Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 16:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post

Three things that annoyed me about the car were the horn pad location, the horn itself and the micro thin glass panels. The horn sounded very bad!
+1 to that. I also noticed that one has to really stretch the thumb to use the horn, not many will like it. But the horn sounds the same as the one in previous gen swift and dzire right ?

Racer X, any rattles in your car yet ? I see many people(mostly Punto owners) claiming to have either TD'd the Swift or driven their 'friends Swift' saying they heard body rattles!
Old 26th November 2011, 16:14   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

+1 to that. I also noticed that one has to really stretch the thumb to use the horn, not many will like it. But the horn sounds the same as the one in previous gen swift and dzire right ?

Racer X, any rattles in your car yet ? I see many people(mostly Punto owners) claiming to have either TD'd the Swift or driven their 'friends Swift' saying they heard body rattles!
The horn is different IMO. I had the horn in my 5 year old Swift changed to the one in the previous gen swift/Dzire and it definitely sounds better.

I am sure even Punto would rattle given the road conditions in India. Having said, rattles would also depend on how you drive on bad roads. Will await Racer X's response on the rattling part.
Old 26th November 2011, 16:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
2. Excellent ride quality and also very confident handling. But not great at cornering but I have not pushed her too much till now.
Please change your rubber to Bridgestone or Michelin. MRFs are junk, trust me because I had them for 50k kms on my Swift. That change should improve cornering.
Old 28th November 2011, 09:49   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
The horn is different IMO. I had the horn in my 5 year old Swift changed to the one in the previous gen swift/Dzire and it definitely sounds better.

I am sure even Punto would rattle given the road conditions in India. Having said, rattles would also depend on how you drive on bad roads. Will await Racer X's response on the rattling part.
Completed 4k odd on the odo and thankfully there are no rattles till date. The roads which I drive are quite bad but still no tinkering!

The horn according to me is good and is really loud and irritating

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Please change your rubber to Bridgestone or Michelin. MRFs are junk, trust me because I had them for 50k kms on my Swift. That change should improve cornering.
Will get them changed soon, need to convince dad that the stocks are not good and we need to change them for better handling

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th November 2011 at 15:34. Reason: Dont use BOLD for entire paragraph...Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 14:47   #110
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you are back from your trip down south! TL coming up I suppose?

Hows the Bee doin? 4k kms done already? Nice!
Old 29th November 2011, 11:06   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Looks like you are back from your trip down south! TL coming up I suppose?

Hows the Bee doin? 4k kms done already? Nice!
The Trip was awesome.. Saw quite a few new swifts in Coorg.
The Bee is humming happily revving has never been this good!!
Done 4k and will hopefully complete 5k end of the year!
Old 29th November 2011, 20:27   #112
Senior - BHPian

No rattle even after 4k driving on bad roads sure is a good sign. Is the engine so revv friendly ? Whenever i spot a Swift or read reports like your's it makes me want to get the car quickly. Alas, if only Maruti can deliver quicker than May next year !
Old 30th November 2011, 10:43   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
No rattle even after 4k driving on bad roads sure is a good sign. Is the engine so revv friendly ? Whenever i spot a Swift or read reports like your's it makes me want to get the car quickly. Alas, if only Maruti can deliver quicker than May next year !
The engine is extremely revv friendly and responsive. Did a quick speed run on the express highway and reached 160 effortlessly!

Hope for the best that you get the delivery ASAP
Old 1st December 2011, 08:34   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
The engine is extremely revv friendly and responsive. Did a quick speed run on the express highway and reached 160 effortlessly!

Hope for the best that you get the delivery ASAP
160? Sounds like a dream for somebody like me, upgrading from a WagonR.

What about the noise levels at 160 kmph? Are the road noise + NVH levels controlled or does it intrude into the cabin? What do you feel is the ideal cruising speed on the expressways?

Would you be able to check and tell the rpm at 100 & 120 & 140 kmph respectively?

Sorry if I'm bothering you with too many questions. What to do - waiting period drives people crazy, I'm reading all reviews and ownership reports one by one.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:05   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
160? Sounds like a dream for somebody like me, upgrading from a WagonR.

......What to do - waiting period drives people crazy, I'm reading all reviews and ownership reports one by one.
If you are dreaming about 160 upgrading from a Wagon R, think about someone like me who is upgrading to the Swift from an 800 where anything north of 80 makes the steering wheel vibrate, he he!

I am in pretty much the same position, reading all the new Swift reviews and wishing that my delivery date comes sooner. Which it is, with each passing day, but the damn wait period is too painful.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:27   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
If you are dreaming about 160 upgrading from a Wagon R, think about someone like me who is upgrading to the Swift from an 800 where anything north of 80 makes the steering wheel vibrate, he he!

I am in pretty much the same position, reading all the new Swift reviews and wishing that my delivery date comes sooner. Which it is, with each passing day, but the damn wait period is too painful.
Sorry for going OT on your thread Racer_X.

But aah! Glad I have company!

BUT, i think the fun qoutient is more in 800 than WagonR. I have owned an 800 for 7 years and WagonR for 5 1/2 years. Top speed is more in WagonR, but its nowhere as fun as the little 800. I loved the direct steering, light and zippy nature, good mileage and basic but working suspension.

WagonR in comparison was mature, with harder suspension and almost no corner craving ability. However, it has proved to be the almost-perfect city small car. And the swift is going to compliment the WagonR nicely. Both are at two extremes of the small car segment that retaining two cars makes sense.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:28   #117
Senior - BHPian

SWIFT D - Old Gen
City driving conditions - 100% AC - 14-15Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tankfull method.
Highwayruns constant crusing at 120-130Kmph (NH4)- 100% AC = 20-21 Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tank full method.

17.9 Kmpl and 17.3 Kmpl in city reported by few on this thread is making me wonder. Are these with 100% AC ?
Old 1st December 2011, 09:47   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

BUT, i think the fun qoutient is more in 800 than WagonR.
Absolutely. The 800 has been my faithful steed for 5.5 years now, and nothing beats its chuckability and directness of feedback. What amazes me is that inspite of it being a bare basic machine, with zero luxuries, it still manages to tug hard at the heart strings. Guess its cast-iron strong fundamentals make it such a legendary vehicle.

We too have had a Waggie in the family for over ten years (sold off only this year) and that is another amazing car. Very little in terms of driver involvement, but massive points garnered when one considers practicality and ease of use.

But coming back to the topic, what I am definitely looking forward to is the complete revolution in terms of graduating from an 800 to a Swift. It is going to be one heck of a change.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 1st December 2011 at 09:50.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:51   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
SWIFT D - Old Gen
City driving conditions - 100% AC - 14-15Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tankfull method.
Highwayruns constant crusing at 120-130Kmph (NH4)- 100% AC = 20-21 Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tank full method.

17.9 Kmpl and 17.3 Kmpl in city reported by few on this thread is making me wonder. Are these with 100% AC ?
My friend also has a old gen Swift D(25k on the ODO) and he gets max 14.5 KMPL in City with 100% AC and about 19-20 max on highways. So probably old gen Swift can do only that much. But, I seriously think there is something wrong. My petrol Vista gives me 13.5 in city with 100% AC and 18-19 on highways, so in comparison to that Swift D should give much more. Anyways, enough of OT.
Old 1st December 2011, 11:55   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

My friend also has a old gen Swift D(25k on the ODO) and he gets max 14.5 KMPL in City with 100% AC and about 19-20 max on highways. So probably old gen Swift can do only that much. But, I seriously think there is something wrong. My petrol Vista gives me 13.5 in city with 100% AC and 18-19 on highways, so in comparison to that Swift D should give much more. Anyways, enough of OT.
Highway at 120 - 140 kmph and 20 kmpl, one cannot ask for more, if one maintains speeds of 80 to 90kmph, swift D returns 24kmpl easily, as reported by others swift d owners on the forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks