Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2012, 23:33   #6391
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Guyz,
I need some help ..
There are several shoe marks on my door pads (black plastic)..which is not going away by normal cleaning. Please suggest how to get rid of those. Which product I should try?
Also, please suggest something which is easily available - either online or stores like 3M/Reliance AutoZone etc.

Thanks for your help..
~aadi
Old 11th October 2012, 23:55   #6392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra
Guyz,
I need some help ..
There are several shoe marks on my door pads (black plastic)..which is not going away by normal cleaning. Please suggest how to get rid of those. Which product I should try?
Also, please suggest something which is easily available - either online or stores like 3M/Reliance AutoZone etc.

Thanks for your help..
~aadi
Since the door pads are plastic I am guessing the dashboard shine/protector should work. I have been using 3m natural shine and quiet pleased with the product. The gurus can comment further.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 23:58   #6393
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Since the door pads are plastic I am guessing the dashboard shine/protector should work. I have been using 3m natural shine and quiet pleased with the product. The gurus can comment further.
Thanks for the reply mate!
Yes, the material on the door pads is same as the dashboard.
3M will be easy to get as there is a 3M outlet near the office. Will wait for a while in case there are any better suggestions from the detailing gurus.
Old 12th October 2012, 09:37   #6394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
It could be tar spots. Try using WD 40 spray on it to see if they dissolve. If they do then clean as much of them as you can with it. Follow with a was h with car shampoo and then claying. Thsi should take care of most of it if it is tar spots. They claying will help if it is paint overspray
Hi Mortis, Uploading the pictures for your reference. Kindly provide your inputs by looking at it to assess whether it could be tar spots are something else, the cleaners are for sure not taking any responsibility for what has happened.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0101.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0105.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0103.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0102.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0104.jpg  

Old 12th October 2012, 10:35   #6395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
If i am getting a bosch Dual action polisher for 4k then i am more than happy.

Which model is available for 4k?
B&D KP1200 I believe its waste of money, I got same one from Metro few months back. Which I'm trying to get rid of. In my opinion small size pads could have been better.

If you can afford, buy Meguiars G220V2. I have read good reviews about it.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:33   #6396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Yeah i want a 220V DA polisher, but flex is totally out of budget.
404$ is very very costly
Hi Amit,
I am unaware of any 220V machines available in the US market. I think all of them would be 110V.
However, in UK, you get plenty of choices, though the price is much higher than US.

Here is a good machine (as per reviews)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish.../prod_720.html

BTW: The Meguiar's India website online store has hardly anything worth purchasing.
Old 12th October 2012, 14:34   #6397
Senior - BHPian

Sriram : I am almost 100% sure its tar spots from the brown smudges that they have produced. Go ahead and clean with WD40. WD40 helps with paint also to some extent so go ahead with this.

Spray WD 40 liberally, allow it to dissolve the tar. Wash immediately with a car shampoo
Old 12th October 2012, 15:10   #6398
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone availed the services of :

http://www.skks.co.in/

Especially, BHPians from NCR? Prices are pretty decent.

They seem to be cleaning planes as well!

Cheers.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 12th October 2012 at 15:11.
Old 12th October 2012, 19:52   #6399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
oops i meant Black and deckker for 3K. Hope the attached one helps

http://www.machpowertools.com/Produc...id-842965.aspx
Opps, i hate this polisher. Have used it before. These types are available in mumbai allover for 1000-1200rs too. They are not user friendly.
Old 12th October 2012, 21:01   #6400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Hi Mortis, Uploading the pictures for your reference. Kindly provide your inputs by looking at it to assess whether it could be tar spots are something else, the cleaners are for sure not taking any responsibility for what has happened.
Your solution would be a claybar. You will need to clay the surface to get rid of the contaminants bonded to the surface. You would need a Meguiars claybar costing Rs. 495 from BBImpex and Meguiars Quik Detailer as claybar lubricant Rs 300 from a 3M Car Care center.

Note: I'm not associated to any of the above entities.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 21:39   #6401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Nice videos.Although, it would have been better if you post the name of the products which give this effect along with the videos. It would be more helpful for the others too. No mod will ban you for revealing the name of the products. If that was the case , all of us who are active on this thread would have been banned by now. LOL!
Sagar,
Read everyone's comments and appreciated it. These videos, are of a product not yet developed. I had asked a chemist in Japan for a sealant which had these two properties. These were 2 videos he took in August while he was doing the development. He needs 6 months to make it easy to use. A similar product is used in a spray form (paint booth), but I asked him for an easy to use product. The main problem is it is a functional coating, hence good for light coloured or white cars. Can be used on utility vehicles. It is still under development hence no name.

As far as the product I used on my car, I have been testing different products from all over the world. An expensive hobby/passion. I finally found the product from Modesta, Japan working according to their claims. (It was on my car in the photograph). Code name BC-03. In Japan this product is sold with a 5 year warranty and they claim that the shine is retained for even 10 years. The only way to strip the product is to sandpaper it or polish it with a compound.

Please note sourcing this product was a huge hurdle because of the language barrier.
ThinkBig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 15:23   #6402
BHPian

Hi everybody , I use colinite 845 after jopashu dusting and the shine it brings to my black cruze makes it too tempting to do it once a week. Am I doing any harm to the car paintwork ?
Old 13th October 2012, 15:59   #6403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish
Hi everybody , I use colinite 845 after jopashu dusting and the shine it brings to my black cruze makes it too tempting to do it once a week. Am I doing any harm to the car paintwork ?
Appreciate that you take care of your car so much. Waxing will not affect your paint, infact a thin layer of wax will shield your paint. However, waxing every week is just unneccessory. You can wax once a month which is more than enough and will keep your car safe n shine. Collinite 845 being insulator wax usually can be used once in 2 months.

The more you wax, the car will attract dust when wax is fresh. Hence waxing every week is not recommended. But please do Jopasu everyday and no cloth, even MF cloth on dust.

Last edited by HighOctane : 13th October 2012 at 16:04.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:23   #6404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBig View Post
AvonA7, I have tried Pril but not Vim. It does not affect the sealant I use. Dish washing soap is too strong for waxes...
I hope this reply was not too technical.
Honestly ! - it's too technical Thanks mate for the explanation.

Not to contradict your Pov, personally have never used anything on my car other than car related products. And all this, because of you guys posting in this thread

And after using many products of different manufacturer have come to a conclusion that Meguiar's product are the best and Collinite is THE BEST w.r.t. waxes.
Old 14th October 2012, 18:25   #6405
Distinguished - BHPian

Clay Bar sample test

First of all a big shout to NOTORIOUS for sending me a professional grade clay bar sample for testing.Thank you!

Notorious wanted me to test a clay bar that he had procured.Received the sample yesterday .The sample looks like any other clay bar though its a bit harder.I tried the clay bar today on the bonnet and one of the doors with ONR as clay lube. My observations are that this clay bar is definitely better than the Mother's one i have used till now. It does not stick to the surface and requires less lubing. Coming to its contaminant lifting property, its more efficient compared to mother's. It picks up most of the contaminants with less effort and usability is much easier than mothers.Even the toughest of the tar spots were picked up with minimal effort whereas the mothers would slog to pick it up.

All in all, a very good product that is available in India.Notorious, you are luck to lay your hands on such good product. Enjoy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks