Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 18:10   #8971
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I've used Meg's and found the same effective, but literally drilled a hole in my pocket as the bottle gets finished quite fast. Better go for Sonus, or even Amway. About the interval of washing, make sure you wash your ride atleast twice a month.
Thanks RiGOD.

Is it Sonus or Sonax? I see that Sonus is an imported US brand and cost around Rs.850 for 250 ml (if I got the conversion right, listed as 8 oz) in detailedclean.in which is costlier than even Meguiar which costs only around Rs. 570 for 530ml bottle. Sonax on the otherhand costs only Rs.388 for 1000ml bottle.

Other options are 3M and Formula 1. 3M, Meguiar and Formula1 are in the same league in terms of pricing and Sonax and sonus at both ends of the spectrum.

Sonax --------------------------------------- 1000ml ------------- Rs.388/-
3M car shampoo ---------------------------- 500ml -------------- Rs.345/-
Formula 1 - Carnauba Wash & Wax ------- 473ml -------------- Rs.388/-
Meguiar Nxt Car Wash --------------------- 530ml --------------- Rs.570/-
Sonus --------------------------------------- 8 0z (250ml) ------- Rs. 850/-

Can any of you please reply which one is the best option considering the prices? I got the pricing from detailedclean.in, autofresh.in and snapdeal.com. Please also let me know if there are any other good sites that I should check/compare prices in.

Also which wash mitt should I use? I see meguiars micro fibre wash mitt for Rs. 820/- and Formula 1 super wash mitt for Rs. 395/- or is there any other good options?

Last edited by vjjustin : 25th November 2014 at 18:15.
vjjustin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 18:39   #8972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Thanks RiGOD.

Is it Sonus or Sonax? I see that Sonus is an imported US brand and cost around Rs.850 for 250 ml (if I got the conversion right, listed as 8 oz) in detailedclean.in which is costlier than even Meguiar which costs only around Rs. 570 for 530ml bottle. Sonax on the otherhand costs only Rs.388 for 1000ml bottle.

Other options are 3M and Formula 1. 3M, Meguiar and Formula1 are in the same league in terms of pricing and Sonax and sonus at both ends of the spectrum.

Sonax --------------------------------------- 1000ml ------------- Rs.388/-
3M car shampoo ---------------------------- 500ml -------------- Rs.345/-
Formula 1 - Carnauba Wash & Wax ------- 473ml -------------- Rs.388/-
Meguiar Nxt Car Wash --------------------- 530ml --------------- Rs.570/-
Sonus --------------------------------------- 8 0z (250ml) ------- Rs. 850/-

Can any of you please reply which one is the best option considering the prices? I got the pricing from detailedclean.in, autofresh.in and snapdeal.com. Please also let me know if there are any other good sites that I should check/compare prices in.

Also which wash mitt should I use? I see meguiars micro fibre wash mitt for Rs. 820/- and Formula 1 super wash mitt for Rs. 395/- or is there any other good options?
Get the sonax gloss shampoo 1 ltr. Has good cleaning abilities and will not burn a hole in your pocket. I would not suggest megs or amway.

For wash mitt, get meguiars wash mitt. After using a few different ones have found this to be the best.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 18:49   #8973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would not suggest megs or amway.
I agree with the former, but why not Amway mate? I've been using the same for the last couple of months and found it to be pretty good. Any specific reason for not recommending it? Like long term effects or something?
Old 25th November 2014, 20:04   #8974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I agree with the former, but why not Amway mate? I've been using the same for the last couple of months and found it to be pretty good. Any specific reason for not recommending it? Like long term effects or something?
I did not suggest amway because of its lack of stubborn dirt loosening abilities. It is good if the car is not so dirty with just dust and minor grime. If the car returns from a highway drive with all the bug guts splattered and stubborn tree sap then amway hardly has any effect.

If the car is too dirty then i use Sonax Extreme Active 2 In 1. Which is a very strong shampoo and can weaken LSP. For light cleaning i use Dodo Juice BTBM, Amway.

Also WRT wash mitts, i used those chenile finger type ones,meguiars micro fiber wash mitt and now Jopasu wash mitt. Found the Megs to be the best. Jopasu is just average.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 20:37   #8975
Distinguished - BHPian

Carpro REFLECT polish review

CarPro REFLECT

Wanted a new tech finishing polish. After a short search and review of Autogeek and Detailing World forums, decided that CarPro Reflect should be the one i should buy.

Placed an order with Ultimate Detailerz and was delivered quick a few weeks ago. Got to try it only last weekend. Used it with a grey/black LC pad with rotary @ 1000 RPM. And i was very impressed with the result.

Reflect was able to remove the minor swirls easily. But what impressed me most are 3 things

1. The ability to make the flake pop - This polish brings out the metallic flakes from the paint and makes the paint look like a million bucks

2. Quantity required - No need to prime the pad. Just four small drops the first time and 3 after that for every section. Can do 10 cars of i20 size with a bottle.

3. Working time - Unlike other finishing Polish which have a long work time which aids jeweling, Reflect has a short work time. The polish being a DAT(Diminishing Abrasive Technology) will need to be worked to break down the abrasives.However the polish breaks down in 4-5 panel passes. Wiping off is easy peasy and wipes off without any effort! No Dusting also!

Few pics
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-1.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-2.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-3.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-4.jpg
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 11:40   #8976
Distinguished - BHPian

Which is the best spray to maintain rubber beading? Especially the sunroof area where the rubber can get very squeaky at times.

I have tried using WD40 on the rubber parts in the past and it does temporarily make them softer however I don't know how this will affect the rubber in the long run.I am hoping to find something that keeps the rubber healthy and not crack.
Old 26th November 2014, 12:32   #8977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Which is the best spray to maintain rubber beading? Especially the sunroof area where the rubber can get very squeaky at times.

I have tried using WD40 on the rubber parts in the past and it does temporarily make them softer however I don't know how this will affect the rubber in the long run.I am hoping to find something that keeps the rubber healthy and not crack.
One product is 303 Aerospace Protectant.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 13:29   #8978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
One product is 303 Aerospace Protectant.
Is this product available in India? I see amazing reviews of this product online. But not sure where can I buy this.
Old 26th November 2014, 13:36   #8979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would not suggest megs or amway.
Is Armorall in the same league as Meguiars and others or need not be thought of. Reason I am asking is that I am currently using the Armorall ultrashine wash and wax for the once a week cleaning. And the bottle is about to exhaust. I have seen the shampoo work good on the car.

A general question to all:
1) The wash mitts currently available on e-bay, snapdeal or Amazon - the coloured ones. Are they good to be used or branded mits are recommended.
2) After the wash I am planning to use Armorall butter wax - Is this recommended? or I stick to the spray detailing like Meguiars wax sprays?
3) For point 2 when I apply wax, Should I use an applicator pad or use the normal microfibre to apply?
Old 26th November 2014, 14:27   #8980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Is this product available in India? I see amazing reviews of this product online. But not sure where can I buy this.
I have seen it on bringingbest's website a few months ago.

Do note that the price is quite high though.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 15:29   #8981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
It is available through bringing best. It is a good product and does its job well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is Armorall in the same league as Meguiars and others or need not be thought of. Reason I am asking is that I am currently using the Armorall ultrashine wash and wax for the once a week cleaning. And the bottle is about to exhaust. I have seen the shampoo work good on the car.

A general question to all:
1) The wash mitts currently available on e-bay, snapdeal or Amazon - the coloured ones. Are they good to be used or branded mits are recommended.
2) After the wash I am planning to use Armorall butter wax - Is this recommended? or I stick to the spray detailing like Meguiars wax sprays?
3) For point 2 when I apply wax, Should I use an applicator pad or use the normal microfibre to apply?
Armour All is notch below Megs. Megs makes some really good products also along with their basic ones

If you want a good shampoo get the Sonax gloss shampoo. Its very good . 1 litre will last a long time .

1. For wash mitt i have found meguiars microfiber wash mitt to be the best among the few i have used until now. You wont go wrong with it.

2. Depends. if you are not too much into detailing or dont want to spend too much time get a spray wax. It wont last you more than a couple of weeks for sure. If you are willing to spend a little more time then get a clay bar/elastrofoam and a easy to apply wax like Megs NXT, ultimate paste wax. Applying a wax, even a spray wax for that matter, on a decontaminated paint surface makes it last longer.

3. Again depends on wax to wax. Sealants are better applied with a foam applicator whereas some waxes spread better on MF pads. Depending on what you buy we can tell you what applicator to get.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 26th November 2014 at 15:37.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 13:34   #8982
BHPian

Jopasu Car Shampoo : Product Review

Dear All,

Over the last so many years I have used quite a many different car products. Recently, I was using Maguiars Car shampoo. Frankly speaking I was not so happy with the outcome and also wanted to try something else. So, had a plan to try out Wurth's shampoo, I was about to buy it but then I came across Jopasu Car shampoo. The brand name was very well versed but not all the product as such. Till date I knew only couple of products from Jopasu which were Jopasu Car duster and glass cleaner. I was really impressed with the outcome of both these products. Hence this time decided to try Jopasu Shampoo. So, went ahead bought Jopasu Wash n Wax Shapoo.

I am using this shampoo from last 1 month on my car and bikes and I must admit that I am really impressed by this product. My observations are as follows,
- It doesnt leave any kind of residue on the glass
- Generates lot of foam which is really good
- Smells nice
- Does clean the dirt very well
- it also leave fine wax coating kind of a thing on the surface
- Even small quantity does wonders
- Very well priced

For more information please visit following website
http://www.jopasu.com/products.html#...lity-Product-U

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-500400c136.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-shampoonxtgenerationcarwashmeguiars13885mlb203228930_8113o.jpg

sharing the pics of my car after a quick wash at FASS. I had asked them to use JOPASU shampoo which I luckily carrying with me.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20141017_155304.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20141017_155315.jpg

Last edited by me@fiat : 29th November 2014 at 13:36.
me@fiat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 13:59   #8983
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Shampoo : Product Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
So, went ahead bought Jopasu Wash n Wax Shampoo.
Did you buy it from the Jopasu site or from some other website?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 29th November 2014, 14:11   #8984
D C
BHPian

Thanks for the review, me@fiat. I have used Formula 1 Carnauba Wash and Wax and had good results. Have you used it yet?

Also, when car shampoos are out of stock, Clinic Plus, Head & Shoulders or the like would come handy
Old 29th November 2014, 16:16   #8985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Did you buy it from the Jopasu site or from some other website?

Cheers,
Vikram
I picked it up from the factory itself. They also specifically mentioned that they have many online vendors, which can deliver the product directly to us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks