Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:57   #2011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post

Brand P8.
specs- if I remember correctly 4200k
Low beam only. High beam is quite powerful.
Cost- I think around 9-10k.
I wasn't present when the fitment was done, so I don't know exactly, but I'm sure it does involve some wire cutting.

Have been using them for almost 10 months now, and am very happy with them.
Especially in the rains, and out on the highways- the illumination and throw is just too good.
I fitted P4 4600k-against all the research I had done - got swayed by the shop owner - nor very happy with the throw. Had them change the bulbs twice so that at least the intensity was equal.
I really would like to know how the P8 are?
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:09   #2012
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Brand P8.
specs- if I remember correctly 4200k
Low beam only. High beam is quite powerful.
Cost- I think around 9-10k.
I wasn't present when the fitment was done, so I don't know exactly, but I'm sure it does involve some wire cutting.

Have been using them for almost 10 months now, and am very happy with them.
Especially in the rains, and out on the highways- the illumination and throw is just too good.
Thanks for the details. Aren't you worried about the warranty? Or was this done by M&M service-center?
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:28   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post

I fitted P4 4600k-against all the research I had done - got swayed by the shop owner - nor very happy with the throw. Had them change the bulbs twice so that at least the intensity was equal.
I really would like to know how the P8 are?
Like I said Gerard, I've been using them for almost 10 months now and am very happy with the results.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:46   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Its a mistake in the manual. There is no auto-UP in XUV. The manual also mentions that the windows are anti-pinch. That is not correct either. The windows in XUV5OO are NOT anti-pinch.
WHAT?? My 5 year old Scorpio VLX has auto up for driver window! Can't believe this is missing in XUV!! It's certainly a boon when I drive away from toll gates as I can't keep holding the switch when I have to shift up from 1st gear (Scorpio power window buttons are located between both front seats beneath the gear lever, hence have to use the same hand).

Can't say the same about anti-pinch as I haven't checked it in all these years, but I would naturally expect that in XUV given the premium positioning and price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

One other mistake in the manual is that all internal lights will turn off automatically 3mins after locking the car to save battery. Except the centre light in the second row, no other lights turns off automatically. Have to switch them off manually. Checked it with the RM during the last visit and we tried it out in different cars. Same situation across. So manual is not correct for this also.

Ssadwelkar, while you are there check out regarding this also. Is a useful feature considering the number of times I forgot to switch off some internal light and the security calls me back.

FundaG.
Again surprised at this. Scorpio surely has it and I've seen them in action (however the time limit is more like 10 mins instead of 3 mins). This 'feature' kicks in even if you keep the doors open beyond 10 mins with the lights set in 'door' position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
One of the M&M videos actually shows that we need to press the TPMS button on the left side of the dials when the message pops up and that takes care of it. Unfortunately that claim is not true. Did that n number of times. Regular press, long press, press the exit button; tried all combinations. Doesn't work.

Relearning is required when all tyre positions change as in a tyre-rotation procedure. As a last resort, I am planning to do that as well. Needs 2 people and one needs to release some amount of air from the tyres..so the tyre should be at least a little bit over-inflated (mine are not at this point).
SDP, I suggest to go for a relearning as you've mentioned earlier that it is the ASC guys that swapped the tyres. It is more likely that they would have played a musical chair out of it. Actually, you can do the relearning even with the existing pressure. All you have to do is reduce each tyre (one at a time and give a few mins for the sensor to recognize) by 3-4 PSI and then fill-up to normal level once relearned. However, be prepared to do a few iterations before it is fully done for all wheels (that's 5 including the spare). The central console likes to have a mind of its own and would excuse itself midway from the "learning" program. This means you might end up with wheel(s) having 15 or less PSI depending upon the iterations. Best is to do this exercise while visiting a tyre shop that's friendly enough to accommodate the iterations. Good luck!
GunMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:21   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post

Again surprised at this. Scorpio surely has it and I've seen them in action (however the time limit is more like 10 mins instead of 3 mins). This 'feature' kicks in even if you keep the doors open beyond 10 mins with the lights set in 'door' position.
Even XUV has this feature but the lights we are talking bout is the ones in the front (just above gearbox) that has to be manually switched on or off. The lights in the second row (right in the middle of the car) is the one which switches on automatically when you open the door and closes ones doors are closed. They too go off if you keep your doors open for specific period of time (sorry don't know the exact time but it does work).

Having said that, i do wish if those front lights could be timed as well so that there is no such incidents.
Old 23rd July 2013, 03:01   #2016
Senior - BHPian

The extent of 'Trial and error' practice that this lovely product is being exposed to, should be commended! Simple QC and testing of the product/features/changes is being given a pass or being done without an eagle's eye!

Just imagining the percentages of XUV customers who would be attentive to detail like us at TBHP(few again), M&M is not tightening its pre-release audits. A lovely company with good dealer network & attitude(at least in many parts of India!?) is not able to bring down(new ones keep adding to the replacing the solved ones) the "niggles" yet, of a wonderful product.

M&M- Please

Last edited by getsurya : 23rd July 2013 at 03:02.
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:20   #2017
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post
WHAT?? My 5 year old Scorpio VLX has auto up for driver window! Can't believe this is missing in XUV!! ...

Can't say the same about anti-pinch as I haven't checked it in all these years, but I would naturally expect that in XUV given the premium positioning and price.

Most likely these features were there in the original design-specs of the XUV5OO and were "missed-out" during the implementation. Knowing M&M's "geere to bhi taang ooper" attitude, they won't admit it. Neither of these 3 things require any additional hardware (I think) and are implemented by additional programming the car's software. When they eventually get to fix the programming, they would most likely upgrade existing vehicles via a patch and try to get marketting mileage out of it by announcing on FB/Twitter/XUV-site that "based on customer feedback, we are providing the auto-up and anti-pinch feature to all our existing customers ... and that too completely free of cost!" a-la "4 digit trip meter"

Quote:
SDP, I suggest to go for a relearning as you've mentioned earlier that it is the ASC guys that swapped the tyres. It is more likely that they would have played a musical chair out of it. Actually, you can do the relearning even with the existing pressure. ...
Will try that this week. Thanks.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd July 2013 at 08:22.
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:59   #2018
BHPian

Ok folks, so my first debut on the dreaded niggles thread!!!

Well I don't know if this counts as a niggle or not but the glass cover on the small dial which shows the temperature LED's is missing. It is present on the small dial on the left which shows the gear position and odo.

Before all of you go into panic mode and check your own XUV's, please be aware that the glass cover would be missing in your cars as well. I guess this is the way Mahindra has designed it. Unless you have been really lucky and have gotten the one off complete piece from Mahindra.

Checked it in a couple of other XUV's including fellow T-BHPian Dynomite's XUV W8 and was missing there as well.

Any idea why this stroke of genius from Mahindra? Weight Reduction? Cost Saving? or the designer of the instrument console being in a bad mood? How much money would have Mahindra saved, 5 bucks?

Attaching pics of my XUV with the :sigh: missing glass
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img2013072300798.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img2013072300796.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img2013072300797.jpeg  

Old 23rd July 2013, 13:53   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post

Well I don't know if this counts as a niggle or not but the glass cover on the small dial which shows the temperature LED's is missing. It is present on the small dial on the left which shows the gear position and odo.

Before all of you go into panic mode and check your own XUV's, please be aware that the glass cover would be missing in your cars as well. I guess this is the way Mahindra has designed it. Unless you have been really lucky and have gotten the one off complete piece from Mahindra.

Checked it in a couple of other XUV's including fellow T-BHPian Dynomite's XUV W8 and was missing there as well.

Any idea why this stroke of genius from Mahindra? Weight Reduction? Cost Saving? or the designer of the instrument console being in a bad mood? How much money would have Mahindra saved, 5 bucks?

This was discussed in the forum earlier - assume its part of M&M's design "strategy"
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:03   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
How much money would have Mahindra saved, 5 bucks?
Welcome to the club Sisu. I had also wondered why there is no glass in there when I first discovered this. Strange omission without any obvious functional gain. But then, when you discover a lot many like these (the front power window operations for example), you tend to negate these small omissions . After all there are bigger things to be discovered later on .
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:17   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
This was discussed in the forum earlier - assume its part of M&M's design "strategy"
Quote:
Welcome to the club Sisu. I had also wondered why there is no glass in there when I first discovered this. Strange omission without any obvious functional gain. But then, when you discover a lot many like these (the front power window operations for example), you tend to negate these small omissions . After all there are bigger things to be discovered later on .
Like the saying goes, "Boond boond se hi samunder bharta hai". Probably holds true for Mahindra. Maybe its because of these small cost savings(?) that Mahindra has managed to price the XUV well in its segment.

Living with a Mahindra, there is definitely not a single dull day
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:19   #2022
BHPian

Quote:

Well I don't know if this counts as a niggle or not but the glass cover on the small dial which shows the temperature LED's is missing.
Sisu,
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club! Do you know, Mahindra has incorporated that safety feature to prevent anyone from tampering the ODO!!

Well, using SDP's quote here:
'these features were there in the original design-specs of the XUV5OO and were "missed-out" during the implementation'

Probably this is one of them!
GunMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:42   #2023
BHPian

Hi everyone
I too have a doubt regarding my key of my W8 AWD brought recently. The unlock button seems to have sunken (PIC attached) when compared to other buttons on the remote, is it the same with all of you or the micro switch of mine has broken down? The remote is working fine though.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130723-14.32.57.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2013, 14:50   #2024
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
Hi everyone
I too have a doubt regarding my key of my W8 AWD brought recently. The unlock button seems to have sunken (PIC attached) when compared to other buttons on the remote, is it the same with all of you or the micro switch of mine has broken down? The remote is working fine though.
If you are talking about the lock button feeling raised to touch and unlock-button feeling a bit lower, I believe that is by design. Please note that the 2nd button (hatch unlock) is flat. So in a way, the level of all 3 buttons is different so that you don't have to look at the buttons before pressing and operate them just by touch-feel.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:19   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
If the sales are down they should have been more enterprising, but they expected you to ask, when they offered 10% dioscount, which was 5.5K, when I got a quote of 32K, they readily agreed without any resistance, which was nearly 40-45%, unfortunately, I had signed when my friend sent me a quote which at 28K, which was 50% less, but did want to haggle. I still have the valid quote if anyone is interested
I have been haggling from quiet some time while sitting on the fence
While the Sales Adviser was quick to point out the reduction in GC related price I have pushed him for a exchange bonus which should be in the range of Rs. 20-25 K & matching the insurance quote which I got from outside (another saving of 22 K).

I am inclined towards the W8 so nothing much to push for in terms of freebies but I am still rooting for a foot step.

Anything else I should push for since the dealer seems to be in a Christmas mood

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks