Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 00:01   #7966
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any online stores selling Collinite wax?

From where to order a genuine product?
http://bringingbest.in/index.php?rou...&product_id=50. We have many testimonials in the Collinite thread on our forum.
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:09   #7967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Megs Hyperwash
Megs APC
Car Pro TarX
Will try it out and post my impressions later on.
Tried the above products today.

Hyperwash
The dilution ratio is superb. Just a few drops into a bucket is all you will need and it will work just like any other shampoo in cleaning your car. Will try how it foams with a foam lance later on.

APC
Excellent product for cleaning tyres. Spray on,let it work for 10-15 secs agitate with a brush and clean with water for clean tyres and hub caps!

Car Pro TarX
This was the superstar of the day! Our Octavia had very old (2+yrs) and stubborn tar spots which wouldn't go away with WD-40 no matter how much I applied and tried rubbed. Parthasarathig forced me to try this out, I bought it thinking it'll be a waste but it turned out to be well worth it. Sprayed the product on,let it work for a minute or so and then rubbed it off with a microfiber cloth. Most of the spots went away the first time, some however required more work. At the end of it, the panel looked brilliant with all the tar spots gone
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:34   #7968
BHPian

A question , right after the car is waxed when you run your hands over the panel you can feel that subtle very fine smoothness of wax by your hands when you run it over the body surface. But after a week even if the car is not washed or wiped that's gone but the surface is smooth but that feel from a just waxed panel is different why.
Old 24th September 2013, 12:30   #7969
BHPian

has any one used FinishKare 425 and how does it compare with Megs QD ?
Old 29th September 2013, 11:22   #7970
Senior - BHPian

I have run out of stock on ONR.
Any pointers where can I get it online and what's the price for a 8oz bottle?

Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 13:12   #7971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Thanks
You can write to ecocarcare.asia
They are the authorized distributors. Or you can visit their facebook page and place the order. There are now two versions of ONR available. One is ONR and the other is ONR Wash & Wax.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OPT India Products Catalog + Price.pdf (2.55 MB, 3217 views)

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 29th September 2013 at 13:17.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 13:41   #7972
Senior - BHPian

^
Thanks man! I will get in touch with them.

I need some product to get rid of scratch marks (mostly shoe marks) from the black door pads. It should restore the rich black look without being shiny.

Any recommendations? I tried meguiar's natural shine. It's a good product but did not remove the scratches from the door pads.
Old 29th September 2013, 13:59   #7973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^
Thanks man! I will get in touch with them.

I need some product to get rid of scratch marks (mostly shoe marks) from the black door pads. It should restore the rich black look without being shiny.

Any recommendations? I tried meguiar's natural shine. It's a good product but did not remove the scratches from the door pads.
For restoring trim, Carpro PERL works well. I've tried it and it does a reasonabl job. However you need to apply 3 coatings for it to last long. During monsoons expect it to last max 2 weeks before you have to reapply.

If you want absolute restoration I suggest you try CarPro DLUX or Gtecgniq C4. These are expensive, but once applied will last you a year minimum. You can get all these from greenzcarcare.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 01:23   #7974
BHPian

Hi

I saw some scratches on my bike's tank today (Black). The scratches aren't very deep and the paint is intact and looks like a deliberate attempt on the part of some freak!

How could I get rid of them? I have previously used 3M's 1 step finish compound (picture attached below) but I am not sure of using it again because I saw black color on the cloth when I used it on my black bike.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img2013100100222.jpg  

Old 1st October 2013, 02:27   #7975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi

I saw some scratches on my bike's tank today (Black). The scratches aren't very deep and the paint is intact and looks like a deliberate attempt on the part of some freak!

How could I get rid of them? I have previously used 3M's 1 step finish compound (picture attached below) but I am not sure of using it again because I saw black color on the cloth when I used it on my black bike.
Black colour on the cloth is a sure way to know that your bike has single stage paint and hence no clear coat. Motor cycle paint is often very thin so tread carefully on using any sort of rubbing compound on the paint.

Pictures of the scratch will definitely help. Pour a steady stream of water on the scratch, does the scratch disappear or do you still see any traces of it? If you see traces, the scratch has gone all the way in and you can either live with it or get it resprayed. It is possible to correct in case you see the scratch disappear with the layer of water on top; however proceed with caution.
Old 1st October 2013, 13:41   #7976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Black colour on the cloth is a sure way to know that your bike has single stage paint and hence no clear coat. Motor cycle paint is often very thin so tread carefully on using any sort of rubbing compound on the paint.

Pictures of the scratch will definitely help. Pour a steady stream of water on the scratch, does the scratch disappear or do you still see any traces of it? If you see traces, the scratch has gone all the way in and you can either live with it or get it resprayed. It is possible to correct in case you see the scratch disappear with the layer of water on top; however proceed with caution.
I will get the pictures once i give my bike a wash. But how do i proceed to correct it assuming that the scratch is not that deep and passes the water test?

And though not suggested for use on my bike, but otherwise how is this compound from 3M? Is it considered any good?
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:04   #7977
BHPian

Hi,

I was given a spray called waxpol protector spray- seems to be all-purpose- plastic/leather/paint (as per written instructions) Can it really do it all? Has anyone tested this particular product and is it good for anything? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image4236532608.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2013, 17:10   #7978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbehave View Post
Hi,

I was given a spray called waxpol protector spray- seems to be all-purpose- plastic/leather/paint (as per written instructions) Can it really do it all? Has anyone tested this particular product and is it good for anything? Thanks!
I wouldn't use it for leather.

Get a leather conditioner from a reputed brand to maintain your leather or a bi-annual detailing job should keep your interiors and exteriors well maintained for years to come.
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:38   #7979
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
You may check out this link as well. It looks like ONR's official online store on Facebook.

I am yet to try this store. If you are purchasing it, please share your experience.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Optimum-Car-Care-India/
MaxTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:59   #7980
BHPian

Ordered these products.
SONAX interior cleaner is extremely effective. Will post some results after car wash!
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20131003-10.53.18-fileminimizer.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks