Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 10:30   #8836
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What exactly is ceramic coating? Which brand and product is this?

If the plastic of the instrument cluster is available as a spare it would work out cheaper and better replacing it than looking to restore it
It's from a company called car pro. Check out www.cquartz.com for details. I ll be posting better pictures as soon as the weather clears up a bit.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:28   #8837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
It's from a company called car pro. Check out www.cquartz.com for details. I ll be posting better pictures as soon as the weather clears up a bit.
Ok. I know about CQuartz well . Was not able to link the ceramic coating to it. BTW, such coatings are also know as glass coatings

Where did you get this done in mumbai?
Old 4th September 2014, 17:22   #8838
BHPian

Quote:

Ok. I know about CQuartz well . Was not able to link the ceramic coating to it. BTW, such coatings are also know as glass coatings

Actually I stay in Kalyan. I got it done from wash and more detailers in Kalyan.
Old 4th September 2014, 18:12   #8839
BHPian

Quote:

This is the bottle. One bottle is enough for one car.
Attached Images

urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 19:12   #8840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
got ceramic coating for my honda city recently
Using CQuartz Ceramic Coating or something else? Details appreciated. Tks

Edit - Didn't notice the updates. Please if you don't mind, can you share the cost of detailing. I'm trying to compare the cost of buying the bottle versus getting it detailed. If you don't want to share the cost public, please PM. Thanks

Last edited by aargee : 4th September 2014 at 19:14.
Old 4th September 2014, 19:39   #8841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Using CQuartz Ceramic Coating or something else? Details appreciated. Tks

Edit - Didn't notice the updates. Please if you don't mind, can you share the cost of detailing. I'm trying to compare the cost of buying the bottle versus getting it detailed. If you don't want to share the cost public, please PM. Thanks
The entire detailing plus ceramic coating cost me about 13 thousand. I also got my windshield polished and buffed and interiors cleaned and vacummed in the same cost.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 19:59   #8842
Senior - BHPian

@urban legend I second the request for info on the c-quartz ceramic coating. Could you share the cost, as well as pics of your car? It's something I'm sure a lot of us would like to see.
Old 4th September 2014, 20:03   #8843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
@urban legend I second the request for info on the c-quartz ceramic coating. Could you share the cost, as well as pics of your car? It's something I'm sure a lot of us would like to see.
I ll post nice pics as soon as it stops raining.
Old 5th September 2014, 18:56   #8844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The entire detailing plus ceramic coating...cleaned and vacummed in the same cost.
Thank you; I'll better buy the product & use it myself, will work out very economical
Old 5th September 2014, 19:42   #8845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you; I'll better buy the product & use it myself, will work out very economical
Applying it also needs a lot of practice. Otherwise you may end up not being able to cover the entire car in 30ml.if you are looking at learning then get a 50ml bottle so that even if you use more you will still be able to cover the car.

Also, I hope you know, that applying cquartz is very different from applying normal sealant. The surface has to be surgically clean of all the contaminants and polishing oils. You need to use iron x tar x and Iso propyl alcohol.
Old 5th September 2014, 19:45   #8846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Applying it also needs a lot of practice. Otherwise you may end up not being able to cover the entire car in 30ml.if you are looking at learning then get a 50ml bottle so that even if you use more you will still be able to cover the car
Motorcycle Sir

I didn't know the difference between Waxpol wax & a polish in 1997. Everything is learning & practice in life, I will eventually be there

Quote:
If only it were that easy. It's not your regular polish, screwing it up could lead to your car's paint having a cloudy finish. Fixing that would be even more expensive!
Thank you, I'll keep this in mind

Last edited by aargee : 5th September 2014 at 19:47.
Old 5th September 2014, 19:45   #8847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If only it were that easy. It's not your regular polish, screwing it up could lead to your car's paint having a cloudy finish. Fixing that would be even more expensive! Best leave it to a professional
Old 5th September 2014, 20:12   #8848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Motorcycle Sir

I didn't know the difference between Waxpol wax & a polish in 1997. Everything is learning & practice in life, I will eventually be there

I know you will. But just gave you a heads up. Coating applied on even a slightly contaminated surface will not last more than couple of months. Better have all the knowledge than be sorry.

There are even instances where professional detailers cut corners in preparation of the surface to keep costs low in the highly competitive market leading coating failures.

Quote:
If only it were that easy. It's not your regular polish, screwing it up could lead to your car's paint having a cloudy finish. Fixing that would be even more expensive! Best leave it to a professional
Cquartz is one of the most forgiving coatings out there. It does not flash quickly and can be removed easily. You can do the whole car and then come back after a beer and start buffing. Surface preparation is the key. Note that cquartz UK is meant for colder climates and does flash quickly. Suitable in India only in winter. With UK edition you have to take it panel by panel
Old 8th September 2014, 18:59   #8849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know you will. But just gave you...than couple of months. Better have all the knowledge than be sorry.
Ok, Thanks. Hopefully my little experience with tarx & claying comes handy when prepping the surface.
Old 13th September 2014, 16:11   #8850
Senior - BHPian

MESTO Foamer 1.5 litre for alkaline (EPDM)

After searching for quite a while for an affordable manual foamer in India, I bought the Mesto Foamer from I4detailing UK last month.

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/cgi-bin...2ehtml#a3132FE

This is the alkaline safe version, and not suitable for acidic liquids.

Payment was via paypal, and the entire transaction was smooth.
However, I had placed the order on a saturday, and it was only on the next monday that I received a confirmation email.

Delivery was fast by international standards as the item was delivered in 10-11 days using royal mail and India post.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20140823_155601.jpg

I have been raring to try it out for the past few weeks, except something or the other came in the way.

Finally got a chance to use it today.

Now my car is in a state of mess at this moment, with swirls, scratches and other paint imperfections all over.
So decided to strip all wax / sealant using dish soap, wetsand the entire car, and restore the original shine panel by panel. But the sanding discs are still en route, so could not start with the same today.

Started by using 100 ml of dish soap in the bottle and added a liter of water. (In hindsight, 1/10 of the dish soap would have been more than enough!)

Pumped till I felt there was a fair amount of pressure buildup (20-25 pumps) and then sprayed on all over the dry car!

On full pressure , the foams are wonderfully atomized and a even spray is achieved. Once the pressure starts going down, it becomes more of a stream of foam.

1 liter of diluted shampoo should be enough for 2 small hatchbacks.

A short video of the same:

The foam is thick and clingy, and stays on for 2-3 minutes before it starts to disintegrate.
I plan to go ahead and experiment with different shampoos and different dilutions.

Immediately after foaming, I used my pressure washer to wash down the entire car, and then wiped it dry with microfiber towel.

That was all for today as I plan to start with wetsanding next week.
blackasta is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks