Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2014, 20:31   #8911
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Has anyone used IPA wipes to clean the paint and remove oils?
e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Isopropyl-Alco.../dp/B006Q2KN7G

I know there are special products (e.g. Carpro Eraser), but they are expensive and in liquid form.
Nope.
But you can buy IPA from medical stores, dilute them and use in a spray bottle. I do the same.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 00:04   #8912
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Has anyone used IPA wipes to clean the paint and remove oils?
e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Isopropyl-Alco.../dp/B006Q2KN7G

I know there are special products (e.g. Carpro Eraser), but they are expensive and in liquid form.
As suggested, IPA can be bought from stores but make sure when you get IPA, the purity is 99%. Usually reputed stores will give that level of quality.
However two things- IPA does NOT clean that much oils as dedicated cleaners, so it depends on what is the purpose finally. Also use enough MF towels as IPA does not break down the oils as well hence MF gets used a lot more.
Finally regular use of IPA on the paint is not recommended by many experts, its bad for the paint.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:51   #8913
BHPian

Got the CQuartz treatment done on my Fluidic Verna at Ultimate Detailerz over the weekend. My review is here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3545640

Car definitely looks very shiny, very 'blingy', as you young'uns call it!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20140929_104908.jpg  

Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:01   #8914
BHPian

Guys, quick suggestion needed - for my black XUV 500, I currently have a SONAX all purpose cleaner (for interiors), an ultima waterless wash concentrate (detailer and waterless wash), micro-fiber clothes and towels.
I want two suggestion:
1. I am ordering a collinite liquid insulator wax #845 from US. Is there any other LSP/ polish I could consider - I am planning to do hand polish only

2. I really want something which I can use on the black plastic bumpers etc. because the quality of plastic from mahindra is not great and it is clear (shining paint vs. the dull plastic)

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Carvoyeur
Old 5th October 2014, 15:00   #8915
Senior - BHPian

What to do on a Sunday when you have time & got not in a mood to ride anywhere. Loading high resolution pics. Pls post your reviews & comments on the work

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-gopr3496.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-gopr3492.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-y1.jpg

Look who peeps
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-gopr3497.jpg
Old 6th October 2014, 06:44   #8916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
1. I am ordering a collinite liquid insulator wax #845 from US. Is there any other LSP/ polish I could consider - I am planning to do hand polish only
I don't know what is LSP, yes Collinite 845 will do excellent job considering the fact, its extremely easy to use. Use ONR (green one) before applying polish/wax for extra added protection. Or instead of Wax, get a paint sealant which will do the same job as wax but with 100 times lesser effort as you only have to apply & don't need to buff.

BTW, check 10 times with the dealer if they will ship these items because EU law doesn't allow to send any liquids over 100 ml; moreover, these products are mostly available in India unless you're looking for products from Lake County, Pinnacle, Collinite's entire product range etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
2. I really want something which I can use on the black plastic bumpers...clear (shining paint vs. the dull plastic)
Finishkare 108 or Carpro PERL

Out of both, FK108 AS is good VFM, does its job extra decent. PERL is ultra superior product & personally, I don't think I will move away from this lovely product.

Last edited by aargee : 6th October 2014 at 06:49.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 23:23   #8917
BHPian

Currently my car care inventory includes the following stuff:

-Jopasu Duster
-Meg's NXT Car Shampoo
-Proklear RAW Xtreme WWC, Windshield wash & Anti Fog Spray
-8 MF Towels

Planning to make a small upgrade. I've got PU Leather (Biege) upholstery and the driver's seat is losing its colour due to the dye from the fabrics (thanks to Flying Machine for that). Could someone suggest a cleaner to get back the original colour and shine? Any effective all purpose cleaner available for upholstery as well as dashboard?
Old 11th October 2014, 09:38   #8918
BHPian

Hi Friends, have gone through more than 50 pages, need your quick help. I want to buy UWW (minimal quantity as possible), decent microfibre cloth and sprayer to hold diluted UWW. Pl suggest cost effective site to buy those.

Last edited by VSRK : 11th October 2014 at 09:40. Reason: Added sprayer to the list
Old 11th October 2014, 11:38   #8919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Hi Friends, have gone through more than 50 pages, need your quick help. I want to buy UWW (minimal quantity as possible), decent microfibre cloth and sprayer to hold diluted UWW. Pl suggest cost effective site to buy those.
You can buy UWW and MF cloths from:

www.detailedclean.in (currently they are our of stock)
www.autofresh.in

You can also consider Jopasu MF Cloths, check out SnapDeal

You can use any empty Colin bottle to keep the diluted UWW.

PS: I am not associated with any company/brand, just a happy customer.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 18:39   #8920
Senior - BHPian

just curious - is there any way to clean the dust/grime from ballistic nylon suitcases? Asking here because here's where the best detailing brains on TBHP are!

The local dry cleaner wont't touch it and the thugs at Mr Pronto (a local bag repair shop) charged 200 bucks only to return it dirtier than they took it!
Old 12th October 2014, 10:44   #8921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
just curious - is there any way to clean the dust/grime from ballistic nylon suitcases? Asking here because here's where the best detailing brains on TBHP are!

The local dry cleaner wont't touch it and the thugs at Mr Pronto (a local bag repair shop) charged 200 bucks only to return it dirtier than they took it!
Use an APC. Spray it. Let it sit for a minute on two. Use a soft brush to agitate. Then use a microfiber to wipe off. Should be able to take care if most of the stains and dirt
Old 12th October 2014, 12:01   #8922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I've got PU Leather (Biege) upholstery and the driver's seat is losing its colour due to the dye from the fabrics (thanks to Flying Machine for that). Could someone suggest a cleaner to get back the original colour and shine? Any effective all purpose cleaner available for upholstery as well as dashboard?
I am using STP Tuff Stuf All Purpose Foam Cleaner to clean the seat covers and I found it to be good. Just spray it, brush the area and wipe off with MF cloth.

Recently I tried Luxar Nano Cleaner (Leather Cleaner) and it also does the job well.

For dashboard, you can use Meguiars Natural Shine, its a good product.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 16:40   #8923
BHPian

Has anyone here used Olive Oil to keep their dash shiny? Saw a couple of sites and YouTube videos mentioning the same. Would appreciate some input from the experts here. I'm concerned about the long term safety of the product rather than its effectiveness.

Meg's Natural Shine Protectant has good reviews indeed but I can't afford that ATM. STP's Son of a Gun seems to fit my pocket. Suggestions?

And about the leather stains, yesterday during the weekly wash, I managed to make a mixture of water+vinegar+mild detergent and applied it on the stained areas of my PU leather upholstery, agitated and wiped off with a MF to get very impressive results. My question is, is the practice safe in long-term?
Old 12th October 2014, 20:41   #8924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
You can buy UWW and MF cloths from:

www.detailedclean.in (currently they are our of stock)
www.autofresh.in

You can also consider Jopasu MF Cloths, check out SnapDeal
Thanks! BTW, I do not want to spend 1700 bucks for UWW without trying it. I'll be interested to buy in small quantities for less price first. Seems like they doesn't sell in small quantities . Is there any other better way?
Old 12th October 2014, 21:15   #8925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Thanks! BTW, I do not want to spend 1700 bucks for UWW without trying it. I'll be interested to buy in small quantities for less price first. Seems like they doesn't sell in small quantities . Is there any other better way?
VSRV, even I was also not sure about the product and searched for small packs to give a try first but no success then decided to buy as I read many positive reviews from fellow BHPians and added this to my kit last month only.

After using it, I was really impressed and happy about my purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks