Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 23:57   #841
BHPian
 
bhansali_hardik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 157
Thanked: 296 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
Nexa did not even ask me once why am I cancelling the booking. I had booked Granite Grey Delta, and was fine with any other colour or Xeta variant. However, I was told that original choice has best chances of early delivery, any change in color/model will be considered new booking

Interestingly, the dealer asked me to submit a photocopy of my credit card to process the refund cheque. I asked why can't be it sent electronically? their reply was - this is Maruti standard process. I was unwilling to give my CC photocopy with all details, so wrote them a letter with just CC number (which itself must be masked, but had no choice).

What is interesting is that the traditional Maruti dealer from whom I got my Ciaz was better behaved and more responsive. IMO, they should swap the branding.
No ways! You shouldn't have done that! You could provide them a cancelled check/scanned copy of it or of the passbook which has your name and ifsc code and an address proof along. That should be it! That's how I have dealt with my so called award winning dealership - kalyani Nexa added to it they are more responsive and eager to cancel my booking rather than convincing me not to. On the other hand brezza's deal was smooth sorted and just a breeze.
bhansali_hardik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 15:44   #842
AKB
BHPian
 
AKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 27
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
No ways! You shouldn't have done that! You could provide them a cancelled check/scanned copy of it or of the passbook which has your name and ifsc code and an address proof along. That should be it! That's how I have dealt with my so called award winning dealership - kalyani Nexa added to it they are more responsive and eager to cancel my booking rather than convincing me not to. On the other hand brezza's deal was smooth sorted and just a breeze.

They refused to process the refund without CC number. And they also refused to refund money to any other account. This is Nexa at Gurgaon, opposite Bristol hotel
AKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 20:06   #843
BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 682
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Attention all Swift/Dzire/Ertiga/New Baleno Owners!!

Was going through the latest accessory brochure which my MASS got today. Two of the most sought after accessories, for which often the owners turn towards online "universal" options, are now available as MGA

1. Front Armrest(Black for Swift,Baleno, Beige for Ertiga and Dzire)
2. Rear foldable Sunshade

Attaching the images of the brochure which carries the part numbers/prices for easy reference and visualization.

1. Brochure Image(click to ZOOM)

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20160505_182019.jpg

2. Armrest
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20160505_182044.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 20:11   #844
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 2,206 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I got FE figure of 17.8 kmpl during my last 310 KM round trip to Kannur. Though it is NH, thick traffic was present. It took around 3.5 hours to drive just 120 KM. Still FE is pretty good and I am planning to get 2 nd free service done this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160505_195739.jpg  


Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th May 2016 at 20:15.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 21:24   #845
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Attention all Swift/Dzire/Ertiga/New Baleno Owners!!

Was going through the latest accessory brochure which my MASS got today. Two of the most sought after accessories, for which often the owners turn towards online "universal" options, are now available as MGA

1. Front Armrest(Black for Swift,Baleno, Beige for Ertiga and Dzire)
This is something I have been looking at ever since I confirmed the booking for Delta variant. But the one in the picture looks like it would need some drilling done. Is it in anyway possible to fix it as a plug and play? There is a good slot in which the arm rest can be plugged directly.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 22:32   #846
BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 682
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
This is something I have been looking at ever since I confirmed the booking for Delta variant. But the one in the picture looks like it would need some drilling done. Is it in anyway possible to fix it as a plug and play? There is a good slot in which the arm rest can be plugged directly.
I saw a few Swifts getting these installed, and if I remember correctly, no metal drilling of any sort was involved. They were surely punching some holes in the plastic panels(behind the handbrake, but no body drilling was involved.

I am not 100% sure, as I didn't check in detail how these were installed. Will check and revert back.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 01:06   #847
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 189
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Another small problem comes up every now and then - the reverse gear. It doesn't slot well. The small beep is audible which I believe is an indication of the gear slotting in and also activating the reserve parking sensors but the car is not in reverse gear, it doesn't backup but instead gives off a small rattling sound, you know the kind you hear when any gear doesn't slot properly. There seems to be some 'obstruction' right at the point where the buzzer sounds. It takes a couple of tries to slot it in right. Sometimes it slots it just fine like all other gears. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong ?
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 05:24   #848
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 388
Thanked: 382 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Another small problem comes up every now and then - the reverse gear. It doesn't slot well. The small beep is audible which I believe is an indication of the gear slotting in and also activating the reserve parking sensors but the car is not in reverse gear, it doesn't backup but instead gives off a small rattling sound, you know the kind you hear when any gear doesn't slot properly. There seems to be some 'obstruction' right at the point where the buzzer sounds. It takes a couple of tries to slot it in right. Sometimes it slots it just fine like all other gears. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong ?
Reverse gear slotting is an issue with my S-Cross also. Have to exert extra pressure to get the gear in reverse slot in most of the times. In some cases it refuses to get into the slot. Then I have to move the car slightly forward again and then try the reverse gear. It then works. In any occasions, engaging the reverse gear is NOT smooth.
Sree73 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 06:50   #849
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I saw a few Swifts getting these installed, and if I remember correctly, no metal drilling of any sort was involved. They were surely punching some holes in the plastic panels(behind the handbrake, but no body drilling was involved.

I am not 100% sure, as I didn't check in detail how these were installed. Will check and revert back.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks a lot. Will be helpful if it can be checked. I believe this arm rest would have more space than the one provided in the Zeta and Alpha variants. I have my car's second service due towards the end of this month. I will contact the MASS to see if they can order these for me in time for the service.
farooq817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 11:17   #850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I did a quick search on google for part number 990J0M82PPX-010 mentioned in the catalogue. The official nexa accessories page does mention the arm rest as an accessory (without any picture though). I was also lead to some other pages of Switzerland and France Suzuki website which showed the same armrest as present in the Zeta and Alpha variants at a price of 150 euros.

Name:  Baleno_Armrest.jpg
Views: 3684
Size:  148.1 KB

Check for the site here
farooq817 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 11:22   #851
BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 682
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Smile Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Thanks a lot. Will be helpful if it can be checked. I believe this arm rest would have more space than the one provided in the Zeta and Alpha variants. I have my car's second service due towards the end of this month. I will contact the MASS to see if they can order these for me in time for the service.
BHPian interc00led has posted some pics of the armrest installed in a Dzire. That should give you a pretty good idea.

Click to View (Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review)

BTW, why not get the OEM armrest console installed from the Alpha variants?? The parts catalogue has the part numbers and it should be a simple plug and play job IMHO. The MGA armrest is small compared to the ones which come with the Alpha variant.

Edit-If these armrests(broader ones which you have posted above) are being provided as MGA, its best to go for them. I thought they are offering the narrow ones, from the Swift and the Dzire for the Baleno too!!

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th May 2016 at 11:24.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 12:20   #852
BHPian
 
sathish81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
This is something I have been looking at ever since I confirmed the booking for Delta variant. But the one in the picture looks like it would need some drilling done. Is it in anyway possible to fix it as a plug and play? There is a good slot in which the arm rest can be plugged directly.
I own a delta cvt and have the original nexa armrest installed. It is similar to the one that comes with alpha variant and fits exactly to the holes meant for centre console.
sathish81 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 12:22   #853
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
BHPian interc00led has posted some pics of the armrest installed in a Dzire. That should give you a pretty good idea.

Click to View (Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review)

Edit-If these armrests(broader ones which you have posted above) are being provided as MGA, its best to go for them. I thought they are offering the narrow ones, from the Swift and the Dzire for the Baleno too!!

Regards,
Shashi
Yup. Those pics were pretty helpful to see how exactly the armrests are. I did not like the armrests on the Zeta and Alpha variants. On the test drives that I took before booking my car, I found it useless because it was too far back for my comfort. Anyhow, I will have a look at this and decide if I will get them fixed or not. For me, a perfect armrest would be one where I can rest my elbow and my hand reaches the gear knob. The non-adjustable nature of this armrest does not help either.
farooq817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 13:46   #854
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I own a delta cvt and have the original nexa armrest installed. It is similar to the one that comes with alpha variant and fits exactly to the holes meant for centre console.
Would it be possible to share a few pics of the armrest? From the front and rear seats.
farooq817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 14:47   #855
BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 973
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Though late, I am sharing my experience of driving the car.

My friend just got his Baleno Alpha petrol delivered. I drove around 130kms in a city and could find a lot of flaws in the car.

First of all, the front seats lack lower back support. 30kms into the drive and I already had back pain (a WagonR is my daily drive). Second, the ORVMs might be good in looks but are hardly practical (I believe the Scross, which is even bigger, shares the same mirrors). For a wide car with bulging rear design, rear visibility becomes even more important. Third, the rear view is blocked by the extra thick C-pillar, the head rests, and the small racked rear windscreen. Lastly, even the front screen, being raked at a very low angle, gives a small projected window for the front view, thereby reducing the visibility.

Is it a clear case of form over function? I agree the car has been received very well in the market but aren't the users ignoring the practicality in favor of looks and features (and some performance too)? Others might say I am over-reacting but this drive made me wonder that a driver like me must "adjust" and "acclimatize" to the designs and dimensions of the "trendy" car, which I would not want to. Am I even remotely right, in my own sense?

PS: My friend didn't know driving. Hence, I had TD'd the car, gave him the above feedback and told him to look at Swift or i20 or even the EcoSport. But he said he wanted the latest trendy design in the market and will "adjust" with the above problems. Meanwhile, he learnt some basic driving in a M800. So when the Baleno arrived and he drove it, he felt blindfolded in all directions inside the car. But he is happy that he has the latest in-demand model.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 399 6th December 2016 15:19
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 2930 4th December 2016 18:05
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 186 30th September 2016 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks