Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:30   #8701
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

I just sprayed the Oblitarate and it immediately started acting:

I took a small sponge and just moved it over the splattered stains just once very lightly without putting any pressure. All the tough stains just vanished.
Aren't such strong chemicals harmful for your Wax/Sealant coating & the paint as well?
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:11   #8702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Will polishing of some sorts help remove fine scratches off the body of a car?
You can use Meguiars Ultimate Compound. Apply some on the applicator and start applying/buffing on the scratches till the compound gets cleared. The fine scratches will vanish. Do not forget to post your DIY.
dre@ms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:12   #8703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Aren't such strong chemicals harmful for your Wax/Sealant coating & the paint as well?
Yes, they strip wax and sealants. You have to always top with wax/sealant once its appiled. However they don't harm paint. They are clear coat safe. They can be used even on glass too.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 08:54   #8704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Bro, I wash the windshield, only, with surf excel. Nothing else comes close to being cheap and effective
Just clay the glass regularly with appropriate (depends on the brand you use) lubricant. Clay completely removes persistent and diesel and other sticky residue, leaving the glass clear.
Replace wiper blades and then keep wipers clean. Alcohol on a little cotton is helpful.

Monsoon time will become the best time to drive.
Old 6th July 2014, 09:50   #8705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Has anyone used Proklear waterless wash on their cars. I live in a very dusty place. Will cleaning with a Jopasu duster every day or two and using proklear once a week be OK for my car. I wonder if these waterless wash products damage the paint or coating in the long run.
I was looking at this product

http://www.ebay.in/itm?itemId=161324078272
I bought the pro klear xtreme for use on the car and around the house. I use it as a quick detailer. First wipe off dust with jopasu duster and then use the diluted spray with two microfiber cloths. Seems to work well and is the quickest way with good results. I haven't used any other no rinse product, so can't compare.

It will work better if you have waxed your car before. I don't think it removes wax, I use little pressure when wiping off with the microfiber towel.

As I understand, these products work with nano particles to bind to dust like the Luxor nanoclean range of products.

Last edited by drsingh : 6th July 2014 at 09:52.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 13:23   #8706
BHPian

Exploring the machine polishing

I started exploring the possibilities of machine polishing on my Pearl White Duster.

More details on the products used are in the following post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3472687

Following is the procedure followed:

- Washed with Megs shampoo using 2 bucket method
- Used Proklear in 1:1 ratio for tough tarspots, not all were gone,but cleared ~90%
- Clayed, used Amway shampoo in medium mix ratio as clay lubricant. The surface became butter smooth w/o any spots (assured using the plastic foil method)
- Megs 105 compound + LC Cyan cutting pad. Didnt require any scratch removal except 2 by a moron on bike couple of weeks back. Moreover I never allow any service center "detailer" to touch my car not even the washing guys, usually donates the washing amount during every service
- Megs Ultimate polish + LC Tangerine finishing pad. Later I will replace this with CarPro Reflect.
- 2 coats of Megs Nxt Gen Wax with a time interval of 12hrs. Later I will be using CarPro ReLoad + a Carnauba wax.

Following are some of the pics during the process:

Before Beading shots : Beading was not sharp at the edges.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00794.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00795.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00796.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00798.jpg

Clayed to butter smooth:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00813.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00814.jpg

Effect of Megs Ultimate Polish:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00815.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00816.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00817.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00818.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00819.jpg

Crazy beading (small and sharp edged) after Megs UP and the Megs Nxt Gen Wax:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00830.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00829.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00826.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00820.jpg
::CMS:: is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 12:48   #8707
BHPian

Gurus,
I got a big "paint-out" scratch on my EcoSport. Was planning to take it to Ford service station for getting it corrected this weekend but can't go now due to some work. Considering the fact that it's very heavily in Mumbai and my car is exposed to the same on daily basis, I am worried about rust. Is there a quick fix local market solution that I can use which will take care of atleast the rusting part for a week or so. I will take the car to ASS may be next week or week after that.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th July 2014, 00:26   #8708
BHPian

- ProKlear Anti-fog spray -

YouTube videos depict it to be a worthy product, costs only INR 160 on Ebay (With shipping).

Following information required on this product :

- Correct application method
- Life of product
- Any harmful effects on glass after application
- Any other effective product serving the same purpose

Thanks in advance
Old 12th July 2014, 17:39   #8709
Senior - BHPian

Tried out Poorboy's Black Hole Show Glaze last week on my car.

After the usual routine of washing and drying, applied Black Hole using a foam applicator (smells nice!) as described - work it in until it starts shining, then leave to haze. Finally wipe with a microfiber towel.
Did this around the entire car except for the roof.

Then hand applied a coat of Collinite 845 all around, and finally buffed that out.

All of these on a Monday morning!

Couple of quick shots:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20140707_105438.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20140707_105512.jpg

Initial observations - finer swirls were covered up and the overall gloss level bumped up.

Midterm observations - did a rinseless wash today and the shine level is intact. Guess the Collinite layer is doing it's job holding up the gloss! Didn't bother to wash the tires and rims in this slushy monsoons.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20140712_173428.jpg

Plan to put down another layer of C845 next week after a full wash.

Let's see how long this one holds!
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 10:24   #8710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Gurus,
I got a big "paint-out" scratch on my EcoSport. Was planning to take it to Ford service station for getting it corrected this weekend but can't go now due to some work. Considering the fact that it's very heavily in Mumbai and my car is exposed to the same on daily basis, I am worried about rust. Is there a quick fix local market solution that I can use which will take care of atleast the rusting part for a week or so. I will take the car to ASS may be next week or week after that.
Thanks in advance.
Spray WD-40 every two days or chassis grease if you dont have the former.
Old 14th July 2014, 17:11   #8711
BHPian

Hello All,
I have a 3 months old Silver Hyundai Verna and its cleaned regularly by me with Jopasu Duster and once or twice a week (in case of rains) by my regular car washer if its quite dirty. The car is parked in covered parking daily at my home and also at office so not exposed to sunlight most of the times.
I have been typically using wax polish (Turtle Wax) to polish my cars once in few months apart from the daily wash. I went through most part of this long thread and see host of information but cannot pin point what exactly is required for me to maintain a good shiny exterior paint with minimal swirl marks.
a) Is my periodic polishing using Turtle wax enough ? If not, what more should be done ? Since the car is new and hardly any swirl marks, I feel it is not good to polish using abrasives at this stage
b) What care should be taken post waxing is done ? Can I continue the same method of Jopasu + Cleaner (once a week)
c) Any other products that you would like to recommend esp. Meguiars whose mention I am seeing a lot
d) Is it advisable to spray wash the car once in a month or in automatic washing to reduce swirl marks ?
Old 15th July 2014, 19:11   #8712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello All,
c) Any other products that you would like to recommend esp. Meguiars whose mention I am seeing a lot
Since you reside in Bangalore, You may want to give Cquartz treatment at Ultimate detailerz a try

Relevant thread for research :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

All the best!
Old 19th July 2014, 20:36   #8713
BHPian

So much information spread over almost 600 pages! Anyways went through it for quite sometime (of course with an intention to keep my new car in top shape), my current car cleaning products (and practices) are :

1. Dusting the car daily using microfiber cloth, should I switch on to Jopasu duster? ( I mean, is it really worth the money spent?)

2. Cleaning the windshield and glasses using water, newspaper and microfiber cloth (separate)

3. Weekly wash using Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash, microfiber mitt and drying using microfiber towel

4. Weekly cleaning of alloys using an unfinished bottle of Revlon shampoo (Ahem!), brush and microfiber mitt (separate)

5. Currently cleaning the dashboard nad PU upholstery using towel only, should I buy any product exclusively for that?

Any suggestions on the above mentioned things? Areas of improvement?
Old 20th July 2014, 18:46   #8714
BHPian

Well, could someone respond to the above post?
Old 20th July 2014, 18:59   #8715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Anyways went through it for quite sometime (of course with an intention to keep my new car in top shape), my current car cleaning products (and practices) are :
Welcome to the world of detailing I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

Quote:
1. Dusting the car daily using microfiber cloth, should I switch on to Jopasu duster? ( I mean, is it really worth the money spent?)
Please get the duster, well worth the money. Also it's a joy to use.

Quote:
2. Cleaning the windshield and glasses using water, newspaper and microfiber cloth (separate)
Please get a glass cleaner if possible, makes things easier.

Quote:
3. Weekly wash using Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash, microfiber mitt and drying using microfiber towel
Thumbs up to this one.

Quote:
4. Weekly cleaning of alloys using an unfinished bottle of Revlon shampoo (Ahem!), brush and microfiber mitt (separate)
Please you the same shampoo to wash the wheels. Use either a separate wash mitt or a wheel cleaning brush to clean the wheels.

Quote:
5. Currently cleaning the dashboard nad PU upholstery using towel only, should I buy any product exclusively for that?
Meguiar Natural Shine Protectant is an excellent product for interior dashboard cleaning. Leaving a nice Matte finish, also get their spray cleaner for fabric and upholstery.

Quote:
Any suggestions on the above mentioned things? Areas of improvement?
What waxes or Sealants do you plan to use for the car.? Please feel free to ask more queries if any, hope I helped you.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks