2% diameter variance)

Other options include 205/55 R15 and 205/50 R16 (also within the 2% diameter variance)

Finding decent tyres in these specifications is a challenge. Yokohama has S-Drive and AR1 drives in 205/50 R16 but both are unidirectional and noisy. Apollo Acelere MAXX is asymmetrical and also available, I have heard that its much better than the plain jane stock Acelere's.
The sizes I've mentioned are the correct upgrade sizes in that order (well under 1% difference in the first few). Different models of Polo may come with rims that have different offsets, different suspension heights, etc so you can't just pick and choose that way. Either way none of these sizes is easily available in a tyre with a decent performance biased compound. I would not pay for Indian tyres, personally. I learnt the hard way that they're rubbish many years ago and ever since then I've always bought good tyres for my cars. Now it's a real challenge finding them, though.

Yokohama S drives are about as low as I would go. Do they have them in a 205/55-15 or a 195/50-16? How much are they quoting for the sizes that are available for S drives?

P.S. S drives are better tyres than A drives. I wouldn't buy A drives. By any chance can Yokohama get a set of Advans in any of these sizes?

Last edited by kbk_75 : 1st June 2013 at 01:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks