Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2015, 12:26   #3076
J.Ravi

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I think you need to press on the particular tyre on the screen and it shows the pressure.
No. Infotainment panel in XUV 500 does not display tyre pressure even if any tyre on the screen is touched. Mahindra BlueSense app is the only resort to know the pressure of 4 wheels [spare tyre excluded], although the value displayed is on the lower side compared to my VIAIR tyre pressure digital gauge and VIAIR tyre inflator's analog gauge.

Old 1st February 2015, 14:55   #3077

Tyre pressure is though displayed when you are filling air in the tyres.
Old 1st February 2015, 15:00   #3078

Need help with replacing ORVM cover on Xuv W8 white. The mirror works fine but cover got knocked off during a long drive from Lucknow to Siliguri on a foggy night. Is there no way to get the cover except from an accident car/ get the entire unit replaced for Rs 8000/- approx. Are there no crash part dealers? Even Mahindra gives this part unpainted, as a black plastic cover.
Old 1st February 2015, 15:46   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
The pressure is shown if there is tyre pressure low alert. I think you need to press on the particular tyre on the screen and it shows the pressure. Else you will need to check it with the bluesense app.

FundaG
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
No. Infotainment panel in XUV 500 does not display tyre pressure even if any tyre on the screen is touched. Mahindra BlueSense app is the only resort to know the pressure of 4 wheels [spare tyre excluded], although the value displayed is on the lower side compared to my VIAIR tyre pressure digital gauge and VIAIR tyre inflator's analog gauge.
I think you missed the first line in that post. The pressure is shown when the tyre pressure low alert is activated. I have seen the tyre pressure being displayed in the infotainment when the tyre pressure was low in one of the tyres.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 17:10   #3080
BHPian

Low beam of xuv is very poor. I thought of putting HID but seems it would void the warranty. Is there any other option? I still have 1 more year of extended Warranty.
Old 1st February 2015, 17:13   #3081
J.Ravi

Quote:
I have seen the tyre pressure being displayed in the infotainment when the tyre pressure was low in one of the tyres.
So far, my XUV 500 has not suffered from low tyre pressure, and hence, not alerted me. I wish the same in future too. But, ideally, Mahindra should have incorporated tyre pressure and temperature values on the infotainment panel just like Blue Sense app.

Old 1st February 2015, 17:48   #3082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Low beam of xuv is very poor. I thought of putting HID but seems it would void the warranty. Is there any other option? I still have 1 more year of extended Warranty.
Wrong info bro. Your warranty will not go void if you put HID.Lot of us have installed it and have been using it for more than a year now and still have warranty intact. Go ahead and change it to HID with no worries.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 19:58   #3083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Installing HID will not void warranty. I have installed a 35w 4300K HID kit myself. Much better than the halogens. Left side visibility has improved considerably. (The ballasts of mine is a DC kit only. Bulbs purchased from aliexpress. )
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 22:30   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Installing HID will not void warranty. I have installed a 35w 4300K HID kit myself. Much better than the halogens. Left side visibility has improved considerably. (The ballasts of mine is a DC kit only. Bulbs purchased from aliexpress. )
Seems I have got dumbest RM at sireesh auto. Will take his class tomorrow. I had very bad service experience with sireesh auto, marathahalli, bangalore for last 2 years. Any reference for good shop for hid at bangalore. Earlier I got good feedback on p8 hids.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:36   #3085
BHPian

Hi XUV owners.This question may have been asked umpteen number of times but please bear with me once again.I am taking delivery of my cheetah in 3 weeks time and have got the first car jitters just now.Would you be kind enough to help me out on these points

1)Would it be wise for me to go for XUV considering it to be the first car that i would own?

2)Does pulling to the left niggle not have a well defined solution?Does make of the tyre also play a role here?

3)Any other issue that doesn't have a solution per se but is likely to develop subsequently in my new car?

I can live with the flaws that can be corrected but something which is acknowledged but still is fixed by trial and error would take out all the pleasures associated with owning a car for a first owner like me.Would appreciate any help

Thanks,
TrailBlazer007
Old 1st February 2015, 23:58   #3086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
Hi XUV owners.This question may have been asked umpteen number of times but please bear with me once again.I am taking delivery of my cheetah in 3 weeks time and have got the first car jitters just now.Would you be kind enough to help me out on these points

1)Would it be wise for me to go for XUV considering it to be the first car that i would own?

2)Does pulling to the left niggle not have a well defined solution?Does make of the tyre also play a role here?

3)Any other issue that doesn't have a solution per se but is likely to develop subsequently in my new car?

I can live with the flaws that can be corrected but something which is acknowledged but still is fixed by trial and error would take out all the pleasures associated with owning a car for a first owner like me.Would appreciate any help

Thanks,
TrailBlazer007
It was also the first car purchase for me. Those first car jitters kept me up late at nights searching for negatives and positives. At that time I did not even have a membership here to ask what I needed to ask.

1) Firstly I am happy with this BEAST, no regrets. You can look up my previous posts and see the niggles I have had. But they were nothing that would have had me taking the vehicle back and forth to the service center. It has been 9 months and I made only 4 visits to the showroom:
- 1st time for service
- 2nd they dint fix the issue of "khad-khad sound" I was having in first gear at slow speed upon fully depressing the clutch occurring mostly on slopes uphill, and the slotting the gears was not smooth. So took vehicle back for that.
- 3rd Mahindra sent a team of theirs to check my vehicle so took it to service center to be kept over night. They checked my vehicle and other awd and 2wd ones they had available at the service center. They all seemed to have that issue.
- 4th Mahindra sent a modified drive shaft for my vehicle to see if it resolves it, turns out it doesn't. So I am still running on that modified part, don't know what was modified internally since from outside it was still the same.

After completing 7000 kms the gear shifts indeed have become smoother, so I no longer have complains against that either.

2) Pulling left is associated with torque steer. Not everyone is feeling it and most of these issues are rectified with wheel alignment.

3) Like I said I have visited the service center only those 4 times (knock on wood). Had no major issues that would make driving impossible.

Only issue currently plaguing the XUV is the random rebooting of the infotainment system with a loud "boom" from the speakers. Which happens at random and I have not had for almost 5 months now (knock on wood).

As of now Mahindra is moving away from trial and error, as it seems they are getting things corrected with having them tested thoroughly before releasing them to public.

I am happy with the purchase, and I enjoy driving it. Its a car which makes you want to take it on a long drive.

I wish you all the best for your new purchase, and I wish you a niggle free experience.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:13   #3087
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Folks who are having front suspension noise : There is a service action, to replace the front studs mounting with a new design / material. In my vehicle it got replaced yesterday and the vehicle has become noticably silent over broken patches. The khat khat noise is gone for now atleast. I guess M&M is doing this work during regular service without much media / public attention. People having issues with suspension noise would need to check with RM for a replacement. Good luck.

-HCP
HCP, please share the pic when you get some time. By any chance, do you know the proper name of that part?
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:44   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post

I am happy with the purchase, and I enjoy driving it. Its a car which makes you want to take it on a long drive.

I wish you all the best for your new purchase, and I wish you a niggle free experience.
Thank you falconion!.This is very heartening and reassuring indeed!
Old 2nd February 2015, 11:17   #3089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
HCP, please share the pic when you get some time. By any chance, do you know the proper name of that part?
I saw that part in the service centre. Forgot to take the picture. Its the rubber cover on the strut mount which you can see if you open the bonnet. They just made a slightly bigger cover for it. The SM told me that there is no specific service action for that. The old bushes wear out faster , they replace it with a new model when required. The SM showed me both the new and the old bushes.

Last edited by undead : 2nd February 2015 at 11:18.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 11:35   #3090
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I saw that part in the service centre. Forgot to take the picture. Its the rubber cover on the strut mount which you can see if you open the bonnet. They just made a slightly bigger cover for it. The SM told me that there is no specific service action for that. The old bushes wear out faster , they replace it with a new model when required. The SM showed me both the new and the old bushes.
Really? Just the rubber piece? I was under the impression that there is a bush between the strut and the place where it connects at the top and that bush is the part being replaced. The rubber piece, I believe, just covers/protects the exposed top-end of the strut.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks