Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:24   #9046
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Finally, got bit by the detailing bug!
Hi RiGOD,

As you haven't posted the picture of your car, Would suggest you to first visit a detailing center to sort out the anomalies if any. It may include a thorough wash, claying, waxing, application of sealant etc. This will help you get back the glossy look to a good extent.

Then comes the weekly maintenance part. Wash you car with Proklear solution once a week. Other days, just get the dirt off by using the Jopasu duster.

Regards,
Ketan
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:49   #9047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
As you haven't posted the picture of your car, Would suggest you to first visit a detailing center to sort out the anomalies if any. It may include a thorough wash, claying, waxing, application of sealant etc. This will help you get back the glossy look to a good extent. Then comes the weekly maintenance part. Wash you car with Proklear solution once a week. Other days, just get the dirt off by using the Jopasu duster.
Thanks for the quick response but I'm not planning to take her to any detailing center, simply because its not VFM as DIY and I prefer taking care of her on my own

@Fellow BHPians : Could I get some some genuine suggestions on my above queries guys?
Old 2nd January 2015, 19:44   #9048
Senior - BHPian

My Dzire has developed spots on the lower part of the rear door and the running board. They are absolutely flush with the paint i.e. when running my finger over it, I cannot feel it. Tried car shampoo no joy, kerosene again no effect whatsoever. Anything short of rubbing compound? Or would clay do the trick? A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150102_144451.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150102_144511.jpg
Old 2nd January 2015, 20:30   #9049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
My Dzire has developed spots on the lower part of the rear door and the running board. They are absolutely flush with the paint i.e. when running my finger over it, I cannot feel it. Tried car shampoo no joy, kerosene again no effect whatsoever. Anything short of rubbing compound? Or would clay do the trick? Attachment 1323602

Attachment 1323603
Clay should work on these spots. Since they are not shifting with kerosene, maybe you'll need some aggressive clay to clear them.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 21:13   #9050
BHPian

My car had a small touch-no-go kind of situation with a school van earlier today, There are no scratches of any kind just a small thin line of yellow paint which is gone after I was done with rubbing compound. But there's a faint streak of a yellow line on the panel which almost looks like its embedded with the paint. Its not a scratch at all but feels like a part of the paint now, so How do I go about removing it?
Old 3rd January 2015, 16:12   #9051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Clay should work on these spots. Since they are not shifting with kerosene, maybe you'll need some aggressive clay to clear them.
No joy with the clay (Mothers). It just glides over the stains. Any more suggestions?
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:36   #9052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
No joy with the clay (Mothers). It just glides over the stains. Any more suggestions?
I use Meguiar's Aggressive Clay. However that will be an overkill for your problem since it costs around Rs 26xx. Not sure about any other brands though.

If you can't feel it with your fingertips, I'm 95% sure even rubbing compound will not be able to remove them. you'll only end up thinning the paint around those areas.
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:22   #9053
Senior - BHPian

Guys just discovered a Detailing guy at Cadel road. i was just passing by and saw this fellow pressure washing a car. I was in my Fortuner which was quoted at 8k by anbother detailer whom i usually go to. This guy said sir ill do it for under 4k. which includes washing under body included, interior washing and cleaning, boot,engine bay and machine waxing....i think its a very very decent price. Im gonna give him my City to see what he does out of it and then will decide on my other cars. Anyone know of this guy? Gto u aware of this guy? hes one signal before the Kirti college signal on your RHS as you drive from Shivaji Park to Siddhi Vinayak Temple.
Will post details and pics when i give him my car and ask him for a special rate for TBH-pians so we dont have to bargain!!
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:34   #9054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I was in my Fortuner which was quoted at 8k by anbother detailer whom i usually go to. This guy said sir ill do it for under 4k.
Quality and price, don't go hand in hand. Check first which all products the two of them are using and then do a compare. Just because 8K is expensive doesn't mean he is not good.

Otherwise try 3M, standard rates and products used.
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:42   #9055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Quality and price, don't go hand in hand. Check first which all products the two of them are using and then do a compare. Just because 8K is expensive doesn't mean he is not good.

Otherwise try 3M, standard rates and products used.
You didnt read my post properly, im not saying the 8k guy is not good, i go to him all the time, which i mentioned and hes more expensive by at least 1k, but his work is superlative. HE gives me 1k off his regular price because ive been going to him and i keep recommending him coz hes one of the best. You go to him if you want to rejuvenate your car that looks haggard. If your car is already good hes not gonna give you a discount so why spend double.

They use similar products. maybe this guy is cheaper because hes yet unknown or very new. I stay around this area and have never seen him before. just because hes cheaper also does not mean he uses bad products.

Id rather take my car to detailers rather than they cone home because at their place, they pressure wash and dry the car which is not possible at ones own place.
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:59   #9056
BHPian

Quote:
This guy said sir ill do it for under 4k. which includes washing under body included, interior washing and cleaning, boot,engine bay and machine waxing....i think its a very very decent price.
I am shocked to see the price. 4K sounds too much for this. 3M, for example, charges Rs 1500 for a service called UV protect. This includes all the services you have mentioned (interior + exterior).

Not sure if there is a difference between the prices in Hyd and Mumbai, but the post here has the prices in Hyd.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ml#post3586352

Again, I am not sure if I am missing something, but 4k for a car wash + machine waxing sounds exorbitant.
Old 3rd January 2015, 21:05   #9057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I am shocked to see the price. 4K sounds too much for this. 3M, for example, charges Rs 1500 for a service called UV protect. This includes all the services you have mentioned (interior + exterior).

Not sure if there is a difference between the prices in Hyd and Mumbai, but the post here has the prices in Hyd.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ml#post3586352

Again, I am not sure if I am missing something, but 4k for a car wash + machine waxing sounds exorbitant.

1500/- are you sure?
well usually this is priced at 8-9 k for a large car. The City would be im guessing, around 3k.
the services include cleaning, washing, detailing, interior including boot, engine bay wheels rims etc etc and wax polishing and buffing (shining). they usually keep the car for half a dsy with prior appointment. A fortuner/pajero would cost 8k at least. 3M charges only 2500 for a steam wash and only 1800/- fr an interior cleaning only. so there some problem in your pricing im sure.
Old 3rd January 2015, 21:28   #9058
BHPian

Quote:
the services include cleaning, washing, detailing, interior including boot, engine bay wheels rims etc etc and wax polishing and buffing (shining). they usually keep the car for half a dsy with prior appointment. A fortuner/pajero would cost 8k at least. 3M charges only 2500 for a steam wash and only 1800/- fr an interior cleaning only. so there some problem in your pricing im sure.
Okay. Now you have mentioned 'detailing'. Does this include sanding, rubbing, polishing, and claying. Then 4k sounds like a steal.

The prices are from the manager of the 3M store in Hyd. I am 100% sure about these prices.
Old 3rd January 2015, 22:07   #9059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You didnt read my post properly, im not saying the 8k guy is not good, i go to him all the time, which i mentioned and hes more expensive by at least 1k, but his work is superlative. HE gives me 1k off his regular price because ive been going to him and i keep recommending him coz hes one of the best. You go to him if you want to rejuvenate your car that looks haggard. If your car is already good hes not gonna give you a discount so why spend double.

They use similar products. maybe this guy is cheaper because hes yet unknown or very new. I stay around this area and have never seen him before. just because hes cheaper also does not mean he uses bad products.

Id rather take my car to detailers rather than they cone home because at their place, they pressure wash and dry the car which is not possible at ones own place.
Check what all steps he does for 4k. A proper detailing should include washing, claying, compounding, polishing and sealant. If he is doing all this for 4k then it's a red flag. Don't expect high quality.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 18:39   #9060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I brought home a litre of Formula1 super concentrated Wash and wax solution about a couple of months back. Formula 1

I 've used it for about 4 washes so far. I must say am really impressed with the product. The liquid is very thick and viscous. It removes bug and insect marks on the front bumper almost immediately on contact and cleans the car really effectively. Also the car is really shining after the wash as if it was wax polished. So far I was using Sonax car wash solution. But this is something else.

Attaching a few pics of my 3 1/2 yr old, 67K Kms run Laura after a wash with Formula 1 super concentrate. My photography skills are limited so the pictures don't do much justice.

I too bought the formula 1 wash and wax liquid but I was not able to see any foam even after pouring 4 caps of the solution in a small bucket. Even when washing the car there were no foam. It was like just plain water. Whereas my sonic car shampoo gives me so much of foam that you need lot of water to wash it off.

Could you please share if you got enough foam using this product or is it due to the wax stuff that it is not giving much foam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks