Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 06:47   #6496
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Please have a close look at the Meguair's Container, it says "Meguair's Hot Rims & Tire Cleaner" So you can clean the tires as well. If you can get a soft round shaped cylindrical brush (used to clean Thermos Flask) from super market, it is so easy to insert into Alloys Wheels and clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Only rim cleaner. You could use left over Amway shampoo or any other to clean the tires.

Thanks guys, the Formula -1 wash and wax was procured before going through this thread. Anyways now I have to finish the same, my next product will be one from the suggestions given by you both.
Old 16th November 2012, 08:49   #6497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems bhpian @aargee uses it. He would give you the correct opinion
I'm simply not a fan of sealant; I like wax more than sealant As a matter of fact, I'm hunting Collinite 476 frantically (My reviews already given here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2962829)

Quote:
Request you to please give your feedback about it for our fellow bhpian @HighOctance & others as well
As said above...I'm not a fan of sealant; I prefer using Wax above sealant, so I seldom care if sealant works or not. I (now) apply sealant over the paint, for the sake of it & sealants are way too expensive than wax.

Quote:
That's expensive considering its just a orbital polisher and not a DA. Why not a Megs G220V2 for Rs 14,288?
I didn't have a choice; Bosch has wide spread services in this country compared to any other manufacturers. I've already bought it; can't put it up for sale in a matter of few days :(

Quote:
recommend Amway, Sonax or Megs. I did stay away from Formula 1 since there are a lot of fakes of it & quality is not comparable to former ones. Washing your car with shampoo doesn't harm the car.
+1; though Sonax is not a leader, but somehow I find Sonax doing it's job...for over 4+ years now!!! How's your take on Amway? Which one do you think is better Amway or Sonax?

Last edited by aargee : 16th November 2012 at 09:00.
Old 16th November 2012, 09:24   #6498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only rim cleaner. You could use left over Amway shampoo or any other to clean the tires.

Quote:
Please have a close look at the Meguair's Container, it says "Meguair's Hot Rims & Tire Cleaner" So you can clean the tires as well. If you can get a soft round shaped cylindrical brush (used to clean Thermos Flask) from super market, it is so easy to insert into Alloys Wheels and clean. For Tires, use hard brush which is used to clean jeans cloths.

Look, there is confusion from the comments as well
I think it is a wheel cleaner and not a wheel and tire cleaner...the image may be wrong but the title is correct.
Cleaning tires with shampoo is a messy activity.
Most probably, I will get the Eagle one A2Z or ArmorAll Wheel and Tire cleaner (if it is available somewhere). If anyone can tell me where can I get the ArmorAll Tire and wheel cleaner, it will be great

About the MF clothes, I will get from Sanjay of BB - the Eurow ones.

Thanks for your help
~Aadi
Old 16th November 2012, 09:32   #6499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I think it is a wheel cleaner and not a wheel and tire cleaner...the image may be wrong but the title is correct
How about Meguiar's HOT RIMS® Aluminum Wheel Cleaner?

Choose one from here that you like - http://www.meguiars.co.in/category/226
Old 16th November 2012, 10:45   #6500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra
Most probably, I will get the Eagle one A2Z or ArmorAll Wheel and Tire cleaner (if it is available somewhere). If anyone can tell me where can I get the ArmorAll Tire and wheel cleaner, it will be great
Reliance Autozone has all products of Armour All, Sonax, Eagle One, Jopasu, Formula1 & STP. They are located at Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Jaipur, Gurgaon, Fairidabad & Ghaziabad. I found good discounts on Jopasu here.
Old 16th November 2012, 11:17   #6501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reliance Autozone has all products of Armour All, Sonax, Eagle One, Jopasu, Formula1 & STP. They are located at Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Jaipur, Gurgaon, Fairidabad & Ghaziabad. I found good discounts on Jopasu here.
Yes, me too got the Jopasu duster from there. I will go there this weekend and see what is available.
Old 16th November 2012, 11:58   #6502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Yes, me too got the Jopasu duster from there. I will go there this weekend and see what is available.
How much a Jopasu Duster cost in Reliance Auto Zone? I have ordered one from Snap Deal. It costed me Rs.575.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:51   #6503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque

How much a Jopasu Duster cost in Reliance Auto Zone? I have ordered one from Snap Deal. It costed me Rs.575.
It is Rs.470/- for Jopasu duster when I bought from Reliance Bangalore for my cousin in Sep'12. Also they have some combi schemes like Jopasu Duster with Jopasu MF cloth & car wash for some Rs.600+ and Duster+MF cloth+car wash+wash mitt for some Rs.750+
Old 16th November 2012, 19:17   #6504
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

I have been using the Formula 1 Wheel Gold for quite some time now, however, I feel that this product has had a detrimental effect on the tyres. It appears as though the tyres have become stiffer & the rubber has lost some of its pliability.

Has anybody else also felt this way using Formula 1 Wheel Gold or any such products? Also, are there any products that have been known to not cause any such issues or do any harm to the rubber compound?

Drive safe.
Old 17th November 2012, 13:34   #6505
BHPian

Hi Red-one,

Saw your terracan couple of hours ago CMH road junction. I must say it was all shiny, wasn't looking like a 6 year old car.

Good work

-Ijeet
Old 17th November 2012, 23:48   #6506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey guys,

I have been using the Formula 1 Wheel Gold for quite some time now, however, I feel that this product has had a detrimental effect on the tyres. It appears as though the tyres have become stiffer & the rubber has lost some of its pliability.

Has anybody else also felt this way using Formula 1 Wheel Gold or any such products? Also, are there any products that have been known to not cause any such issues or do any harm to the rubber compound?

Drive safe.
Wheel gold is oxalic acid based cleaner and its long term use will have a detrimental effect on the tyre rubber, clearcoat on the rims etc.!

Its only meant for severely neglected rims with baked on brake dust etc.

pH balanced products are safer for the tyre/rims as well as your skin too!
For regular cleaning, use mild car wash shampoo and water in a bucket or in a spray bottle!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 00:44   #6507
BHPian

Quote:
I have only used Poli-Coat once. It surely gives a good gloss and protection.
Read that it's very thick and doesn't spread as easily as other sealants. Did you feel that too ?

Quote:
From where are you sourcing Poli-Coat & Opti-Seal and their price?
Have someone coming from the US, so thinking of getting it from there.
Old 18th November 2012, 15:31   #6508
BHPian

Guys,

I have done detailing on my car last weekend with newly sourced detailing products and sealant. Please take a look and let me know your views.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2965413

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 18th November 2012 at 15:32.
Old 18th November 2012, 16:56   #6509
Senior - BHPian

I regularly use the soap & water method to clean the tires, however, is there any product or way through which the tires can be given that black (shiny or matt) look, without the ill effects on the tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wheel gold is oxalic acid based cleaner and its long term use will have a detrimental effect on the tyre rubber, clearcoat on the rims etc.!

Its only meant for severely neglected rims with baked on brake dust etc.

pH balanced products are safer for the tyre/rims as well as your skin too!
For regular cleaning, use mild car wash shampoo and water in a bucket or in a spray bottle!
Old 18th November 2012, 18:00   #6510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
I regularly use the soap & water method to clean the tires, however, is there any product or way through which the tires can be given that black (shiny or matt) look, without the ill effects on the tires?
If you want Matt look then try cyclo tyre spray. If you want gloss try sonax or meguiar.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks