Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 00:05   #6646
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
Hi Shashank,
I have a Bosch Aquatak 1200. The power cord length is 5m and the pressure hose length is 6m. Anyways I always use an custom made extension box which has a 10m length cable.
Hey Chris, thanks a ton for the info! Could you also post your ownership experience with the Bosch pressure washer ? If I do get Bosch, it'll be a lot less cumbersome than Karcher. A total of 11m is more than what I may need
Old 7th December 2012, 01:33   #6647
Distinguished - BHPian

My Bosch power lead and hose are just long enough for me to wash all round the car. I have a waterproof extension on my to-do-one-day list.
Old 7th December 2012, 20:24   #6648
BHPian

Bought the Washdrops norinse from ebay and it was delivered today. Now I'm confused whether it is an original product or not and hesitant to use it. If any one has used washdrops before, can you please confirm if it is the same package you have received.

Before ordering I did a little search and washdrop seemed to be a vfm product and so I bought it. Now why am I confused? everything I saw online had white packing and the one I received is yellow. The images are different while the washdrops name seems to be same. While the original one says "Eco Wow", the one I received says "Eco Friendly". The original tag line is "Wash & Shine Solution", mine has "Car Wash & Shine Solution". These are the reasons for my confusion.

I have not used no rinse before, so even if I use it I do not know whether it is working as intended or not. Any ways to know if it is working as intended?

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wd.jpg  

Old 7th December 2012, 21:42   #6649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra

Do check Auto Mall on ebay.in and Ecocar care in Bangalore. They might stock some.

@INR 900 its probably par for the course if you manage to get from UK. I remember paying 1100 for Mother Claying kit (2 clay bars + 1 Showtime Detailer + 1 MF towel) about a year back.
Thanks Arup. I could not find the Auto Mall store on eBay. I will order it on Amazon UK so that I receive it in a month or so.
I have a question on polish. We talk only about Wax and Sealants here but one of the leading brands in the world (Sonax) does not have a Wax or a Sealant in its range of products. It does have a Polish though and it is readily available everywhere in India. I was wondering if the members here could share their thoughts about that. I know it will have some abrasives in it but does it also have any wax or protection properties?
I used to think Soax was a cheap brand till I travelled to France and Spain last year. It is very reputed in Europe and I had very good experience with most of their products so far, including MF towels, glass cleaner, interior cleaner, wiper fluid etc. In fact, their Car Shampoo works better for me than the more expensive ones but I don't use it anymore as I switched to ONR and Duragloss Rinseless washes.
Old 7th December 2012, 22:04   #6650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Bought the Washdrops norinse from ebay and it was delivered today. Now I'm confused whether it is an original product or not and hesitant to use it. If any one has used washdrops before, can you please confirm if it is the same package you have received.
I've been using it for sometime now. Its the same thing you've got. Frankly I do not know if it is fake or original but I've little complains so far. I've not used any other no rinse so do not have any reference. I only wash my car once every two months.
Old 7th December 2012, 22:18   #6651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post

Before ordering I did a little search and washdrop seemed to be a vfm product and so I bought it. Now why am I confused? everything I saw online had white packing and the one I received is yellow. The images are different while the washdrops name seems to be same. While the original one says "Eco Wow", the one I received says "Eco Friendly". The original tag line is "Wash & Shine Solution", mine has "Car Wash & Shine Solution". These are the reasons for my confusion.

I have not used no rinse before, so even if I use it I do not know whether it is working as intended or not. Any ways to know if it is working as intended?

Regards
Ask the seller for clarification regarding difference in packing.

Is there any manufacturer's and importers name address sticker on the reverse? Also, in US unit for most liquid items are OZ, here it shows in ml.

However, you can file a "item not as described" dispute with ebay in case you are in doubt.

I also ordered one, haven't received it yet. I've ONR. So once I receive it I will be able to compare.
Old 8th December 2012, 00:57   #6652
BHPian

Thad, I did get the 3M exterior enrichment package for my civic. I was personally standing there to monitor the entire procedure and I will have to sadly admit that these guys are just ripping us off in the name of exterior enrichment or so called paint protection. The process followed was a simple wash followed by a rubbing compound and then polishing with hands. That's it.

Product used - 3M Perfect IT for both polishing and waxing.

I was extremely disappointed with the entire procedure followed and since I have two more of these which I can avail in one year, I will get them done sooner and then switch over to DIY.

I will follow the below procedure as DIY. (Suggestions welcome)

- Cleaning the car with Jopasu Duster or just plain water
- Shampoo the car and remove all dirt and grime
- A quick ONR wash to make it slick
- Don't have clay, if I get one I will use it only on rough surfaces of the car
- Top it with Collinite 845. Thin layer applied, followed by 15-20 minutes waiting to let it haze dry before buffing it off (Elbow grease method)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I can understand your DIY wish. I can understand it especially if what you say about the paint protection is true. If they really only do a waxing, I do find it hard to understand that the result is so good! Certainly I'll research available information on this before going again.
Vivek5870 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 08:44   #6653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
I will get them done sooner and then switch over to DIY.

I will follow the below procedure as DIY. (Suggestions welcome)
For Daily/Weekly maintenance of car:
First you can use a Jopasu Car Duster to clean dust. Also get Optinum no rinse (ONR) Mix 4ml in 1litre spray can and spray all over car and wipe with wet MF cloth and then dry wipe with MF cloth.

For Monthly Maintenance:
Buy good Car Shampoo (Amway/Meguiars NXT carwash/Sonax) Then any Carnauba Wax like Sonax, Meguiar's Yellow wax etc. Then Dashboard polish for Dashboard and other exterior/interior plastic trims (Meguiar's Natural Shine/Sonax/Autoglym dashboard cleaners) For Tyre maintenance, you can use Tyre Dressers like (Meguir's Hotshine high gloss) For good visibility and Glass shine, you can use Glass cleaners (Sonax Glass Cleaner/Meguiar's NXT glass cleaner) For washing, use "Wash Mitt" and for cleaning, use Micro Fiber Cloths for different needs.

For serious detailing the car:
All the above products + If your car is 8-10 months old, get a Claybar (Meguiars/Mother's). In case, if there are any Swirls on the paint, you can use swirl remover (Meguiars SwirlX/Meguiars Ultimate compound) If paint is bit dull you can use (Meguiars Ultimate Polish) After this, you can buy Paint Sealants (Blackfire Wet Diamond/Wolfgang deep gloss) then you can Wax which is optional (Collinte 845/Meguiars NXT tech wax/Any Carnauba based wax) Then applicator pads to apply Polish, Sealents/Wax, You can get Dual Action Polisher for ease of use to apply above products. If you can get Pressure washer like Bosch or Karcher, life will be easy to wash the car.

Last edited by HighOctane : 8th December 2012 at 08:59.
HighOctane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 11:46   #6654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Then any Carnauba Wax like Sonax, Meguiar's Yellow wax etc.
Are you sure Sonax sells a Carnuba Wax in india? I haven't seen it anywhere.
Old 8th December 2012, 13:40   #6655
Senior - BHPian

Points to note:

If one is looking for clay bar go in for Meguiars only. Mothers just doesn't hold candle to it. Used both of them and Meguiars is leagues ahead of it in convenience and the amount of dirt/contaminants it can take.

Move over to paint sealants. Carnauba based wax are too old school. Given the weather condition in India, paint sealant will easily outlast 3 times more than wax. Used Collinite 915, which used to wear off in just 2 weeks, whereas Blackfire Wet Diamond beads water for more than 2 months, if maintained properly.

Just my 2p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Optinum no rinse (ONR) Mix 4ml in 1litre spray can and spray all over car and wipe with wet MF cloth and then dry wipe with MF cloth.
That's a very low dilution, I don't think it would help in anyway. The recommended is 1:16(ONR:Water) or 1:25(ONR:Water). 1:25 is recommended by Eco car Care, which works perfectly as QD which is the current dilution ratio I employ.
Old 8th December 2012, 15:48   #6656
BHPian

Any idea if washdrops no rinse can be used for quick detailing like the optimum no rinse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I've been using it for sometime now. Its the same thing you've got. Frankly I do not know if it is fake or original but I've little complains so far. I've not used any other no rinse so do not have any reference. I only wash my car once every two months.
Thankyou for the reply. Did you also buy it off ebay? Good to see you have no complaints. Its ok if its not good, but atleast it should not do any harm to the paint, that was my concern. I'll try it after few days.

My car needs a wash every week or 10 days, I did not was the car for many months and so I think it attracts a lot of dirt as the surface is rough. Do you also wax after the wash? How do you manage these two months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Ask the seller for clarification regarding difference in packing.

Is there any manufacturer's and importers name address sticker on the reverse? Also, in US unit for most liquid items are OZ, here it shows in ml.

However, you can file a "item not as described" dispute with ebay in case you are in doubt.

I also ordered one, haven't received it yet. I've ONR. So once I receive it I will be able to compare.
Thankyou for the reply. I've sent a message to the seller. Even before buying I asked if it is original and he replied saying it is a genine import and original. The listing shows the original white packing and mentions "Genuine import from USA to India", obviously I thought the package will be imported.

This packing says "Made in USA" and marketed here by "Indus...". Now the respite I have is the washdrops website mentions Indus as distributor.

I'll just go with the feedback thing on ebay rather than item not as described because the process is not worth for a rs.300 product.

Which website did you order on? Pls update once you use it, since you have used ONR, your feedback will be of great help.
Old 8th December 2012, 22:19   #6657
BANNED

I am very well aware of these practices. Its not the workers fault. The point is that they are not detailers. They are simply applying the product as guided by their trainers. Most of them dont even pay attention to complete swirl mark removal etc. A car needs a minimum of 5-8 hours with 3-4 guys working on it continuously for a flawless detail inside out, which most car care centers dont do as its not "viable".

Quote:
Thad, I did get the 3M exterior enrichment package for my civic. I was personally standing there to monitor the entire procedure and I will have to sadly admit that these guys are just ripping us off in the name of exterior enrichment or so called paint protection. The process followed was a simple wash followed by a rubbing compound and then polishing with hands. That's it.

Product used - 3M Perfect IT for both polishing and waxing.

I was extremely disappointed with the entire procedure followed and since I have two more of these which I can avail in one year, I will get them done sooner and then switch over to DIY.
twister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 22:28   #6658
BHPian

Completely agree with you Twister. Do you know of any place in Delhi where proper car detailing can be done. My take is that if I am spending 4K for detailing at HASS, then might as well spend that money at a proper detailing center and get the maximum bang for the money. I have read about some good detailers in Mumbai, but not read about any good detailer in Delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post
I am very well aware of these practices. Its not the workers fault. The point is that they are not detailers. They are simply applying the product as guided by their trainers. Most of them dont even pay attention to complete swirl mark removal etc. A car needs a minimum of 5-8 hours with 3-4 guys working on it continuously for a flawless detail inside out, which most car care centers dont do as its not "viable".
Old 8th December 2012, 22:38   #6659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I've bought Meguiar's Odor Elimnator, Meguiar's Plast X, gold applicator pads, car duster (I think supplied by Jopasu - but good deals here) over the last 5 months.
Fast shipping. And they also threw in a microfibre cloth free in a couple of purchases.
I just purchased Meguiar's Odor Eliminator from the 3M Car Care Center but am very disappointed with how it smells. Now my Car is smelling damp and unbearable. Did you have a similar experience with this product?
Old 8th December 2012, 22:39   #6660
BANNED

There is a detailing company located on MG road in New Delhi by the name of Steam and shine auto spa. you can checkout their facebook page. looks pretty impressive
Heres the link www.facebook.com/steamandshine

Quote:
Completely agree with you Twister. Do you know of any place in Delhi where proper car detailing can be done. My take is that if I am spending 4K for detailing at HASS, then might as well spend that money at a proper detailing center and get the maximum bang for the money. I have read about some good detailers in Mumbai, but not read about any good detailer in Delhi.
twister is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks