Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 00:57   #6421
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi everybody, using colinite 845 on my black cruze but since it is wax it attracts a lot of dust. Should I coat it with amway silicone glaze after collinite?
I don't think that is a good idea...
Amway silicon glaze might be applied before colinite not before that.

I have a question about cleaning tires -
Do you recommend using a tire cleaning brush for it? If yes, which one we should buy? If not, what is the recommended easy way of cleaning tires?
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:51   #6422
Distinguished - BHPian

Karchar authorised outlet in Bangalore

Good news for Bangaloreans who are planning to purchase Karchar products. There is a authorised dealer . I dunno the exact adress but can the directions are as follows.

On the double road going towards Shanti nagar bus stop.Take a left at the signal at the bus stop and go ahead on the road.After going some half kms you get a temple on the left hand side. Proceed further and you will find this shop on your right hand side.Road is narrow so parking is difficult during peak hours.This road will eventually touch the Bannerghatta road at the the Bosch office!

Let me know if you need any more clarifications
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:18   #6423
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Karchar authorised outlet in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Good news for Bangaloreans who are planning to purchase Karchar products. There is a authorised dealer . I dunno the exact adress but can the directions are as follows.

On the double road going towards Shanti nagar bus stop.Take a left at the signal at the bus stop and go ahead on the road.After going some half kms you get a temple on the left hand side. Proceed further and you will find this shop on your right hand side.Road is narrow so parking is difficult during peak hours.This road will eventually touch the Bannerghatta road at the the Bosch office!

Thanks to sandsun7 for the exact address

Address:
28/1, 9th Cross, B.T.S Road
Wilson Garden
Bangalore-560027
Tel: +91 080 41113819
Fax: +91 080 41463901
Email: info@karcher.in
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:33   #6424
BHPian

Re: Karchar authorised outlet in Bangalore

Quote:

There are already authorised dealers for Karcher present in Blore, both commercial and individual consumers, is this company owned outlet ?
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:04   #6425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
How did the wash party go - Was the hyperwash effective and really foamed up like shaving cream ?
Well we surely had a wash party with two of us, SAS and yours truly. Due to very strong winds on Sunday I could only wash the car & clean the interiors. Have planned to finish the exteriors on tomorrow's holiday.

The hyperwash did foam up but not like shaving cream since I diluted it to very high ratio 15 ml in 150 ml of water, which should have been 40 ml in 150 ml. But never the less, it impressed me with the lubricity and the smooth surface that I got with just a foam wash by Karcher. Easily if did use it in high concentrate it would make snow like anything and near by parking lot would all turn into white.

Would finish up tomorrow and post up the pics of our detailing party and polishing. Small video for reference.

el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:41   #6426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
There are already authorised dealers for Karcher present in Blore, both commercial and individual consumers, is this company owned outlet ?
Yes its a company owned outlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Well we surely had a wash party with two of us, SAS and yours truly. Due to very strong winds on Sunday I could only wash the car & clean the interiors. Have planned to finish the exteriors on tomorrow's holiday.

The hyperwash did foam up but not like shaving cream since I diluted it to very high ratio 15 ml in 150 ml of water, which should have been 40 ml in 150 ml. But never the less, it impressed me with the lubricity and the smooth surface that I got with just a foam wash by Karcher. Easily if did use it in high concentrate it would make snow like anything and near by parking lot would all turn into white.

Would finish up tomorrow and post up the pics of our detailing party and polishing. Small video for reference.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=xQsFMj7IX_s
Dude, i need your help badly! I want to do the exact foam wash as it is described in the video. I have a bosch aquatak. Any idea where i can get the foaming bottle attachment?There comes such bottle along with the bosch kit but the nozzle is way to big to create the high pressure foam. Any pointers as to where i can get this attachment in bangalore(Preferred) or india will be highly helpful.

Also which car wash liquid did you use for the foam bath?Where did you purchase it and how much did it cost? Does your karchar come with such attachment which sprays such high pressure foam?
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:18   #6427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, i need your help badly! I want to do the exact foam wash as it is described in the video.
First of all, doing just a foam wash with a pressure wash machine is too much hassle. The optimal use of pressure wash machine is for cleaning wheel wells, dirt and grime stuck to car surface. Putting up the whole machine for just a foam wash, is too much hassle. Even I wouldn't do it. Regular cleaning with Jopasu and quick detail is more than enough. I'm in no way demotivating you.

Quote:
I have a bosch aquatak. Any idea where i can get the foaming bottle attachment?There comes such bottle along with the bosch kit but the nozzle is way to big to create the high pressure foam. Any pointers as to where i can get this attachment in bangalore(Preferred) or india will be highly helpful.
Have you tried the foam nozzle which came with your Bosch Aquatak 100 plus? Dilution is about for 300 ml container 2-3 oz of liquid.

Eg. For 300 ml container 80 ml foam liquid + 220 ml of water.

Try it once with the supplied foam nozzle and it would definitely work. You can easily use Amway car wash shampoo too.

Quote:
Also which car wash liquid did you use for the foam bath?Where did you purchase it and how much did it cost? Does your karchar come with such attachment which sprays such high pressure foam?
The car wash liquid I used is a Meguiars Hyperwash, of which I received a small sample from a friend.

The Karcher I purchased was from Oz is a K2.180 and separately got a foam nozzle 300ml. Even this one has a big opening but does good foaming. I would suggest you to try the one you have first. Higher the concentrate more foam you would be getting.
Old 23rd October 2012, 21:31   #6428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Have you tried the foam nozzle which came with your Bosch Aquatak 100 plus? Dilution is about for 300 ml container 2-3 oz of liquid.

Eg. For 300 ml container 80 ml foam liquid + 220 ml of water.
@El lobo and sagar:-I also have Bosch Aquatak 100 plus but I'm also not able to get foam like shown in the video even after trying various combinations of soap+water.It just sprays the soapy water mixed with soap and that whole 300ml bottle is quickly finished within few seconds.May be the bore is too big to produce the foam.
Old 24th October 2012, 08:24   #6429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr

@El lobo and sagar:-I also have Bosch Aquatak 100 plus but I'm also not able to get foam like shown in the video even after trying various combinations of soap+water.It just sprays the soapy water mixed with soap and that whole 300ml bottle is quickly finished within few seconds.May be the bore is too big to produce the foam.

Exactly what I am telling. The hole is too big to create any pressure.

I searched on Google and there is one available on ebay UK for 37 pounds plus shipping. I don't know whether its right to spend so much on a bottle. Plus I Will have to get the foaming car wash liquid here in India. I don't think its so easy to get both ! Guess my wish to foam wash my car Will remain unfulfilled. Maybe one day in future....
Old 24th October 2012, 20:11   #6430
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a Bosch Aquatak, I think it is a 100 too. The detergent dispenser, as far as I know, isn't really meant to create foam, just to dispense detergent. It does this, as someone else commented, far too fast! I did try a mod with a larger water bottle, but then it has to be held on its side because the uptake tube is not long enough.

I gave up and just use a spray bottle with car-wash cleaner and water in it to apply the stuff to the car.

Rain Wash

Yes, did a good one the other day, with the weather doing most of the work for me. I doubt that our rain is any more polluted than our tap water. It's nice, now we have a car port, to be able to put it back there and dry it off
Old 24th October 2012, 23:56   #6431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help needed urgent. Car bumper, windshield, rear view mirror shells have dirt gri

Quote:
Post the complete details of the moron who detailed your car.Name ,Address,Phone number. So that other BHPians/guests will not go to him and he will lose his business atleast a bit for his callous attitude.
Its Privilege MotoMall, Nandanam, Chennai. Sorry for jumping the gun, sriram.
Old 25th October 2012, 13:35   #6432
BHPian

Re: Help needed urgent. Car bumper, windshield, rear view mirror shells have dirt gri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Its Privilege MotoMall, Nandanam, Chennai. Sorry for jumping the gun, sriram.
Been going there for past 2+ years now and have never had any problems, so its little hard to digest this. For the A pillar issue, you guys talk to Pavan, who owns the place. If you have not pls do and he his a great guy.

Having said that from the pictures it looks more like tar spots and not some cleaning agent left by motomal. Must have happened post your cleaning. Did you notice this when you took delivery or after 2 days post delivery?
Old 28th October 2012, 19:27   #6433
Senior - BHPian

Had a small detailing party with fellow bhpian SAS. More about it on my car ownership thread. Let me know your all views. Thanks.

Link.

Note : Please have a good broadband connection given there are close to 60 pics on that very same page.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 12:49   #6434
BHPian

Friends please advise me on the best polish and applicator material for the Ktm Duke. The body of the bike except the frame is made of plastic. I recently used the 3m all in one shiner all over the plastic parts and the vinyl stickering. Noticed a few swirls there yesterday.

Have used 3m microfibre cloth to clean the bike and a soft cloth to apply the polish. On the rough surfaces like the mudguards and chain guards, it gave almost a showroom finish. I want to maintain the neon orange in a pristine condition.

Please advise how to go about it. I hope this isn't OT on this thread.
Old 4th November 2012, 12:57   #6435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
Good news for Bangaloreans who are planning to purchase Karchar products. There is a authorised dealer .

On the double road going towards Shanti nagar bus stop.Take a left at the signal at the bus stop and go ahead on the road.After going some half kms you get a temple on the left hand side. Proceed further and you will find this shop on your right hand side.This road will eventually touch the Bannerghatta road at the the Bosch office!
If you need Meguiar's Yellow wax and Meguiar's Speed Glaze in 100ml loose quantity, you will get in this same BTS Road, in a auotomobile paints shop 4 crosses before this Karchar Office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks