Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 18:38   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
well what im saying is some people end up buying old merc s classes and bmw 7's and end up spending more than the value of the car just to get it up and running. hope you didnt face such a situation. and best of luck with the rest of your restoration process.
Cheers!!
Speaking on Speedy's behalf, this is probably one hit he is willing to take, considering the sentimental value of this particular W140.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:21   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
well what im saying is some people end up buying old merc s classes and bmw 7's and end up spending more than the value of the car just to get it up and running. hope you didnt face such a situation. and best of luck with the rest of your restoration process.
Cheers!!
I would end up paying more than what i paid to buy the car Bivin. That is exactly what i was saying in a more suttle manner in my previous post. I had calculated a little more than the car value to bring her back to life. I only gave a figure upto Auto Hanger, the car is in a new place and that place's bill is yet to come. This does not include apholstry, painting and the cosmetical bits that have cracked or broken due to being in the open for a long time. No regrets as this car stays with me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Speaking on Speedy's behalf, this is probably one hit he is willing to take, considering the sentimental value of this particular W140.
I dont have sentimental values with this car, Its emotional ones . I had forgotten this car even existed anymore, till GTO posted the pictures of it. Yeah you are right a hit i am taking and willing to take for this car.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:31   #423

Chal Ni Gaari thai ke nai?? Thobiyoch drive vaste!! I hope we can do a nice expressway run in this!!
Old 11th April 2010, 00:34   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Chal Ni Gaari thai ke nai?? Thobiyoch drive vaste!! I hope we can do a nice expressway run in this!!
Next weekend after the Fiat club meet. I am just getting the side mirror repaired and if it is done this week, we shall head (need to see people or rather the left side of my car)
Old 11th April 2010, 19:14   #425
SSP
BHPian

Speedy, I dont know if youve mentioned this before in the thread, so thought I'd ask anyways. Which workshop have you moved it to?

I'm getting my 1996 W124 back in daily use condition and it would be good to know where others are getting their cars done.
Old 12th April 2010, 00:49   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
Speedy, I dont know if youve mentioned this before in the thread, so thought I'd ask anyways. Which workshop have you moved it to?

I'm getting my 1996 W124 back in daily use condition and it would be good to know where others are getting their cars done.
I have moved it to Toyato Tech in Bandra SSP. This is opp Leelavati Hospital in the same lane where candys is but the other end.
Old 17th April 2010, 18:16   #427
BHPian

Amazing thread, speedy!

You have shown the indefatigable spirit of a true car lover ... and some deep pockets!

Plus, the car you've chosen is one of the (if not THE) best production cars ever ... just trust me when I say this tirade will be more than worth it in the end! (Not that you need any bolstering...)

Here's three cheers to you and your venture ... all our best wishes are with you ... go, go, go!

Old 18th April 2010, 07:33   #428

Speedy Sir,

Its been too long we had a glimpse of Big Daddy. Ek zalakh dikha do
Old 18th April 2010, 19:16   #429
BHPian

Today, I was honored not only to see the big daddy in person but also for a short ride in it. Absolutely superb. After the tiny issues are sorted out, this car is surely going to be one big gentle beast ! Thanks Abhishek !!

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 20th April 2010, 10:43   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenParadox View Post
Amazing thread, speedy!

You have shown the indefatigable spirit of a true car lover ... and some deep pockets!

Plus, the car you've chosen is one of the (if not THE) best production cars ever ... just trust me when I say this tirade will be more than worth it in the end! (Not that you need any bolstering...)

Here's three cheers to you and your venture ... all our best wishes are with you ... go, go, go!

Thank you. I dont think she would be one of the best production cars of her time, but one of the over engineered Marvels yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhasis_999 View Post
Speedy Sir,

Its been too long we had a glimpse of Big Daddy. Ek zalakh dikha do
Sorry my net was not working yesterday, but the Dekho you shall get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Today, I was honored not only to see the big daddy in person but also for a short ride in it. Absolutely superb. After the tiny issues are sorted out, this car is surely going to be one big gentle beast ! Thanks Abhishek !!

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Your most welcome Adheesh.

Sunday Morning was the Fiat club meet and i was to take my fathers friends fiat for it, but in his diary he forgot to note it and went on a business trip. I kept calling but no reply and the phone went off. A little dissappointed i wondered what to do as it would get boring to take one of the new cars again for the meet, as my mind was tuned to be driving a Fiat. I just thought to myself why not give the Big Daddy her first taste of the Tarmac. I called my friend where the car stands for work and made hime come to the open the Garage to take her out. I had to test her out anyways and said what better time than sunday morning.
On the way to the Oberoi, I did get alot of feedback from the car as what all she needed, the issues like i thought are not the reality, but the reality are things i never thought off.
The car drove smooth upto the point she got heated and then there was a cloud of smoke from one pipe, this was either the exhaust which was part new was setting in or one Banks head Gasket needed replacement. The car also had this funny sound each time you would let go of the Accelerator and this was very annoying. I mean liitle chimes of metal touching each other came from the rear left and only if you concentrate then you hear it.
The sadest part was when i got off the sea link the front left indicator light fell off and by the time i went to pick it up a safari guy drove over it and shattered it to pieces . I was wondering how it fell off but then i guess the boys working on the car must not have tightend the bolts. Anyways whats gone is gone and a new one is being called.

Some pictures I took outside the Oberoi.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-img00020201004181151.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-img00022201004181152.jpg  

speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2010, 11:20   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Thank you. I dont think she would be one of the best production cars of her time, but one of the over engineered Marvels yes.
=====================
Some pictures I took outside the Oberoi.

WOW, amazing, look so fresh. Love it! I now want to come to Mumbai as soon as possible! . You know why!

I've covered my friend's S500 (W140) last week for 'Fly Wheel'. I'll inform you once its being telecasted. But I want to feel the S600, the S-class among S-classes ot the time!

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th April 2010 at 11:59. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for short reply. Thanks
Old 20th April 2010, 11:51   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
WOW, amazing, look so fresh. Love it! I now want to come to Mumbai as soon as possible! . You know why!

I've covered my friend's S500 (W140) last week for 'Fly Wheel'. I'll inform you once its being telecasted. But I want to feel the S600, the S-class among S-classes ot the time!

No Hani bhai there still is lots to do on the car. This was its first test run and i am not happy with it yet. We are going to open the heads to change both Banks head ghaskets and also the Accelerator cable as it is very hard. When she is upto my satisfaction, you are most welcome to drive her when you come to Bombay.

Unfortunatly i dont understand a word said in the program but i enjoy watching the cars . I was trying to see the SL63 Amg one but it also shows the SLK 55 AMG.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:48   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Hani bhai there still is lots to do on the car. This was its first test run and i am not happy with it yet. We are going to open the heads to change both Banks head ghaskets and also the Accelerator cable as it is very hard. When she is upto my satisfaction, you are most welcome to drive her when you come to Bombay.

Unfortunatly i dont understand a word said in the program but i enjoy watching the cars . I was trying to see the SL63 Amg one but it also shows the SLK 55 AMG.
Ok buddy! Is the engine getting heated soon? Anyway I'll defenitly find a time to be with your S600 when my schedule me next visit.

I know, Malayalalam is hard to understand for you people.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:04   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Ok buddy! Is the engine getting heated soon? Anyway I'll defenitly find a time to be with your S600 when my schedule me next visit.

I know, Malayalalam is hard to understand for you people.

Yes the engine get heated sooner than it should and also throws out smike from one exhaust so i figure it is the Ghasket and to change it immidiately, before some more damage is caused. I finally saw the SL63 AMG link you provided. Thanks and your doing a great job in covering the cars. All the best to your show.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:01   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the engine get heated sooner than it should and also throws out smike from one exhaust so i figure it is the Ghasket and to change it immidiately, before some more damage is caused. I finally saw the SL63 AMG link you provided. Thanks and your doing a great job in covering the cars. All the best to your show.
Thank you!

It's being a good decision no to strain the engine any more. May be the Ghasket worn as its kept ideal for a long time!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks