Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 15:46   #76
BHPian

Dear Finetuning,
Your first post on Acetone was on 28th April. I have yet to hear some FE figures that you obtained before and after usage. Can you please post some for the benefit of all of us.
If I have missed it, then I am sorry for posting this in the first place.

Burjis
Old 24th May 2006, 17:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
Dear Finetuning,
Your first post on Acetone was on 28th April. I have yet to hear some FE figures that you obtained before and after usage. Can you please post some for the benefit of all of us.
If I have missed it, then I am sorry for posting this in the first place.

Burjis
I am working on this i will posty the exact diff once I am donw with the testing.
without acetone I got 300 kms for 28 litres
now I have added the acetone to the tank and will post once I am tested.
*peace*
Old 24th May 2006, 17:36   #78
BHPian

thoroughly confused. The guy has a point saying that even if oil companies didnt want to promote it, why would car manufactures not have used it to promote better FE in their thirsty SUV. Solid point.
Acetone might be good as a one time use to maybe clean the fuel injectors of all the muck we get in our indian fuels.
Maybe after the first use, it need not be used for further 5k to get the improvement.
aka, i doubt its effectiveness in brand new cars with brand new injectors.
Old 24th May 2006, 17:44   #79
BHPian

Hey Lemon,
The way your cartoon de gaddi is shaking, you better put loads of acetone to improve its smoothness

Cheers
Burjis
Old 24th May 2006, 18:39   #80
Team-BHP Support

Its proving to be an amazing thread!!! I wonder what will be the final outcome. It rivetting...
Old 24th May 2006, 18:43   #81
BHPian

sure ....maybe its been on acetone for a couple of months, and now got the shakes....
nice one.
Old 24th May 2006, 22:57   #82
BHPian

tried it today on my Pulsar 180 Dtsi. Spared the Palio :P
The bike revs much much smoother.
Havent checked the power delivery though.

Will post things as n when i find a change.
Old 25th May 2006, 14:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
thoroughly confused. The guy has a point saying that even if oil companies didnt want to promote it, why would car manufactures not have used it to promote better FE in their thirsty SUV. Solid point.
Acetone might be good as a one time use to maybe clean the fuel injectors of all the muck we get in our indian fuels.
Maybe after the first use, it need not be used for further 5k to get the improvement.
Dear Lemon,

There is nothing like first use of acetone......it always improve performance when added.....If not added u will see the difference.....I also think apart from its cleaning property.......it help in efficient combustion of fuel hence we get smoothness...power...and mileage.....I checked it with new cars too.....they perform well with acetone.......so I dont think it only works in old cars....but keep checking and sharing.......

Enjoy.....
Old 25th May 2006, 14:22   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
If it would clean the injectors in cars ,how come ppl running 2 wheelers have claimed good results.Dont tell me it cleaned the sparkplug.
It has to do sum good man.I still have not time to go to chemist shop , damn i want to try this asap
Old 26th May 2006, 00:47   #85
BHPian

Acetone any change in FE?

I had put acetone in 1/2 a tank full there was definite imporvement in the power. Notable points were.
1) in the 1st gear no jerks just a smooth pull
2) when i switch the ac on there is very little power loss

Now i filled a full tank so am going to check the FE.

Has anyone found Any change in their FE?
Old 26th May 2006, 02:08   #86
BHPian

i read about acetone addition a long time ago some time last year !! but the debate has never ended and personally im not willing to take the risk with my baby !! i mean im sure most of the effect is psychological!! and as far as performance boost is concerned i havent ever read about any major noticible chnges except here ! it was always about better fuel efficiency and all you guys raving about acetone have not been able to come out with actual figures!! also you will notice whenever you are trying to calculate the milage of your vehicle you tend to drive with a lighter foot its natural as you want to shift at the right rpm , idle lesser,etc.
its a mirage , and a mirage is more likely to be seen by someone who's thirsty !!
technically speaking acetone can damage parts from your fuel line to your fuel pump and much more , also i dont see how ading so little of it can actually improve vaporisation from 98% if it would give 100% combustion then i dont think any power in the world be it oil companies or car manufaturers could stop it from the people !!
Old 26th May 2006, 02:17   #87
BHPian

another thing ! why would the oil companies want people to consume more oil at this point when oil reserves are diminishing i'm sure they'd rather stay here for longer and make profits at the same rate rather than overcharge and finish off their reserves!!
plus i agree with the point that car manufacturers would definitly want to imrove their kmpl readings specially in a country like india where it is represented by the biggest font in a car advertisement!!
think about it !!
im going to wait to try this untill i am proved wrong by a sound scientefic explanation with concrete results!!

and yeah finetuning your theory about using lab experiments as a subsitute to our five senses is truly funny !! lol!!
i mean you are trying to say that you would be a guinea pig for a new medicine that has not had any kind of lab testing before you pop that pill!! that would just be outrihgt stupidity!!
Old 26th May 2006, 11:58   #88
BHPian

tend to agree with speedomania.....
acetone's effect could well and truly be a Placebo effect. You tend to think ur car is smoother and stuff. I have noticed abother interesting placebo effect.....how many of us have noticed that a car is a lot smoother when u take the time to give her a good clean, was under wheel arches etc etc.
you really feel the car is smoother after a clean...always felt it.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:15   #89
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania
[...]
im going to wait to try this untill i am proved wrong by a sound scientefic explanation with concrete results!!

and yeah finetuning your theory about using lab experiments as a subsitute to our five senses is truly funny !! lol!!
i mean you are trying to say that you would be a guinea pig for a new medicine that has not had any kind of lab testing before you pop that pill!! that would just be outrihgt stupidity!!
Fully agree with you here. Also, I think that finetuning's recommendation to use acetone even with premium petrols like Speed or Power is absolutely reckless, as I had pointed out earlier -- this definitely sent warning bells ringing in my head about finetuning's objectiveness in this matter. Note that the expert's (as yet unproven) opinion in the last link I had posted is that *instead* of using the risky and unproven acetone, one can *safely* achieve the same effect (of cleaning fuel injectors, etc.) by using a few tankfuls of premium petrol every now and then. The possibility of using acetone with premium petrol did not even occur to this expert.
Regards, rks
Old 26th May 2006, 13:18   #90
BHPian

hi those against the use of acetone let me tell u my experience have been using acetone on my old kinetic which is in bad condition(used just for small errands),before using acetone the kiney would start shuddering if u crossed 60kmph (the engine used to sound very coarse) mind u was using speed all the while,but after adding acetone the bike has improved quite a lot the engine starts to sound coarse(not that much) at around 70-75kph

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks