Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 09:08   #6796
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Congrats, thats a very useful kit. Please share the prices and where you bought them. I too have a Bosch drill, but could not find the Megs DA power system.

OT: What is RX165 in your signature? Is it with an increased bore?

Thanks
-Vinay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Where did you buy it? How much did the whole kit cost?
Bought it from USA. 60$ for the attachment and 30$ for the pads. Nanoskin was 50$. Drill will cost another 3K for a Bosch.

Did not have an extension cord long enough to try it on the car. So experimented on my bike instead!

Phone cam is very bad, looks way better in person.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-camerazoom20121231084748094.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-camerazoom20121231084917899.jpg

Quote:
OT: What is RX165 in your signature? Is it with an increased bore?
Correct! 30cc more.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 15:18   #6797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thanks Thad, I went through the entire manual and apart from the 'dirt blaster' accessory there were no warnings. Will definitely go through the manual again.
Even if the manual doesn't warn you, do take care and use the minimum pressure for the job. You'll almost certainly find it quite sufficient, and avoid danger.

It is a great tool for other cleaning jobs, such as house paintwork, concrete paths and tiles, etc, so don't restrict it to the car. Doing some of these jobs will reveal the power of the monster. Any paintwork, for instance, that is not perfect, will be gone! Similarly, of course, it can do major harm to people. The trigger valve on mine sticks. One day, I dropped the handset, and it became a jet-propelled beast. All I could do was run for the switch.
Old 31st December 2012, 18:48   #6798
Senior - BHPian

After almost 3.6 years polished my black safari with polishing machine to get rid of the swirl marks and make it shine. (Followed the common guideline and missed few of them too =))

1. Last week applied moto max 2k to the whole body with polishing machine and then lightly buffed it off.

2. I sorely missed the claybar :(

3. Today i shampooed and then applied turtle hard wax with applicator and let it dry and then buffed it off with microfiber cloth

Attached are some pictures of the TML Paint Quality after 3.6 years (of-course taken care by me. I never give my vehicle to the washer boys in society)

Bonnet
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20121231_155941.jpg

The white dings are the paint chip offs from the flying stones and others/

Rhs Side of the car
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20121231_155951.jpg

(Thanks Amit, the machine did its work really great and it worked my biceps too )

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 31st December 2012 at 18:53.
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 19:01   #6799
Distinguished - BHPian

I've never owned one, but aren't you supposed to use the machine for the buffing, which (especially with old-type hard waxes) is the hard-work stage?
Old 31st December 2012, 20:35   #6800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
what would be the best dashboard cleaner/protectant/polish? i am looking for a odourless and a chemical free treatment. please suggest
My suggestion would be Meguiars Natural Shine Spray and costs Rs. 570. Should be available at the nearest 3M Car Care or you could get it online from Autofresh.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 20:37   #6801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
After almost 3.6 years polished my black safari with polishing machine to get rid of the swirl marks and make it shine. (Followed the common guideline and missed few of them too =))

1. Last week applied moto max 2k to the whole body with polishing machine and then lightly buffed it off.

2. I sorely missed the claybar :(

3. Today i shampooed and then applied turtle hard wax with applicator and let it dry and then buffed it off with microfiber cloth

Attached are some pictures of the TML Paint Quality after 3.6 years (of-course taken care by me. I never give my vehicle to the washer boys in society)

Bonnet
Attachment 1033094

The white dings are the paint chip offs from the flying stones and others/

Rhs Side of the car
Attachment 1033095

(Thanks Amit, the machine did its work really great and it worked my biceps too )
Nice job, looks neat and swirl free. How was it before? was the swirling high or moderate? How do you rate the effectiveness of Moto Max 2K?
Old 31st December 2012, 20:46   #6802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice job, looks neat and swirl free. How was it before? was the swirling high or moderate? How do you rate the effectiveness of Moto Max 2K?
Actually i should have taken pictures of before the job, but in excitement forgot it.

Swirls were moderate, could be easily seen after washing the car with shampoo and drying it with MF if you get the drift.

MotoMax 2k, yes i am impressed with it. Does the job if instructions are followed properly. For DIY home use, light scratches which arent deep can be worked on with it.

-Regards
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 21:47   #6803
BHPian

Quote:
hi

what would be the best dashboard cleaner/protectant/polish? i am looking for a odourless and a chemical free treatment. please suggest

thanks

+1 from personal experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My suggestion would be Meguiars Natural Shine Spray and costs Rs. 570...[/url]
It stays for quite some time with regular dusting. Moreover, it's easily available and reasonably priced. And Meguiar's products are better than most and small quantity is needed, so it`ll last long, just like any Meguiar's product.

Even the front portion of the car which attracts most dust, stays that way if cleaned once a week. And it's not sticky at all. Still as precaution, better to rub the steering wheel and door handle with a dry tissue paper before driving for the first time after applying the product.

It's odorless but definitely not chemical free, read the warnings.

Below is a pic after applying this product -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dscn2638.jpg
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 22:23   #6804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
+1 from personal experience.

It stays for quite some time with regular dusting. Moreover, it's easily available and reasonably priced. And Meguiar's products are better than most and small quantity is needed, so it`ll last long, just like any Meguiar's product.

Even the front portion of the car which attracts most dust, stays that way if cleaned once a week. And it's not sticky at all. Still as precaution, better to rub the steering wheel and door handle with a dry tissue paper before driving for the first time after applying the product.

It's odorless but definitely not chemical free, read the warnings.

Below is a pic after applying this product -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dscn2638.jpg
thanks a lot! will try procuring it soon
Old 1st January 2013, 22:50   #6805
BHPian

one more thing please...where do i buy 3M micro fibre towels?? is it available online? i cant seem to find it in the online stores
Old 1st January 2013, 23:39   #6806
BHPian

Quote:
one more thing please...where do i buy 3M micro fibre towels?? is it available online? i cant seem to find it in the online stores
Its available at all 3M care care outlets and it costs you around Rs.105/- per piece
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:57   #6807
BHPian

Quote:
Try this
http://emahendra.com/
http://emahendra.com/food-service-pr...-cloth-CS.html
surd_biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:20   #6808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
I have only seen the yellow MF being sold by authorized 3M Car Care. I wonder how these guys have so many colors and if they are genuine?
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:59   #6809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I have only seen the yellow MF being sold by authorized 3M Car Care. I wonder how these guys have so many colors and if they are genuine?
I've seen many colours at 3M outlet in Jayanagar/JP Nagar Bangalore. Chose the yello one anyway.
Old 2nd January 2013, 14:31   #6810
BHPian

Guys I am in a bit of a fix; I have a Black W124 which is detailed by me and I like the mirror finish; however last week I had to park my car near a mech for a tire change and nearby there was a car getting painted and now I have ended up with Clear overspray on the Roof , few panels and Windscreen of my car.

Though the overspray has not made any difference in shine of the car however I know my car, the paint does not feel smooth and I can feel the roughness on it.

What are my options?? Will claying remove it??; I use Meg White bar for my detailing;

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks