Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 21:05   #6301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBig

DIESEL is used by ignorant people. Just follow the rule. Anything which is good for your face is good for your car. I hope Cranil7 you have tried washing your face with DIESEL, and if you have not faced any issue, then definitely it will not effect your car.
What is your solution to this? I guess not many faces have tar marks

Was suggested earlier on the forum that wd-40 works well and does not harm the car paint or clear coat. Will try it over the weekend
Old 24th September 2012, 21:22   #6302
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

What can I used to get rid of the black shoe marks on the doors? They really stand out in the beige interiors. I want to get rid of them asap.
Old 24th September 2012, 22:01   #6303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Experts can u tell if any side effect of using diesel.
Diesel has cleansing properties which helps in removing the tough to remove stains. Once in a while used doesn't matter but regular use of diesel to clean paint or glass surface is not recommended. It will obviously cause harm without an iota of doubt.

Preferred object for cleaning is a clay bar and it doesn't cause any harm.

Clay bar : Cleans tar spots on clear coat, glass, bonded contaminants and even water marks.

Glass cleaner (Colin) : Removes glue from glass surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBig View Post
---
Well everyone is entitled to an opinion and one should always help in correcting others but in soft spoken. Lets not be harsh.
Peace.
Old 24th September 2012, 22:19   #6304
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Diesel has cleansing properties which helps in removing the tough to remove stains. Once in a while used doesn't matter but regular use of diesel to clean paint or glass surface is not recommended. It will obviously cause harm without an iota of doubt.

Preferred object for cleaning is a clay bar and it doesn't cause any harm.

Clay bar : Cleans tar spots on clear coat, glass, bonded contaminants and even water marks.

Glass cleaner (Colin) : Removes glue from glass surface.

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion and one should always help in correcting others but in soft spoken. Lets not be harsh.
Peace.
I think Lobo you have misunderstood the comment given. I am giving you and others a guideline which I got from a big detailing company in the USA during a training session. In India, the practise of using Diesel is prevalent not only by individuals but by dealerships. The effect of diesel on paint when used in the sun is multifold. I have seen this being done by many who have their washing units in the sun. Diesel is a good solvent, but it weakens the clear coat. We have all seen what petrol does when it spills while filling our fuel tank. There is a mark left if not wiped off immediately.

If giving free advice is being harsh then so be it. At least some people will realise though cheap methods are available for different problems, that is not always the best route. I would wish those accepting diesel as a solution would scan different international car care forums and see whether that is the process being adopted rather than gracefully accepting thumb rules to be followed. These rules are not being quoted by me but experts who are in this field since the last 50 years.
Old 24th September 2012, 22:45   #6305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBig View Post
If giving free advice is being harsh then so be it. At least some people will realise though cheap methods are available for different problems, that is not always the best route. I would wish those accepting diesel as a solution would scan different international car care forums and see whether that is the process being adopted rather than gracefully accepting thumb rules to be followed. These rules are not being quoted by me but experts who are in this field since the last 50 years.
I, 100% agree with you on the above points and they are very valid. I would never use diesel on my car no matter the given circumstances. I wouldn't want diesel chewing through the clear coat and resulting in a matt finish.

But this being India, only proper detailing car centre's use clay bar otherwise all of them resort to diesel. We bhpians could be a small change agent and stop using diesel for cleaning. But sometimes sourcing diesel is way too easy then getting a clay bar and a lubricant for it.

ThinkBig you should sometime elaborate more about your training session in US which would be very helpful for all and appreciated by many.
Old 25th September 2012, 02:42   #6306
Distinguished - BHPian

You know, I'd completely forgotten, that drivers of diesel cars back in UK take great care to keep it off their paintwork. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:16   #6307
BHPian

I have ordered following stuff from amazon

1). Klasse Kit (Includes AIO, HGS, Cobra 2 x MF Cloth, 2 x Wax Applicator, 2 x MF Applicator)
2). Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
3). Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit
4). Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish
5). Chemical Guys UnderCarriage Spray and Detailer

Waiting for these items to reach me through my friend, then I will be starting my next detailing session...
Old 25th September 2012, 13:07   #6308
Senior - BHPian

^^

That is some list TopSpeeder. Kudos to your enthusiasm and your determination to maintain your car like new (or even better!)

I had a detailing session on my car this sunday (Jopasu wipe -> washing using washdrops No Rinse -> Meguiars QD -> Meguiars Ultimate Polish -> Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax -> Cleaned alloys -> Meguiars Interior wipes to restore interiors). It was a 3 hour herculean effort and at the end car was shining like new (only the tyres were a sore point and also the underbelly as its still muddy from the rains). To this min almost every muscle is still aching from the effort!
But it was all worth it as the surface is super smooth now! Every morning I use the Jopasu duster to wipe and now I can feel now how it is just gliding. Wiping has become effortless!
Old 25th September 2012, 18:22   #6309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
^^

That is some list TopSpeeder. Kudos to your enthusiasm and your determination to maintain your car like new (or even better!)

I had a detailing session on my car this sunday (Jopasu wipe -> washing using washdrops No Rinse -> Meguiars QD -> Meguiars Ultimate Polish -> Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax -> Cleaned alloys -> Meguiars Interior wipes to restore interiors). It was a 3 hour herculean effort and at the end car was shining like new (only the tyres were a sore point and also the underbelly as its still muddy from the rains). To this min almost every muscle is still aching from the effort!
But it was all worth it as the surface is super smooth now! Every morning I use the Jopasu duster to wipe and now I can feel now how it is just gliding. Wiping has become effortless!
Thanks, Will update once I get the shipment.

Also post some pics of your detailing.
I know how hard to maintain Vento Shadow Blue
Old 25th September 2012, 18:38   #6310
Senior - BHPian

While I enjoy bird photography and to an extent bird watching, they clearly don't seem to like my car be clean. Look what they did to the poor thing when parked under a tree for 6+hours!

It was 11pm when dad got back home and I saw this! Initially, thought I'll use ONR+MF+water and get rid of it, but looking at the amount of bird dropping and the fact that it had dried, decided to give it a wash.

While drying the car I noticed the bird poop had left behind marks which wouldn't go even after a shampoo wash. Does it mean that the poop ate through the paint sealant and onto the clear coat ?
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-poop1.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-poop2.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-poop3.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-poop4.jpg  

Old 25th September 2012, 20:34   #6311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
While I enjoy bird photography and to an extent bird watching, they clearly don't seem to like my car be clean. Look what they did to the poor thing when parked under a tree for 6+hours!

It was 11pm when dad got back home and I saw this! Initially, thought I'll use ONR+MF+water and get rid of it, but looking at the amount of bird dropping and the fact that it had dried, decided to give it a wash.

While drying the car I noticed the bird poop had left behind marks which wouldn't go even after a shampoo wash. Does it mean that the poop ate through the paint sealant and onto the clear coat ?
Poop cant eat through clear coat so fast. Its just the acidic residue of the poop which is strong enough to bond to the CC thats resulted in those marks. Try Vinegar in 1:1 with water.Soak a MF dipped in this solution and allow it to rest for sometime over the spots and then try to wipe them off.If that does not work out then Ultimate compound will be your best bet.

BTW Happy Detailing
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 21:54   #6312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Poop cant eat through clear coat so fast. Its just the acidic residue of the poop which is strong enough to bond to the CC thats resulted in those marks. Try Vinegar in 1:1 with water.Soak a MF dipped in this solution and allow it to rest for sometime over the spots and then try to wipe them off.If that does not work out then Ultimate compound will be your best bet.

BTW Happy Detailing
Thanks mate! In that case,looks like the paint sealant did its job and protected the paint. Will try out the vinegar+water combo, if that doesn't work will have to wait till November to get my hands on UC
Old 25th September 2012, 21:58   #6313
BHPian

^^ You can also use a locally available sonax polish to remove that stain , it contains light abrasives which will do the job perfectly !!
Old 25th September 2012, 21:59   #6314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

Thanks mate! In that case,looks like the paint sealant did its job and protected the paint. Will try out the vinegar+water combo, if that doesn't work will have to wait till November to get my hands on UC
Try claying once. Maybe it can remove those stains
Old 25th September 2012, 22:10   #6315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I have ordered following stuff from amazon

1). Klasse Kit (Includes AIO, HGS, Cobra 2 x MF Cloth, 2 x Wax Applicator, 2 x MF Applicator)
2). Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
3). Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit
4). Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish
5). Chemical Guys UnderCarriage Spray and Detailer

Waiting for these items to reach me through my friend, then I will be starting my next detailing session...
Manickam, just one word WOW!. You certainly are very passionate about detailing and it shows. Do let us know when the shipment arrives and you give the products a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Seems to be a war between birds and das auto and birds won by 1 : 0.

You should use ONR in QD form 1:16(ONR:Water) and spray it over the paint profusely and wait for sometime and again spray all over again. Wipe off with a clean MF and all the stains should go.

I too park my black vento in open for 7 hrs and some how some birds do poo over it and due to heat it all gets baked very hard. I follow the same process as above after coming back and see to that all of is removed.

Since bird poo is very very acidic and starts chewing through clear coat as soon as it falls on the paint. Always advised to have it removed ASAP for better life of paint.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks