Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 15:02   #8806
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

A friend has recently opened a car detailing center.
He advised me to go in for Synthetic paint sealant.
Can anyone shed some light as to what it actually is and is it worth spending 3K to get it done?
Old 25th August 2014, 15:06   #8807
Senior - BHPian

any one here have any experience cleaning rims with plastic dip on them ? any suggestions ?

rev
Old 25th August 2014, 15:21   #8808
BHPian

Thanks a lot argee Sir.. Great idea to keep a quick detailer solution in a spray bottle for instant use. Otherwise if delayed the droppings gets very hard , if it is postponed for weekend cleaning. Right away,I am getting Ultima product. Will enquire online first.
Old 25th August 2014, 20:19   #8809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
However, collinite 845 which is mostly used and appreciated by masses is more of a sealant than wax
I ignored your statement in the morning thinking its incorrect...but yes, I'm beginning to think so now. Thanks to Akshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
He advised me to go in for Synthetic paint sealant
From what I learned, I understand there's either waxes made out of Carnauba (natural substance) or Carnauba blended or fully synthetic wax. Now, a sealant, I haven't seen any natural substance being added, which means all sealants are synthetic. Could you pls ask him what is non synthetic or natural sealants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Will enquire online first.
Another tip...
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ultima-Waterl...item3f3b9c8005
Any issues - https://www.facebook.com/ultimatedetailerz or ultimatedetailerz.com
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 20:22   #8810
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot argee Sir.. Great idea to keep a quick detailer solution in a spray bottle for instant use. Otherwise if delayed the droppings gets very hard , if it is postponed for weekend cleaning. Right away,I am getting Ultima product. Will enquire online first.
Ultima Product is Out of Stock in most of leading Online shops like Autofresh.in
detailedclean.in. Wil wait for stocks to arrive.
Meanwhile,as I already have Formula 1 Wash and Wax,I will try it in place of Ultima.Hope it will work as a QD
As suggested by aargee in an earlier post, enquired with ebay(ultimate detailerz) also.Ultima product Available @ Rs 1650+ Rs100(dly Charges)

Last edited by virgopal : 25th August 2014 at 20:29.
Old 25th August 2014, 20:33   #8811
BHPian

Quote:
A friend has recently opened a car detailing center.
He advised me to go in for Synthetic paint sealant.
Can anyone shed some light as to what it actually is and is it worth spending 3K to get it done?
Paint Sealant Itself Is Of No Use , You Need To Prepare The Paint With Steps Like Claying , Compounding And Polishing To Clean The Paint And These Paint Sealants / Waxes Are Used As LSP (Last Step Protection) To Maintain That Polished Paint Finish.

So Unless He Is Not Offering That , There Is No Use Of Getting Just Paint Sealant.

Rest Is Your Call

Quote:
Meanwhile,as I already have Formula 1 Wash and Wax,I will try it in place of Ultima.Hope it will work as a QD
I Will Not Recommend This as it is a Shampoo And Will Cause Steaks If Not Rinsed Off !

Regards

Jas

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 25th August 2014 at 20:35.
NOTORIOUS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 20:51   #8812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I ignored your statement in the morning thinking its incorrect...but yes, I'm beginning to think so now. Thanks to Akshay

From what I learned, I understand there's either waxes made out of Carnauba (natural substance) or Carnauba blended or fully synthetic wax. Now, a sealant, I haven't seen any natural substance being added, which means all sealants are synthetic. Could you pls ask him what is non synthetic or natural sealants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Paint Sealant Itself Is Of No Use , You Need To Prepare The Paint With Steps Like Claying , Compounding And Polishing To Clean The Paint And These Paint Sealants / Waxes Are Used As LSP (Last Step Protection) To Maintain That Polished Paint Finish.

So Unless He Is Not Offering That , There Is No Use Of Getting Just Paint Sealant.

Rest Is Your Call

Regards

Jas
He just informed me about it.
Not sure about the whole process,according to him the whole process is going to take about 6 hours and is just a step below opti coating.
Will dig into finer details and revert.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 25th August 2014 at 20:56.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:01   #8813
BHPian

Quote:
He just informed me about it.
Not sure about the whole process,according to him the whole process is going to take about 6 hours and is just a step below opti coating.
Will dig into finer details and revert.
Can You Name The Center ? Any Facebook Page Or Website ?
Old 25th August 2014, 22:41   #8814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ultima Product is Out of Stock in most of leading Online shops like Autofresh.in
detailedclean.in. Wil wait for stocks to arrive
Did you try with the link I provided? Did you call Mohsin?

Quote:
Paint Sealant Itself...Not Recommend This as it is a Shampoo And Will Cause Steaks If Not Rinsed Off !
Agreed word by word with Notorius

Quote:
Not sure about the whole process,according to him the whole process is going to take about 6 hours and is just a step below opti coating
I've Opti Coat, if you're anywhere in Madras, you're welcome to my home to try; I don't have a good opinion on Opti Coat sealant; the problem is that I'm unable to try anything unless this one finishes off & this one isn't finished yet :(
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 22:44   #8815
BHPian

Guys,

Any suggestions of a good detailer in mumbai. I have used Kamyo once.. need to try some new and better.

Please suggest..
Old 26th August 2014, 08:06   #8816
BHPian

Quote:

Rest Is Your Call

I Will Not Recommend This as it is a Shampoo And Will Cause Steaks If Not Rinsed Off !

Regards

Jas
Thanks for alerting,Jas..In that case I feel it is prudent to wait for Ultima product stocks to arrive.I woud'nt want additional job of rinsing the streaks off.
Old 26th August 2014, 09:10   #8817
BHPian

Eventhough its very easy to clean the car with Rinseless / Waterless concentrates, the chances of very fine body scratches is very high unless we use it to remove very fine dust, irrespective of using any gsm microfibercloth. So I stopped wiping with microfiber cloth. I am using it by spraying it and rinse (after soaking for ~1min) with water using a washing mitt (2 bucket method). Then apply another coat as a quick detailer.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 26th August 2014 at 09:12.
Old 26th August 2014, 09:32   #8818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can You Name The Center ? Any Facebook Page Or Website ?
Its a small start up.
3M just opened in chandigarh two days ago,i am gonna check that out first.
Old 26th August 2014, 09:46   #8819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Did you try with the link I provided? Did you call Mohsin?

Agreed word by word with Notorius

I've Opti Coat, if you're anywhere in Madras, you're welcome to my home to try; I don't have a good opinion on Opti Coat sealant; the problem is that I'm unable to try anything unless this one finishes off & this one isn't finished yet :(
argee sir,actually I checked with ebay.in and found the product in stock. Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate(16oz) as I mentioned in #8815.I am going to place an order for the same. Thanks.( Didnt call Mr Mohsin,as such)
Old 26th August 2014, 10:28   #8820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
argee sir,actually I checked with ebay.in and found the product in stock. Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate(16oz) as I mentioned in #8815.I am going to place an order for the same. Thanks.( Didnt call Mr Mohsin,as such)
Super sir; Go-ahead, you'll not be disappointed. The below product doesn't disappoint either...

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-optimum_no_rinse_wash_and_wax_32oz800x8001.jpg
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks