Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 19:39   #8716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
1. Dusting the car daily using microfiber cloth, should I switch on to Jopasu duster? ( I mean, is it really worth the money spent?)
Totally worth it! Buy it on EBay. Check the discount coupons thread, Someone will surely have a coupon for EBay
Quote:
2. Cleaning the windshield and glasses using water, newspaper and microfiber cloth (separate)
I am guessing you are from TVM. If yes and given the rainy season, you will want to get some kind of beading agent or wax to improve the beading on the windscreen
Quote:
3. Weekly wash using Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash, microfiber mitt and drying using microfiber towel
Meguiar's, Ultimate, Optimum, Sonax all have similar products and you can find a lot of product review here
Quote:
4. Weekly cleaning of alloys using an unfinished bottle of Revlon shampoo (Ahem!), brush and microfiber mitt (separate)
The other thread also has feedback on tyre polishes that you might want to consider
Quote:
5. Currently cleaning the dashboard nad PU upholstery using towel only, should I buy any product exclusively for that?
Read the other thread on waxes and sealants. You should find a lot of info there
Quote:
Any suggestions on the above mentioned things? Areas of improvement?
1. Pick up a No rinse wash like ONR. Then you can wash that car once in 15 days and use ONR + Jopasu as and when required
2. Pick a good clay and clay the car or take it to a detailer and get a good exterior detailing package (if you dont plan to invest in wax/sealant)
3. Try using a simple wipe on walk away wax like Optimum Car Wax or a sealant like Optimum Opti Seal (or any similar Sonax/Meguiars/Utlimate products). This will really help protect the paint and makes life easy when you need to clean your car
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 23:42   #8717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Please get the duster, well worth the money. Also it's a joy to use.
Sure thing!

Quote:
Please you the same shampoo to wash the wheels. Use either a separate wash mitt or a wheel cleaning brush to clean the wheels.
Ahem, at first I too considered the same but then decided against in, thinking that the Meguiar's car wash would be empty soon (especially considering the fact that I'm on a tight budget, but still don't wan to compromise on car care!). Will the hair shampoo do any harm to the alloys?

Quote:
Meguiar Natural Shine Protectant is an excellent product for interior dashboard cleaning. Leaving a nice Matte finish, also get their spray cleaner for fabric and upholstery.
As the ride is pretty new, I'm currently sticking on to just dusting the dash as well as the upholstery, and wiping dirt off the latter with a damp MF cloth.

Quote:
What waxes or Sealants do you plan to use for the car.? Please feel free to ask more queries if any, hope I helped you.
The car has already undergone 3M wax treatment with the next application in six months. So will it be okay if I stick on with for the time being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Check the discount coupons thread, Someone will surely have a coupon for EBay
Sorry buddy, didn't get you.

Quote:
Read the other thread on waxes and sealants. You should find a lot of info there
I'll do that!

Quote:
1. Pick up a No rinse wash like ONR. Then you can wash that car once in 15 days and use ONR + Jopasu as and when required
2. Pick a good clay and clay the car or take it to a detailer and get a good exterior detailing package (if you dont plan to invest in wax/sealant)
3. Try using a simple wipe on walk away wax like Optimum Car Wax or a sealant like Optimum Opti Seal (or any similar Sonax/Meguiars/Utlimate products). This will really help protect the paint and makes life easy when you need to clean your car
Too much for me to digest right now. Trying to concentrate on the basics of car care for the time being, will come back for advanced tips.
Old 20th July 2014, 23:53   #8718
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that the answer lies with you: are you happy with the way your car looks? That's what counts.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 23:59   #8719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think that the answer lies with you: are you happy with the way your car looks? That's what counts.
Very well said mate. At the end of the day, its the only thing that matters.
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:57   #8720
BHPian

Hi all,

I own a XUV purple colour. I have a person who washes the car daily during rains,other seasons he does dusting most days with a weekly wash. I have been following the thread for some time now. I primarily am too pre-occupied to spend time doing DIY detailing. Had got detailing done through Kamyo few months back. However i need to buy good products inorder to ensure no swirls, glossy look and for dashboard, leather seats to look clean and neat.

Would want suggestions on the following :-

1. Is Pro-Klear Xtreme rinseless better or UWW ?
2. For interior dashboard which product to buy ?
3. For maintaining leather seats which product is tested and good ?
4. Which site is it reliable to buy genuine products.
6. How to keep the front grille(black) look maintained and not a white powdered look.
5. Lastly, Can i use Pro-klear / UWW daily on the vehicle to clean.

Would request your valuable advice.

Last edited by kARTIK IYER : 23rd July 2014 at 16:59.
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:58   #8721
BHPian

Snapdeal is offering 20% discount on all auto products (cleaning products included). I just ordered a Formula 1 High Performance Protectant for car interiors. Promo Code to be used at the time of checkout AUTO20

Last edited by skyrocket003 : 23rd July 2014 at 17:01. Reason: Adding the promo code
skyrocket003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:07   #8722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
1. Is Pro-Klear Xtreme rinseless better or UWW ?
I would personally go with UWW or ONR. Not because I had some bad experience with Pro-Klear, just because ONR and UWW both are in the market longer. Do try a small sample and see what works best for you.

Quote:
2. For interior dashboard which product to buy ?
Many options, UTTG, Carpro perl, Meguiars Natural shine. See what can be sourced.

Quote:
3. For maintaining leather seats which product is tested and good ?
Carpro perl can be used on leather as well as Dash or even tires. This is an all rounder, please read some reviews.

Quote:
4. Which site is it reliable to buy genuine products.
http://www.ultimatedetailerz.com/shop-page/
ebay india
http://www.greenzcarcare.com/
http://www.keystoneenterprises.in/
http://www.detailedclean.in/

Quote:
6. How to keep the front grille(black) look maintained and not a white powdered look.
Assuming its plastic, You could try Scholl neo , Sonax trim restorer or Car pro perl ( Told you it's versatile ).

Quote:
Depends on how dirty it is, my regular maintenance is to use Jopasu duster everyday and Weekly once rinse less or regular shampoo wash.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:30   #8723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If your car is having very light dust, you can use Ultima Water Wash in Quick Detailing proportion for daily usage. The ratio is 15ml in 450 ml of water and is good enough for 3 QD sessions. I usually dust the car previous night with the Jopasu duster and perform a QD with UWW in the morning which gives the car that just detailed look and also helps to maintain a very slick finish. I haven't used Pro-Klear though.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd July 2014 at 22:37.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 12:57   #8724
BHPian

Quote:
I have a person who washes the car daily during rains,other seasons he does dusting most days with a weekly wash.

- Aim at achieving desired results by educating him on proper usage of cleaning products.
- Prolonged incorrect usage of cleaning products can could prove harmful for painted surface.

Bonne chance !
Old 25th July 2014, 14:22   #8725
BHPian

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Ahem, at first I too considered the same but then decided against in, thinking that the Meguiar's car wash would be empty soon (especially considering the fact that I'm on a tight budget, but still don't wan to compromise on car care!). Will the hair shampoo do any harm to the alloys?
No issues, it's a soap based solution after all, I suggested otherwise keeping in mind the conditioners in hair shampoo which may not remove the dirt. Go easy on the hair shampoo, you don't want to invest hair shampoos now do you ?

Even when using Meguiar's, three caps is all you need for a bucket of water. Take aside a liter or so to clean the alloys. Relvon bachega, Meguiar bhi bachega.

Quote:
As the ride is pretty new, I'm currently sticking on to just dusting the dash as well as the upholstery, and wiping dirt off the latter with a damp MF cloth.
Sure, can consider this later on.

Quote:
The car has already undergone 3M wax treatment with the next application in six months. So will it be okay if I stick on with for the time.
Depends on where you stay and the climate at your place. Incase the car is under a roof and less humidity, then the 3M wax ( assuming it's the NXT wax ) would easily last for 3 to 4 months. If not, then get a spray wax and wipe off the car once in 10days. More than enough for a new car.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 25th July 2014 at 14:25.
Old 26th July 2014, 08:46   #8726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Tried out Poorboy's Black Hole Show Glaze last week on my car.
That is one of the coolest i10's that I have seen. Amazing paint job.

What is the tyre size? 175/70/R13 ?
Old 26th July 2014, 11:21   #8727
Senior - BHPian

Applied two layers of Poorboys Natty Blue paste Wax this morning. I like the deep looks it gives.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6988.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6989.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6991.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6992.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 11:49   #8728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Applied two layers of Poorboys Natty Blue paste Wax this morning. I like the deep looks it gives.
Looking at your car pics brings back memories of my old car! Nothing beats a just detailed black car for shine and depth. You maintain your ride really well despite the kms on the odo
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 12:10   #8729
BHPian

There are few questions in mind, if the gurus can help clarify.

- How many times can a clay bar be used ? Is it good to use in regular intervals ? Lets say monthly or bi-monthly ? using regularly, does it damage the paint in anyway ?

- which will be preferred, ONR or using the regular method with water ?

- My cars dont get too dirty , but it gets dusty as the car park is open from three sides. Its more of a porch than a closed car park.

- The cars in discussion here are new. 3M paint sealant has been done. For the time being in the first 6 months or so , is Tech wax 2 good enough ?

- My area of concern is the dust following the days of cleaning. I somehow feel the dust is too minute and dusting the car ( jopasu ) , the car clear coat is being damaged. Is it better to leave the dusty ( not dirty) than using the duster ?
Old 26th July 2014, 12:31   #8730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
- How many times can a clay bar be used ? Is it good to use in regular intervals ? Lets say monthly or bi-monthly ? using regularly, does it damage the paint in anyway ?
Claying once in six months should be enough. Experts here can comment on it.

Quote:
- which will be preferred, ONR or using the regular method with water ?
If you car is too dirty, then water washing will be a better option. If it has light dirt, then ONR should be more than enough.

Quote:
- The cars in discussion here are new. 3M paint sealant has been done. For the time being in the first 6 months or so , is Tech wax 2 good enough ?
Tech Wax is good. You can use it. If you are looking for maintaining the 3M sealant, you can try the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik spray wax. It's very easy to apply and performs a good job of maintaining the underlying sealant.

Quote:
- My area of concern is the dust following the days of cleaning. I somehow feel the dust is too minute and dusting the car ( jopasu ) , the car clear coat is being damaged. Is it better to leave the dusty ( not dirty) than using the duster ?
You can use it on daily basis but use it very lightly on the surface. Using it hard on the surface may induce minor scratches/swirls. I have been using it daily from last 3 years and haven't faced any issues.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 26th July 2014 at 12:32.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks