Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2014, 21:38   #9001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancinstallion View Post
I thought orbital polisher is for experienced while DA is for amateurs..
Orbital polisher and DA are the same.

The other kind is rotary
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:29   #9002
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Orbital polisher and DA are the same.

The other kind is rotary
I stand corrected.

cheers,
Old 4th December 2014, 21:22   #9003
BHPian

For non-metallic white colour, should I use sealant or wax? A friend has recommended the Turtle Wax Platinum series precision wax. Can I go ahead with this?
Old 4th December 2014, 21:57   #9004
Distinguished - BHPian

Jopasu wash mitt review

So, i was getting bored with my Meguiars wash mitt and wanted to try something new. Mind you, the megs wash mitt was doing an excellent job even after close to 4 years of usage. Stumbled upon a post about Jopasu wash mitt by one of the members here and hence decided to try it out.

The size is bit larger than megs and seems to be made up of synthetic wool. Looks good and feels better. However the dirt lifting capacity as well sudsing action are poor. It was not even to remove slightly sticky dirt which the megs would have done with ease. Also it has a bad propensity to trap particles which wont go even if you rinse the mitt. A perfect recipe for scratches.

Verdict - AVOID! Unlike the Jopasu duster which is an excellent product this one is not good enough for someone who has used good quality mitts.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 22:14   #9005
BHPian

Re: Jopasu wash mitt review

Quote:
Verdict - AVOID! Unlike the Jopasu duster which is an excellent product this one is not good enough for someone who has used good quality mitts.
Thanks for the review I am glad I ordered the Meguiars wash mitt already.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:45   #9006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancinstallion View Post
Anyone in Hyderabad who can lend me good quality DA polisher for a day?
I have a Dewalt rotary that I can lend if you have appetite to try it out. PM me if you are interested.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:53   #9007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I kind of agree.

I had ordered one after I left the Meguiars mitt at my hometown and this one felt a lot heavier after immersing it in water! I was completely exhausted after wiping just one side down. For a very dirty car ridden with hard grime and dirt, this may not be useful but works for a normal dusty car which can be dusted using Jopasu's duster and washed later on. And better than the cheap cloth gloves sold on eBay as mitts.

Will have to get my Meguiars mitt shipped from home. For now, I am relying on the basic car wash centers for a wash during the weekend.
Old 5th December 2014, 13:06   #9008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
I have a Dewalt rotary that I can lend if you have appetite to try it out. PM me if you are interested.
Thanks mate..I am not experienced enough to lay my hands on a rotary given how tricky it could be. However, if you could suggest me a place where I can get it done..that would be great.

There are some deep scratches and cuts which may need rotary application..my search for an experienced pair of hands continues..
Old 6th December 2014, 13:56   #9009
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
I've been out of sync with the world of detailing for the past couple of years. I need to order new products and have started with Ultima paint guard plus. I don't have the time and patience to detail the car like you guys do, so I won't be ordering clay bars.

I do have a few microfibre towels, wash mitts, Colinite 945, Ultimate quick detailer, some interior cleaners, wheel and tire cleaners (all from Bringinbest guys). So can you help me with the bare minimum I would need to order?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 6th December 2014 at 13:58.
Old 6th December 2014, 14:17   #9010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I don't have the time and patience to detail the car like you guys do, so I won't be ordering clay bars.
Exactly the reason why you should get Ultima elastrofoam. Can clay the whole car in less than 2 hours. What's the point in applying costly waxes and sealant if the paint is contaminated.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 20:05   #9011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly the reason why you should get Ultima elastrofoam. Can clay the whole car in less than 2 hours. What's the point in applying costly waxes and sealant if the paint is contaminated.
Hi Sagar
Yeah, I agree with you. The only reason I chose ultima on account of the feedback you guys posted here.
So let ask you, what else do I need incase I get Elastrofoam and paint guard. BTW, is this the elastrofoam you mentioned?

Alternatively, if not these 2 then which other products would you recommend a occasional detailer like me?

Thanks

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 6th December 2014 at 20:09.
Old 6th December 2014, 20:43   #9012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi Sagar
Yeah, I agree with you. The only reason I chose ultima on account of the feedback you guys posted here.
So let ask you, what else do I need incase I get Elastrofoam and paint guard. BTW, is this the elastrofoam you mentioned?

Alternatively, if not these 2 then which other products would you recommend a occasional detailer like me?

Thanks
You need a clay lube. ONR, Ultima waterless wash plus concentrate are good clay lubes which can double up as quick detailer as well for the occasional cleaning. If you are not Interested in purchasing a clay lube then you can use car wash soap with water also as one.

Yes that is the elastrofoam. However it's available for cheaper on eBay. Check it out.

You have sufficient items in your arsenal. No need for any other stuff. Mix and match and enjoy the results. With detailing there is no limit to what I can buy. So it makes sense to use what you have and enjoy from it
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 09:02   #9013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need a clay lube. ONR, Ultima waterless wash plus concentrate are good clay lubes which can double up as quick detailer as well for the occasional cleaning. If you are not Interested in purchasing a clay lube then you can use car wash soap with water also as one.

Yes that is the elastrofoam. However it's available for cheaper on eBay. Check it out.

You have sufficient items in your arsenal. No need for any other stuff. Mix and match and enjoy the results. With detailing there is no limit to what I can buy. So it makes sense to use what you have and enjoy from it
Thanks so much buddy! Yeah, I raided my storage last night and found I have Megs quick detailer, one more Megs polish among others. So I'm sorted.

Thanks for the ebay tip, will check it out and order from there.

Regards
Old 7th December 2014, 11:56   #9014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
I ordered the Meguiars wash mitt already.
May i know from where? I checked BB, Autofresh and snapdeal. They don't have them now.
Old 7th December 2014, 12:20   #9015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
May i know from where? I checked BB, Autofresh and snapdeal. They don't have them now.
shopclues
Got it for 777/- including shipping after applying a 100 rs coupon code
wishnipon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks