Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 00:47   #6406
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

repeating the same question again -
Any other suggestions than Meguiars Natural Shine for restoring the black of door pads (plastic) which has been spoiled by shoe marks.

Any opinion of Meguiars Ultimate Protectant?

Last edited by adimicra : 15th October 2012 at 00:51.
Old 15th October 2012, 07:40   #6407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Hi Mortis, Uploading the pictures for your reference. Kindly provide your inputs by looking at it to assess whether it could be tar spots are something else, the cleaners are for sure not taking any responsibility for what has happened.
You get bug and tar marks remover sprays from Meguiars but need to be imported. Alternately any 3M store will have those cleaners as well. Just walk into the 3M store and along with a wash, ask them to use the bug and tar remover.

Claying will not help much and will require more effort. Moreover, the clay bar will pick up these particles and will be useless.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 12:03   #6408
Senior - BHPian

@sriramr9: They are all tar spots.
I second Mortis here.
Use WD-40. Spray liberally. If you find WD-40 to be dripping off the car onto the ground, then, you could use a tissue paper immediately after spraying WD-40. The tissue paper would get stuck to the car panels/ bumper when it is wet due to WD-40.
Perhaps you should wait for 10 minutes and then cleaning the car with shampoo and water.
This will not remove everything but it will loosen up the tar.
Then use a clay bar (break it into 2 pieces and use just one piece for this whole exercise).
You might have to throw away this piece (or use it for alloy wheel cleaning etc) since this piece will be really dirty after your clean up.
My feeling is that you will need an aggressive clay (else you will spend over an hour to get rid of the spots).
You don't necessarily need a special lubricant, unless you want to really buy one.
1/4 packet of sunsilk (or any other shampoo) in 200-300 ML of water is good enough to serve a lubricant for the clay bar.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 12:45   #6409
BHPian

Re: Clay Bar sample test

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
First of all a big shout to NOTORIOUS for sending me a professional grade clay bar sample for testing.Thank you!

Notorious wanted me to test a clay bar that he had procured.Received the sample yesterday .The sample looks like any other clay bar though its a bit harder.I tried the clay bar today on the bonnet and one of the doors with ONR as clay lube. My observations are that this clay bar is definitely better than the Mother's one i have used till now. It does not stick to the surface and requires less lubing. Coming to its contaminant lifting property, its more efficient compared to mother's. It picks up most of the contaminants with less effort and usability is much easier than mothers.Even the toughest of the tar spots were picked up with minimal effort whereas the mothers would slog to pick it up.

All in all, a very good product that is available in India.Notorious, you are luck to lay your hands on such good product. Enjoy
Thank You very much for your kind words , this thing is surely rocking because of a very low price tag as compared to other options available.

tell me if anybody else wants that , you will be shocked when you see the price. This was the reason i was not posting price before as people will thing that this is some cheap product .But trust me its not.

Will Pm you The Price For Future Requirements !!!

Waiting For Other People To Post their Findings ...

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 15th October 2012 at 12:54.
NOTORIOUS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 16:11   #6410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@sriramr9: They are all tar spots.
I second Mortis here.
Use WD-40. Spray liberally. If you find WD-40 to be dripping off the car onto the ground, then, you could use a tissue paper immediately after spraying WD-40. The tissue paper would get stuck to the car panels/ bumper when it is wet due to WD-40.
Perhaps you should wait for 10 minutes and then cleaning the car with shampoo and water.
This will not remove everything but it will loosen up the tar.
Then use a clay bar (break it into 2 pieces and use just one piece for this whole exercise).
You might have to throw away this piece (or use it for alloy wheel cleaning etc) since this piece will be really dirty after your clean up.
My feeling is that you will need an aggressive clay (else you will spend over an hour to get rid of the spots).
You don't necessarily need a special lubricant, unless you want to really buy one.
1/4 packet of sunsilk (or any other shampoo) in 200-300 ML of water is good enough to serve a lubricant for the clay bar.
Thanks @Vid6630 and @S.U.N, I used Zorrik spray and it did help a bit. How about using Diesel, for the above exercise ?
Old 17th October 2012, 21:00   #6411
Senior - BHPian

Seeking opinion regarding the below brand

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/

Has anyone used or seen using these products? Are they at par with industry leading products like ONR, FK, Collinite, Lake County, Meguiars, Mother's etc?

Any suggestion is appreciated. Tks.
Old 17th October 2012, 22:20   #6412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
repeating the same question again -
Any other suggestions than Meguiars Natural Shine for restoring the black of door pads (plastic) which has been spoiled by shoe marks.

Any opinion of Meguiars Ultimate Protectant?
Meguiar's natural shine is an excellent product, easily available too. It not only help clean but also stays for many weeks.

Ultimate series is the latest from Meguiar's, a synthetic product (chemical) which is expected to stay for longer duration (compared to any other Meguiar's series like gold, nxt etc) and give more gloss.

You can also look for Collinite 855.

Did you use Meguiar's Natural shine and not satisfied ? You can post the pics. But the above three should be sufficient to restore the original color and shine. All the best.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 22:46   #6413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Meguiar's natural shine is an excellent product, easily available too. It not only help clean but also stays for many weeks.

Ultimate series is the latest from Meguiar's, a synthetic product (chemical) which is expected to stay for longer duration (compared to any other Meguiar's series like gold, nxt etc) and give more gloss.

You can also look for Collinite 855.

Did you use Meguiar's Natural shine and not satisfied ? You can post the pics. But the above three should be sufficient to restore the original color and shine. All the best.
Thanks AvonA7 for your reply.
I have not tried any product as of yet...
So, do you suggest me to buy Natural Shine or Ultimate Protectant?
I don't care about gloss but want a nice deep black look to be restored.

I think price wise both are similar.

Also, I am planning to buy Eagle One A-Z tire Wheel cleaner but can't find it anywhere in Hyderabad or online. Any pointers or alternative sugggestions?

Thanks
~Aadi
Old 17th October 2012, 23:14   #6414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks AvonA7 for your reply.
I have not tried any product as of yet...

a. So, do you suggest me to buy Natural Shine or Ultimate Protectant?
I don't care about gloss but want a nice deep black look to be restored.

I think price wise both are similar.

b. Also, I am planning to buy Eagle One A-Z tire Wheel cleaner but can't find it anywhere in Hyderabad or online. Any pointers or alternative sugggestions?

Thanks
~Aadi
Hey Aadi, please refer below :

a. From personal experience, Meguiar's Natural shine should do the job and very well. Technically, Ultimate is the latest series from Meguiar's, so more technologically advanced. And both these are easy to procure. Collinite 855 might not be easily available compared to the above two.

You may refer to the below pic, cleaned by Meguiar's Natural Shine and the front portion of the car gets easily dirty. What I am trying to say is, if the front of the car can be cleaned and stays that way for quite some time, the doors should stay clean for longer duration.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dscn2638.jpg

b. Never used Eagle one, so cannot comment on that. But used other products like Formula1, Waxpol, MotoMax, Sonax, Armorall ... Meguiar's is the BEST.

Here in Pune, the 03M showroom have stock of Meguiar's Hot Rims® All Wheel® & Tire Cleaner, Tire Foam. You can try HYD 03M showroom for either of these. If Pune showroom have these product, HYD should have or at least can get them for customer.

I have used Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance® High Gloss and it's fantastic (not sure if its available locally in India). Just for sharing ... Formula 1 blackgold also does it job well. But after few days, it turns a bit brownish on the tire on the portion just above the wheel cap. But Gold Class Endurance maintains the black color for longer duration.

--------------

EDIT : The Pune showroom have stock of Pouch Pack. You may check with HYD 03M showroom.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ml#post2933435

Last edited by AvonA7 : 17th October 2012 at 23:18. Reason: Edit ...
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 23:39   #6415
Senior - BHPian

Thanks AvonA7, you car looks amazing bro!
Mindblowing,fantabulous,show stooper...I am running out of superlataives.

I will get the Meguiars Natural Shine and the Tire Foam

Cheers
~Aadi
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 15:11   #6416
BHPian

Is there a decent Double Action Polisher available in Mumbai? I have a couple of cars and bikes, considering waxing/polishing it myself. Any chance any of them can run through the car battery power (if the car is turned on) as the chances of finding a socket nearby are a little slim
Old 20th October 2012, 14:14   #6417
BHPian

^^ You can get meguiars DA polisher for 14k. but it requires 220v for operation !!!
NOTORIOUS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:31   #6418
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried this website? How are the product listed here, I was thinking of ordering their clay bar. are there any other sources to procure clay-bar, I find it hard to make the auto-shop people understand what it is.

http://www.autofresh.in

Last edited by mercedised : 22nd October 2012 at 20:33.
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:55   #6419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Secondly, I may be getting Megs Hyperwash 100 ml sample just to try it out for foaming via Karcher Foam Nozzle, in second week of Oct. Will let you know about it.
How did the wash party go - Was the hyperwash effective and really foamed up like shaving cream ?
Old 23rd October 2012, 00:22   #6420
BHPian

Hi everybody, using colinite 845 on my black cruze but since it is wax it attracts a lot of dust. Should I coat it with amway silicone glaze after collinite?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks