Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 17:52   #166
BHPian

Mileage update for August.

Figo Diesel filled with ordinary fuel from IndianOil - 14.363 kmpl.

Reduced by .5 from the earlier figure. But it was on account of more traffic than any other reason.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:31   #167
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang language posts are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2010 at 12:39.
english is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th September 2010, 14:23   #168
BHPian

It works beautifully. I've plugged different types of Flash drives & Memory Readers and they all work just fine. It shows the folder and filename. And they sound great especially at Volume Level 10.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2010 at 12:40. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 10th September 2010, 23:02   #169
BHPian

Nice to hear that it really works. Thanks for confirmation, from your posts I understand that u did enough research and not decided to go for after market products
btw, did you notice any size limit for the USB drives?

How about connecting a portable HDD

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 18th October 2010 at 23:37. Reason: See Moderator note in post.
Old 11th September 2010, 13:29   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Nice to hear that it really works. Thanks for confirmation, from your posts I understand that u did enough research and not decided to go for after market products
btw, did you notice any size limit for the USB drives?

How about connecting a portable HDD
Contrary to that - I didnt do any research for after market stuff. Its a proprietary cable. Period. No cheap stuff on my car, esp with the electronics.

An interesting question - no HDD tried. The max I've used it 4GB. Should work with higher capacities. Let me check one of these days.

Though I feel it would be cumbersome. Imagine wearing out those HU keys trying to listen to a particular song.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:44   #171

iPod Port

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
UPDATE on the USB Cable I got.

Looks like the iPod port is useless for this HU. I plugged in an iPod and it did not play. Looks like the HU has also got to be compatible. Mixed parts probably.
So what would be the intention of providing an iPOD connecting port.

Just by adding this special cable, you are able to see the 5th Source as USB on the HU ?

And you have mentioned that you are able to see the folder name & Filename. I am able to just see the track number, while playing from a CD.
Old 13th September 2010, 16:31   #172
BHPian

^^
No idea about the intention. Its probably a part for a different HU, but as supplies are low, they decided to use it with the less featured HU we use now.
That seems the most logical explanation. If it were iPod compatible, I'm sure the HU would have the marking mentioning so. So far all that's mentioned on it is Bluetooth and USB.

Even if it could use iPod, I would have no use for it. I dont like the extra task of switching off the player when I leave my car.

No idea about CD, but USB mode displays the folder. Formatted with FAT32.

Here's a link they are selling Card Readers for a Net price of Rs.49.

http://www.coralhub.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7083

I loaded up some Audio Books with some leftover MicroSD cards and listed to them while driving the car. Good timepass. Also, that way if they Valet parking guy flicks your media, you wont lose much anyway.

Last edited by Brix : 13th September 2010 at 16:35.
Old 18th October 2010, 15:14   #173
BHPian

Mileage Update:

Trip meter - 4431 kms
Fuel - 39.80 litres
Hence FE - 14.799 km/l
Rs/KM - Rs.2.71
Distance after previous fill - 589.00
Driving condition - 100% city with reasonable traffic
AC - ON 90% of the time

Still following Turbo warm up and cool down 30 second routine. I inflate the tires to 35 on the Fuel Pump counter. Very sedate driving.
Old 18th October 2010, 16:55   #174
BHPian

You keep 35 in both the front and back tires? The manual seems to suggest more for the backtyres hence the question.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:18   #175
Senior - BHPian

14.7 in 100% city is real good mileage.
Old 18th October 2010, 22:00   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
You keep 35 in both the front and back tires? The manual seems to suggest more for the backtyres hence the question.
I'm just experimenting. I generally intend to refill air once in 2 weeks, but dont get time. So I just put 35 for all so that at the end of 4 weeks the tires atleast have some decent amount of air in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
14.7 in 100% city is real good mileage.
I reckon so. Truth is - I drive in non peak hours and that contributes a lot to mileage. Fact is - I spend all my savings of fuel bills on trash electronics.
The sooner I let go of my Credit Cards - the better for me.
Old 5th April 2011, 18:57   #177
BHPian

Re: Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.

Long time since I posted here.

I drove back from Yelagiri yesterday. When I came to the city I noticed that there was a sound while braking at near stopping speeds. Like I was going over a plastic bottle.

I searched Google and the forums, and some people mention brake dust and some others mention worn out brake pads. Anyone faced this problem?

I will be taking it to the dealer anyway, but just asking for some information so that I can be specific.
Old 5th April 2011, 22:14   #178
Senior - BHPian

Good to see you back. The noise could be the brake dust. I have had it right from the first week. Ford has not been able to help me. Some people have changed their brake pads under warranty though.
Old 6th April 2011, 08:08   #179

Hi All,

I have got my Figo tdci ZXI on March 11th 2011. I was planning to present a write up after one month. But with in three week time i am facing different problem with my Figo. Last sunday suddenly, the AC and Power Window (Really frustrating combination) stopped working. I left the car at Dealer workshop, yesterday (5th April 2011).

Initially they told me that this could be the fuse problem. Then the Service Engineer who created the job sheet for this came up with different answer that "Relay s are melted". Also they were not fixing it since this needs Ford mechanics have to study this case. It seems they have communicated to Ford with photos. Today (6th April-2011) the mechanics from Ford are coming to the service center.

Waiting for their update.

Please thorw your views and advise me to tackle this scenario!!

Thanks and Regards
Ezhil
Chennai
Old 6th April 2011, 09:54   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Good to see you back. The noise could be the brake dust. I have had it right from the first week. Ford has not been able to help me. Some people have changed their brake pads under warranty though.
Thanks Gemi. Yes I did see that some brake pads were replaced under warranty, but some also reported that the replacement pads were worse than the original.

I'll first clean the wheel and then report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezhilnambi View Post

Waiting for their update.
Looks to me like a general electrical problem. No specifics available. However, did you install any non-standard electrical parts. That could have caused the problem. These also void your warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks