Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 16:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

How good are these full leather chairs that many billionaires and politicians use?

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-trumpboyleovalwhitehousephoto640x480.jpg
Old 14th June 2017, 17:35   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
I've used it too. Good support, even the lower back, good amount of recline too, preferred with the way I sit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
GTO, I am using the exact same office chair (the high back one) since a year and half. It is simply the best office chair I've used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I have been using this chair in my office for the last six years now and i am happy both with the comfort and quality levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am using the exact same chair at home and l am happy.
That is incredibly reassuring! Thanks guys. I knew I'd get some reviews on Team-BHP. I did try it out at the Featherlite shop for a little time, yet nothing like owner comments.

Quote:
Godrej interiors have similar ones but don't feel as sturdy and good as this one.
Totally agreed. For all their hype & advertising, I found Godrej's range to be rather mediocre. At least in terms of chairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am typing this while sitting on a 10 year old Featherlite chair.
It's because of you that I landed up in a Featherlite store . Hadn't even heard of the brand earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
but nothing came close to the one I use now (Herman Miller Mirra, I think).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I've used is the Herman Miller Aeron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Mirra is what I have been using for 5 years. And its the best chair I've had till now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR_SHR View Post
My workplace uses Herman Miller Mirra2. Pretty good. No headrest though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Nothing comes close to Herman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I second Herman Miller chairs.
Will check it out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Look no further GTO!
Hahaha. Tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Can you give an indicative budget GTO?
Not started off with anything as my knowledge is zilch when it comes to chairs. What do you think of the Featherlite Optima?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
How good are these full leather chairs
I'd originally thought of something like this. But they offer hardly any adjustments and never make it to the list of recommended chairs for back support.
Old 14th June 2017, 20:11   #18
BHPian

I might be digressing from the topic. Here are my 2 cents

I feel this thread has an underlying " how do i protect my back/ergonomic ways to continue in same posture " thread.

The current fad in our office is this and i have seen many desks have this setup. Of course chairs are required but people split 70/30 time of their work on this below, as someone said Sitting is the new smoking! I am not sure how scientifically proven is that.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-readydesk.jpg
Old 14th June 2017, 21:07   #19
BHPian

I cannot recommend HermanMiller Celle enough, our office has these Chairs for its employees and I have not come close to another chair that is as comfortable as these. They offer a variety of adjustments to hit the sweet spot.

HermannMiller Celle
Old 15th June 2017, 00:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
How good are these full leather chairs that many billionaires and politicians use?
Their job doesn't involve sitting long hours typing away on a keyboard. Different priorities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
The current fad in our office is this and i have seen many desks have this setup.
I get the standing desk part but I suppose you didn't mean the exact desk in the picture you have posted. It doesn't look ergonomic. Where does one keep the keyboard when standing and how will one look at the monitor when sitting?

Last edited by Jaguar : 15th June 2017 at 00:12.
Old 15th June 2017, 00:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Their job doesn't involve sitting long hours typing away on a keyboard. Different priorities...

I get the standing desk part but I suppose you didn't mean the exact desk in the picture you have posted. It doesn't look ergonomic. Where does one keep the keyboard when standing and how will one look at the monitor when sitting?
Keyboard goes in the intermediate shelf and yes, it is meant to be used only when standing. You cannot look into the monitor while sitting.

We have docking stations and monitors can be optional and works fine. more details here http://www.thereadydesk.com/
Old 15th June 2017, 07:29   #22
Team-BHP Support

If some one you know who is an orthopedic, consult him/her before going for one. I have seen few of them sitting on pure teak chairs devoid of any cushion. I don't know what gives, but maybe they might answer it better.
Old 15th June 2017, 09:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I might be digressing from the topic. Here are my 2 cents

I feel this thread has an underlying " how do i protect my back/ergonomic ways to continue in same posture " thread.

The current fad in our office is this and i have seen many desks have this setup. Of course chairs are required but people split 70/30 time of their work on this below, as someone said Sitting is the new smoking! I am not sure how scientifically proven is that.
In my previous office, we had height adjustable desks which could be raised to standing position with a press of a button. Press a button again and it will drop down to sitting position.

Something of this sort:
http://www.huntsoffice.co.uk/steelca...ble-desks-p726
Old 15th June 2017, 09:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If some one you know who is an orthopedic, consult him/her before going for one. I have seen few of them sitting on pure teak chairs devoid of any cushion. I don't know what gives, but maybe they might answer it better.
After using multiple chairs in different office locations over 10 years, I use cushioned wooden chairs now. This has tremendously helped with my back pain.
Something similar to http://blog.officechairsunlimited.co...lassic-tastes/

Do note that I have no orthopaedic knowledge. This is purely based on my own experience.
Old 15th June 2017, 11:17   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
as someone said Sitting is the new smoking!
My sister is big on standing + working. She's been talking about standing desks since quite a while, but it's not something I'm interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I cannot recommend HermanMiller Celle enough
Wow dudes! This is like the most named brand on this thread. Will check out what they have to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If some one you know who is an orthopedic, consult him/her before going for one.
Good point, will ask.

Thank you!
Old 15th June 2017, 11:21   #26
Team-BHP Support

If buying a Herman Miller chair, do also take note that they come in different sizes.

Honestly, I think the switch-over between size A (smallest) and size B (middle) is a bit too high. If you're at the lower end of size B, I strongly suggest you also consider the smaller Size A instead.
Old 15th June 2017, 11:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks guys!

Not started off with anything as my knowledge is zilch when it comes to chairs. What do you think of the Featherlite Optima?

Not a fan- there are many many products from great companies at various price points - I have sent you a PM if you need to discuss in depth.
Old 15th June 2017, 13:38   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My sister is big on standing + working. She's been talking about standing desks since quite a while, but it's not something I'm interested in.
Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-20170615-13.36.23.jpg

Something like this which we now have at our work location. Height adjustable desks and one can stand and work whenever he wants to stretch his legs.

The lever you see below is used to adjust the height according to your needs.

A very useful accessory for me who prefers higher desks to meet my height and avoid typical symptoms of RSI and as well stand up for a while and work too

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th June 2017 at 13:54. Reason: Level 》 Lever
Old 15th June 2017, 16:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yes and now DXC. This was the latest building we occupied few months back. Are you around ?
Electronic city or Bagmane?
No I'm not around.. I have done a few HP projects to recognize the combination of the Steelcase Let's be chair with the sit to stand workstation and the ubiquitous grey carpet that HP uses!

That's a unique chair by the way..has a pump that inflates/deflates the lumber support!
Old 15th June 2017, 16:58   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Electronic city or Bagmane?
No I'm not around.. I have done a few HP projects to recognize the combination of the Steelcase Let's be chair with the sit to stand workstation and the ubiquitous grey carpet that HP uses!
We moved within EC. I kinda like this set-up with parallel cubicles like this. Good space saver.

The chairs too are good too - A lot of adjustments - Height of Base, Armrest, Dept, Back rest height - All of these can be adjusted. But the icing on cake are these tables, which I adjust as per needs and at times stand up and work sipping my coffee.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks