Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 15:39   #8296
BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 824
Thanked: 1,676 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Step 1: Use Jopasu duster and move it over car surface to get rid of any fine dust.
Step 2: Spray ONR QD 1:25(ONR:Water) on one panel and wipe it off using a microfiber. Do not use any ordinary cloth be it cotton.
Step 3: Admire nice shine!
+1 that!
Have been doing this for the last 1.5 months and love the shine on the car. Also use OCW spray wax and it is so easy to use and gives the car a nice deep glow.
People in Bangalore can try Eco Car Care on Infantry road. Picked up ONR and OCW as well as the Eraser clay from them.
procrj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 17:22   #8297
BHPian
 
premc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 73
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
+1 that!
Have been doing this for the last 1.5 months and love the shine on the car. Also use OCW spray wax and it is so easy to use and gives the car a nice deep glow.
People in Bangalore can try Eco Car Care on Infantry road. Picked up ONR and OCW as well as the Eraser clay from them.
Same routine with me for the last one year. Eco car care does online sales too, got my second bottle of ONR through courier today. Very prompt in executing your orders.
premc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 12:53   #8298
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yes, absolutely. Do use it and let us know your feedback.


ONR is safe to use on any surface; metal, plastic and even glass. Just that green ONR contains wax, so do not let it dry on panel as it would leave wax residue for which you may again need to mist the surface and buff off.


Yes absolutely. Also do get a Jopasu duster and follow the below steps to get a nice shine in less time.

Step 1: Use Jopasu duster and move it over car surface to get rid of any fine dust.
Step 2: Spray ONR QD 1:25(ONR:Water) on one panel and wipe it off using a microfiber. Do not use any ordinary cloth be it cotton.
Step 3: Admire nice shine!
Thanks el lobo

I already have a Jopasu duster and it s performing its task well. Washing my car regularly becomes a big task as there is no provision to wash it with a hose and that's why i am looking for an alternative way to keep it clean between the washes.
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 13:00   #8299
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 368 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Has anyone in Pune tried steam cleaning from Eco Clean Cars in Kothrud, Pune.

Exterior cleaning is Rs. 500, only engine bay cleaning will be around Rs. 200. Interior cleaning is around 1500 (if I remember correctly) and a full package is around Rs. 2000 for a sedan.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 15:28   #8300
BHPian
 
AstonMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 39 Times
Thumbs up Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

To the uninitiated this thread is a treasure trove of valuable information. Thanks to all the contributors.

Today I have started the work on the exterior of my car. Panel by panel. The work is not so easy since the car has never been properly detailed other than the usual wash by service centers.

Used Bilt Hamber Auto Clay Medium to clay. I was shocked to observe the amount of dirt the clay picked up after a reasonably proper wash with Amway car shampoo. Post the claying, applied Sonus Acrylic Glanz using microfibre towel on the panels I could complete claying. I have left it at that due to the lack of time. I guess application of wax immediately would have been immensely good or the paint.

Since the car is white, I cannot elaborate on the end results. But, the panels are smooth as silk.
AstonMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 16:11   #8301
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Guys, am unable to source ONR online anywhere ( have tried autofresh, vicky, snapdeal, ebay BBimpex). Does anyone know of any other place where I can get it from.

Thanks.
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 16:18   #8302
BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 824
Thanked: 1,676 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Guys, am unable to source ONR online anywhere ( have tried autofresh, vicky, snapdeal, ebay BBimpex). Does anyone know of any other place where I can get it from.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
Same routine with me for the last one year. Eco car care does online sales too, got my second bottle of ONR through courier today. Very prompt in executing your orders.
Try talking to Nitin from http://www.ecocarcare.asia/index.html
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 17:09   #8303
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,626
Thanked: 755 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Guys, am unable to source ONR online anywhere ( have tried autofresh, vicky, snapdeal, ebay BBimpex). Does anyone know of any other place where I can get it from.

Thanks.
Try here:

http://www.keystoneenterprises.in/optimum.htm

You can also try getting UWW - I use it as QD.

http://www.detailedclean.in/washing-...trate-16oz-274

http://www.ultimatedetailerz.com/sho...s-concentrate/

PS - No commercial involvement. Just an end user of the sites mentioned.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 17:19   #8304
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Try talking to Nitin from http://www.ecocarcare.asia/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Try here:

http://www.keystoneenterprises.in/optimum.htm

You can also try getting UWW - I use it as QD.

http://www.detailedclean.in/washing-...trate-16oz-274

http://www.ultimatedetailerz.com/sho...s-concentrate/

PS - No commercial involvement. Just an end user of the sites mentioned.

Thanks guys, I have already sent a mail to Ecocarcare ad Keystone enterprises and am awaiting their response.

@blackasta - I am looking for a smaller bottle to try it our first and see how it works. is there something like that?
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 22:41   #8305
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 929
Thanked: 1,872 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I had ordered Meguiars Ultimate Compound two weeks back from ebay. It arrived today from New Jersy. The packaging was great. There were two levels of bubble wrap. It was supposed to arrive last week but got delayed due to bad weather conditions in New York.
I couldn't resist opening it and hence tried it on the hatch door now. Very good results. It was very easy to apply by hand using the Meguiars foam applicator pad. All the swirl marks on the hatch door just vanished. Applied a coating of wax after UC. Will try it on other panels this weekend and will post the pics.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-imag0715.jpg


A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-imag0716.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 23:26   #8306
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,626
Thanked: 755 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Thanks guys, I have already sent a mail to Ecocarcare ad Keystone enterprises and am awaiting their response.

@blackasta - I am looking for a smaller bottle to try it our first and see how it works. is there something like that?
None that I know of. Maybe you can ask the proprietors to send you some sample in a small pack? If they entertain such requests that is!
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 09:21   #8307
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
To the uninitiated this thread is a treasure trove of valuable information. Thanks to all the contributors.

Today I have started the work on the exterior of my car. Panel by panel. The work is not so easy since the car has never been properly detailed other than the usual wash by service centers.

Used Bilt Hamber Auto Clay Medium to clay. I was shocked to observe the amount of dirt the clay picked up after a reasonably proper wash with Amway car shampoo. Post the claying, applied Sonus Acrylic Glanz using microfibre towel on the panels I could complete claying. I have left it at that due to the lack of time. I guess application of wax immediately would have been immensely good or the paint.

Since the car is white, I cannot elaborate on the end results. But, the panels are smooth as silk.

Sonus acrylic glanz is more of a quick detailer than a standalone sealant. It will not last long. I suggest you completely detail a panel and then use this as a top up spray sealant. Also this product works best with Klasse system,ie, klasse AIO and glaze since they are also acrylic based products. If you don't have klasse product then atleast apply a sealant before using the acrylic glanz.


@guyfrmblr - UC is one the best compounds .Even though it is meant to be applied by a DA, it gives really good reslts with hand also. Ensure that you rub in the compound in circular motion till the compound disappears and then wipe down using a MF. UC uses Super Micro Abrasive Technology

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th February 2014 at 09:32.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 09:27   #8308
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,337
Thanked: 1,571 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
@guyfrmblr - UC is one the best compounds .Even though it is meant to be applied by a DA, it gives really good reslts with hand also. Ensure that you rub in the compound in circular motion till the compound disappears and then wipe down using a MF. UC uses diminishing abrasives technology
Correction - UC uses Non diminishing abrasives technology.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 09:30   #8309
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 929
Thanked: 1,872 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
@guyfrmblr - UC is one the best compounds .Even though it is meant to be applied by a DA, it gives really good reslts with hand also. Ensure that you rub in the compound in circular motion till the compound disappears and then wipe down using a MF. UC uses diminishing abrasives technology
I used that method last night on the hatch door and all the swirl marks, lines are gone. If I watch closely with high intensity light, I can still see very small minute lines here and there. Its not at all visible to naked eye but still I want to eliminate them . Will another round of UC on those lines will help or is there something else for that?
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 09:31   #8310
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Correction - UC uses Non diminishing abrasives technology.
Thanks for the correction. Have corrected by previous post

@guyfrmblr - I doubt you will be able to correct the paint completely by hand. To remove all the swirls you need machine correction

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th February 2014 at 09:34.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Mixed experience: Car detailing & cleaning from Carzippi.com rajeshsundaram Modifications & Accessories 0 1st February 2016 23:07
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai) renney.varghese Mumbai 62 19th November 2015 17:18
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks