Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 20:52   #1051
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
# 21/2,
Basapura Village, Singasandra Post, Begur Hobli, Hosur Road.

When you go there, ask for Suresh and tell him to call me "Dev" from Basaweshwaranagar. The rest will be taken care of.
Went to SKS. It appears they have closed down. The security mentioned that Kalyani is taking over. Even Mahindra customer care is not aware of this and SKS was given as option, as it was closer to my residence.

So right now the options are only Sireesh and IndiaGarage. Checked with
Sireesh at silk board, but they dont service XUV. Sireesh is at Marthahalli and IndiaGarage at Whitefield... so dropping in once in a while to check out any niggles is going to be a headache..

FundaG
Old 18th October 2012, 22:13   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie

Went to SKS. It appears they have closed down. The security mentioned that Kalyani is taking over. Even Mahindra customer care is not aware of this and SKS was given as option, as it was closer to my residence.

So right now the options are only Sireesh and IndiaGarage. Checked with
Sireesh at silk board, but they dont service XUV. Sireesh is at Marthahalli and IndiaGarage at Whitefield... so dropping in once in a while to check out any niggles is going to be a headache..

FundaG
Kalyani has already taken over at SKS. They are going to be servicing XUVs at the Bannerghatta location, and will start in about 15 days or so. In the meantime, I will be allotted an RM and any carry over issues will be discussed as well.
Old 20th October 2012, 10:42   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter

Kalyani has already taken over at SKS. They are going to be servicing XUVs at the Bannerghatta location, and will start in about 15 days or so. In the meantime, I will be allotted an RM and any carry over issues will be discussed as well.

Pls inform me once they start. Bannergatta is closer compared to the others.

Fundag
Old 21st October 2012, 07:38   #1054
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Guys, generic discussions about the XUV on the Official review thread please.

Let's try to keep this thread uncluttered and dedicated to just the issues and resolutions.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:31   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Guys, generic discussions about the XUV on the Official review thread please.
Let's try to keep this thread uncluttered and dedicated to just the issues and resolutions.
For kind attention of Mods

I wonder whether the time has come to close this 'Niggles' thread. It seems that most of the serious niggles found in the initial batches of XUV-500 have by and large been taken care of during the last one year. The kind of problems that new buyers are now finding in their XUV's are no different from any other Indian car.

Discussions in any forum of car enthusiasts will invariably include technical issues and problems. Therefore even after this thread is closed, such discussions can (and will) continue on the XUV Test Drive & Review thread.

I have been following both the Niggles and TD & review threads and I find that frequent overlaps are taking place, as rightly pointed out by SDP. That is why I feel that a separate Niggles thread may no longer be required.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:07   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I have been following both the Niggles and TD & review threads and I find that frequent overlaps are taking place, as rightly pointed out by SDP. That is why I feel that a separate Niggles thread may no longer be required.
Debuda, the Scorpio issues thread for a car that was was launched 10 years ago is still live and extremely helpful for owners and prospective owners, I see no reason for not continuing with this thread. In the long run you will see the value of the repository that gets created.

Last edited by m_upreti : 23rd October 2012 at 09:09.
m_upreti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 14:42   #1057
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I just finished my third free labor service on my XUV5OO W8 - DEC'11.

Following issues were reported:

1. Clutch has become hard again, the push back if extremely hard despite the replacement of the entire clutch kit 3 months back. What happens it that every time they bleed the clutch the issue disappears for 10-12 days and the push back becomes hard again.
2. Off late the unlock button of the remote stops working.
3. The rear left panel (fuel cap area) has something loose in it hence makes a lot of noise the moment the surface. This is the third time they are fixing it, sound goes away for a day or two and comes back!
4. Left wiper leaves streaks also the movement of both the wipers is not smooth, gives jerks.
5. Windscreen washer needs alignment as water is getting sprayed onto the roof.
6. Front right (driver side) mud flap has cracked, needs replacement.
7. The reverse indicator on the display panel does not work, neither do the reverse lights nor the camera!
8. Despite changing the brake pads three times, there is severe grinding noise from the front & rear, request you
to please change the discs & pads for all four tires. In fact after the last replacement the noise got eliminated for 800 km and has returned strongly.
9. Perform the tire rotation and only then do the alignment.
10. The music played via Blue tooth automatically pauses when an sms or call comes in, I have observed this with 3 cell phones and I understand it is a software issue with the Infotainment. But when will the issue resolve?

Resolutions:

1. They did the bleeding again and has temporarily solved the issue. I do not know how to deal with this. Did they fit the clutch kit properly when it was replaced?
2. Moisture was found in the remote, was cleaned with WD40 and now it works.
3. They claim that the mud flap was loose hence the entire panel was making noise! It went away for 2 days and has come back now.
4. Both wipers replaced. They claim this is the new design, but I am still to test it.
5. Spray adjustment done again.
6. Mud flap replaced. Cost is 380/-
7. Wiring problem, they claim that they detected it and have fixed it for now.
8. I am using the third generation pads but the problems are still there. My sources inform that in 1-2 months the permanent solution is going to be available.
9. Alignment & Rotation done.
10. New software expected soon. Currently I am using Ver. 4.0
xuv2390 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 16:37   #1058
BHPian

no more glass relfection here.
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 21:31   #1059
BHPian

I’d like to share the experience of my nephew who is based in Malad, Bombay and is a Master Mariner. He bought his XUV-W6 on 13.06.12 and has driven it a mere 2500 km. He’s had the following issues with his W6 so far :

Aircon

Right from the beginning, he started facing problems with his AC. The compressor would not come on after switching on the AC. Then after several minutes it would suddenly come on (sometimes). Furthermore, in the AUTO mode, the AC would not adequately cool the car (even when the compressor came on) unless the temperature was set abnormally low like 15 deg C. It was as if the AC had a mind of its own.

The problem was rectified by replacing the AC control panel. Apparently, it was an electronics issue.

Power Steering

A few days ago, my nephew’s family (nephew is out at sea) had a harrowing experience when they were being driven in the XUV by their driver. Suddenly, the power steering failed and the steering became inoperable. They were stuck in Chembur. They rang up the M&M on-road assistance call centre and after about 1 ½ hours a tow truck and an Innova arrived. The former towed their XUV to the Service Centre in Goregaon and the latter dropped them home.

The steering failure happened due to rupture of a pipe in the hydraulic system with consequent loss of hydraulic fluid. The Service Centre promptly rectified the defect the next day.

Conclusion

I think I spoke too soon when I opined in my previous post that time had come to close the XUV niggles thread. These are serious problems (especially the steering failure) in a 4-month old XUV which has clocked a mere 2500 km. And this XUV was NOT from one of the first batches after launch either.

I’ll be taking delivery of my own XUV-W6 in a couple of days and I’ll keep my fingers tightly crossed. So help me god!
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 10:55   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
7. The reverse indicator on the display panel does not work, neither do the reverse lights nor the camera!

7. Wiring problem, they claim that they detected it and have fixed it for now.
I had a similar problem- the only major problem I've had so far... where in the reverse indicator and lights used to work, but the sensors and camera wouldn't. I could however switch on the camera thru a series of taps from the touch screen. They took two whole days to locate the problem, and finally after consulting with M&M, they changed the RPAS sensor and entire floor wiring harness.

No issues since.
Old 25th October 2012, 12:02   #1061
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please help me with this: on pressing the 'Nav' button the display shows "Navigation not Available". This is from the last 300-400kms. Any solutions!? My XUV has colcked 2.5k kms and is due for first service.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:05   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
Guys, please help me with this: on pressing the 'Nav' button the display shows "Navigation not Available". This is from the last 300-400kms. Any solutions!? My XUV has colcked 2.5k kms and is due for first service.
The navigation has malfunctioned, either the wire from GPS sensor got disconnected or they will replace the screen of the unit.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:28   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I’d like to share the experience of my nephew who is based in Malad, Bombay and is a Master Mariner. He bought his XUV-W6 on 13.06.12 and has driven it a mere 2500 km. He’s had the following issues with his W6 so far :
I’ll be taking delivery of my own XUV-W6 in a couple of days and I’ll keep my fingers tightly crossed. So help me god!
As far as I am concerned, I have my plans of replacement of the Scorpio on hold for now on account of changes in some priorities and never ending niggles with the XUV. All the best for your delivery, would eagerly wait for your first hand experiences (hopefully good ).
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 19:31   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
This happened to me. They simply reloaded the map my India software and bingo, and it was back online. No biggie.
Old 27th October 2012, 06:22   #1065
BHPian

Guys....All XUV owners, Please note, there is a newly designed left wiper, Arm and blade, already coming with the new batches after mid september production vehicles. All those complaining of scratches, will be replaced by the service centres. Looks like one more niggle resolved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks