Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 01:53   #8851
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Did a 7 hour job on my Friend's new Punto Evo with Nano Coatings from GTechniq after washing and decontamination , The car looks real good with excellent water beading property , Although doesn't justify fully how good the car looks, below a sample video of the same

Thanks,
Ranjith
Old 15th September 2014, 21:47   #8852
BHPian

Just tried the PROKLEAR™ RAW Xtreme Rinseless / Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate and I'm very satisfied with the results. I should have taken the 'before' photos of the car for comparison, but who cares, here are the 'after' ones.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-01.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-02.jpg

Washing procedure
  • Lifted off the loose dust and dirt using Jopasu Duster
  • Sprayed the diluted solution on the bonnet section at first
  • Wiped off the the dirt using a damp MF
  • Buffed and shined using a dry MF
  • Separete MF used for lower parts of door panels and replaced/cleaned at regular intervals
  • Procedure was repeated until the entire car was cleaned (including the rims)

This is my first rinseless wash experience and I must say that I'm very much impressed with the results. Hope I need to do the thorough wash with shampoo only once in a month from now on. As I haven't used any other products like ONR or UWWC, can't compare the results with them. Summarising the pros and cons:

Pros
  • Sheer VFM (Rs.499 for 250ml)
  • Excellent dilution ratio (2ml per 500ml of water)
  • Usage per wash - 500ml solution is more than enough for a sedan
  • Decent dirt removing ability
  • Decent shine after buffing
  • Easy to use and saves water and time (applicable to all WWC's)

Cons
  • Stubborn dirts like bird poo requires much more effort to remove
  • Dilution ratio suggested by the manufacture is too rich that it leaves streaks

Overall I'm satisfied with the product and would recommend the same to any fellow BHPian who's on a budget
Old 15th September 2014, 23:06   #8853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post

Cons
[*]Stubborn dirts like bird poo requires much more effort to remove[*]Dilution ratio suggested by the manufacture is too rich that it leaves streaks

Overall I'm satisfied with the product and would recommend the same to any fellow BHPian who's on a budget
It is an excellent product.
Next time use the dilution ratio - 5ml in 2litre water. It is the perfect ratio and doesn't leaves any streaks.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:57   #8854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Suggest... a razor blade held nearly flat against the glass. This should be quick and effective, with no need to buy any special product. Scotchbrite pad might well work too.

Scotch Guard Fabric Protector

On another topic, I have been looking for this for ages. Always told that it is not available in India, never saw it in Singapore ...until last week!

Now I have a can. I mean to get the interior professionally cleaned first, then I will spray the seat fabric, and see how it resists the usual dirt after that.
Can you please give us some feedback regarding the "Scotch Guard Fabric Protector"?
Even, I am planning to apply Scotch Guard Fabric Protector for my Polo GT TSi fabric seats.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:07   #8855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Next time use the dilution ratio - 5ml in 2litre water. It is the perfect ratio and doesn't leaves any streaks.
So you fill up 4 spraying bottles of 500ml in one go or measure 0.5ml of the concentrate for one bottle?
Old 16th September 2014, 12:43   #8856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Can you please give us some feedback regarding the "Scotch Guard Fabric Protector"?
Even, I am planning to apply Scotch Guard Fabric Protector for my Polo GT TSi fabric seats.
It looks great on the shelf.

<Big Blush>

This is really bad: it has been sitting there, unused, all this time. My only excuse is that I wanted to have the seats thoroughly cleaned before applying it, as there doesn't seem to be any point in spraying it over dirt.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 21:51   #8857
BHPian

Jopasu Duster leaving waxy residue!

Today morning while dusting my car with the Jopasu duster I noticed that the same was leaving a waxy residue on piantjob as well as the windshield. Though it lifts off the dirt quite effectively, the need to buff with a MF to get rid of the waxy residue is becoming annoying. Anybody experienced the above mentioned issue?
Old 17th September 2014, 22:18   #8858
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Duster leaving waxy residue!

Quote:
Today morning while dusting my car with the Jopasu duster I noticed that the same was leaving a waxy residue on piantjob as well as the windshield. Though it lifts off the dirt quite effectively, the need to buff with a MF to get rid of the waxy residue is becoming annoying. Anybody experienced the above mentioned issue?
Waxy residue? Was the car parked in open? It might be the early morning mist settled on the car body. It's better to dust the car at night so that the moist surface can be avoided in the mornings.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 17th September 2014 at 22:20.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 22:58   #8859
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Duster leaving waxy residue!

Quote:
You need to keep the new jopasu duster on a dry newspaper for a while (overnight or 12 hrs) so that the paper absorbs the excess oil/wax from the cotton strands and then use it on the car!

And use it so that the ends of the strands just touch the paint surface gently, i.e. it shouldn't be mashed on the surface, but in a lifted state with ends of the strands just gliding across the surface!
sohail99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 04:16   #8860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So you fill up 4 spraying bottles of 500ml in one go or measure 0.5ml of the concentrate for one bottle?
Nope. I use a 2 litre Pepsi bottle for 5ml. And then pour liquid in 500ml bottle.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:05   #8861
Senior - BHPian

I am looking forward to buy a cleaner/protectant for the dashboard and door pads and have narrowed down to Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant and Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant. Which of the two would you recommend and does anybody have prior experience of using any of these?

Also, would be good to hear about other alternatives. Thanks in advance.
Old 18th September 2014, 14:07   #8862
BHPian

Any user comments on Sonax Paintwork Gloss as LSP? Does this product cut in to clear coat
On regular quarterly use? Is it ok for light colors also? thanks.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2014, 17:38   #8863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I am looking forward to buy a cleaner/protectant for the dashboard and door pads and have narrowed down to Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant and Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant. Which of the two would you recommend and does anybody have prior experience of using any of these?
I have been using Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant for more than a year and its a very good product. Cleans the surface and gives a nice matt finish. I wouldn't recommend Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant as it gives a glossy finish which is not appreciated by most.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 17:56   #8864
Senior - BHPian

It has been almost 3 years since I ordered some detailing products. Now, it is time to replenish the stocks and try something else this time.

2. Formula-1 wash and wax concentrate - I still have about 20% remaining and for the money I spent, I think the product is good.

Now, I would like to look at pure shampoo (and no wax inside), so looking for something different.
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash- 532 ml is around Rs. 600, though the quantity needed for each wash is quite a bit. What alternatives are there?

2. I did not have a water-less wash solution and PROKLEAR™ RAW Xtreme Concentrate for Rs. 500 seems to be getting good reviews.

3. Claybar - I have that - so need to buy more for now.

3. Collinite 845 - I have no complains on the shine, but durability is less than 1 month for me - my vehicles are out in the open and not washed for several weeks. This just does not last (I still have half the bottle with me). I will still use it along with the sealant below.

This time I am looking for a spray sealant and Carpro Reload is the top contender for me.

4. I am looking for a fabric cleaner (to clean the fabric carpet which is fixed to the floor of the car and also the fabric door pads, which are also not replaceable. My other car has velvet material seats and if I can use the same product to clean those, then it is a plus.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by S_U_N : 18th September 2014 at 17:58.
Old 18th September 2014, 18:22   #8865
BHPian

When I took my CBR for a wash to a shop nearby, she was shampooed using a spray gun as shown in the pic below!

It was real fun to see her as if she is getting drenched in a snow fall. The shop guy even told me many kids click photographs while a car is getting sprayed like this.

On the flip side from the picture it may appear that my bike has become the favourite place for all birds to attend their nature calls!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20140824_112923.jpg  

Last edited by StepUP! : 18th September 2014 at 18:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks