Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 17:25   #121
BHPian

i also remember our last year september trip to goa. it was end of rains but still in full force. when we left to visit south goa, it started raining. we too had booked an activa and we just had jackets with us. by the time we reached panjim, we were soaked wet as but still continued to ride along. the ride from there was full highway and the rains lashing us like hell. the water hitting us but somehow managed to reach our half destination.

but then it was almost one and half hour drive and we dint have to guts to go ahead on the bike in the rain. we just managed to get a good maruti van with a still better driver and we completed our trip of south goa in the van.

he then left us back to the church where we had parked the activa and we proceeded back to our resort.

those were one of the beautiful moments we spend in goa.

your story reminded me of those moments.

Mansi
Old 16th June 2008, 19:45   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

We choose the most ridiculous US Army 2 piece raincoats and buy the same ones, just for the heck of it. It is very very difficult to get these on. Not because they are tight but because we are both shaking with laughter and tears are coming out as we laugh at the opposite person who looks like an idiot in these super fake US Army raincoats with US air force written on one arm and US navy on the other.
We look like demented twins. Here, take a look.

Any chance you bought the fake raincoats from this place? lol
Attached Thumbnails
A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dscf0062_small.jpg  

Old 16th June 2008, 21:55   #123
Team-BHP Support

Moral of the story: If its pouring and anybody is traveling from North to South and all, HIRE A CAR/CAB !!! Will cost 400 bucks, this for people planning on late night visits between these points. The road is dangerous and lonely at night, been there and got buried deep in that mess
Old 17th June 2008, 00:21   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
TheOne, Welcome to India Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvnagan View Post
Jenny welcome back to India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
If those, in the picture, are really yours, welcome back TheOne®.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Welcome back The One(r) have a great time @ GOA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
BTW Welcome back Jenny !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Welcome again Jenny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
And oh welcome back Jenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Nice to have you here again TheOne®
Wow, thanks to all for those nice welcome back wishes! What lovely feedback. I couldn't wait to be back - for certain reasons, of course - and though the monsoon hit us earlier than expected we had again a wonderful time together. Too short for our taste but then again just truly fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Welcome to the Part II version of TheOne® and the Yeti® creations !! cheers:
Well, this is a Yeti creation for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
No comments from The One@ here?
That is only due to the fact that Mr. Kapasi couldn't wait to get this thread started. Meaning that while I was still busy with thousands of things before leaving for Germany again he was enjoying himself on the forum lol. But don't worry, I will include a few comments asap .

As soon as I got a bit of sleep I will join you guys. Our holiday is over, boohoo, and I just spent 17 hours travelling back (getting heavily delayed in Dubai due to technical problems with the plane yuck), followed by a visit to the hospital as my gran encountered a little accident yesterday, then my children wanted attention and of course, the gifts I brought for them haha, and last but not least I tried to get a bit of rest before having to get up again, travel to Heilbronn at 6 am, work all day - and now finally, I finished my shopping and unpacking and am relaxing on my sofa! So please excuse, I will be back tomorrow! Good night for now.
Old 17th June 2008, 14:40   #125
Senior - BHPian

hello theone,
i was following sam for his post last two days. but you take your time. we will wait.
do not mistake this as follow up
Old 17th June 2008, 19:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

In older days and even today,on day to day basis in the evening, eager grandchildren gather around grandpa and grandma to hear story of prince and princes.
Theyeti and Theone has created this eagerness among readers.
Old 17th June 2008, 21:52   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® 8th June 2008 - The best day

Wake up!!

It isn't even raining this morning, how lovely. No, the sun isn't out, but at least it isn't pouring.

Out comes the little Activa and we're off. No real idea where we're going to, but I know that (as usual) the lady wants her junk trinkets and stuff, so I take her to Anjuna.
A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0146_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0158_thumb.jpg

While she hunts around looking for stuff, I buy myself a beer and go off to enjoy the choppy sea bashing itself over and over on the red rocks.
A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0145_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0148_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0156_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0159_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0161_thumb.jpg

Soon we explore the area just a little, Jenny's enjoying climbing around and hunting for crabs and stuff. I'm just enjoying my Kingfisher.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0169_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0174_thumb.jpg

It's a Sunday, there's a lot of tourists and locals on holiday, it's a little crowded and messy and the rain is threatening to fall again. We make the best of what we have.

It begins to rain again. We've spent some time here and now it is time for lunch. Time for Souza Lobo!! I've been turking for their stuff since I smelt the saltwater in the air.
A quick ride though the rain to Calangute beach and there we are, albeit, a little wet.

This time Jenny has no spare teeshirt. No worries, she goes ahead and changes into mine. I take my wet teeshirt off, wring it, hang it up on the window and decide to sit in the middle of souza lobo in my little shorts and nothing else. Shrug. It's Goa na? Why not?

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0177_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0186_thumb.jpg

I call the friendly waiter over and order 2 Fenis with sprite. YUCK says the firang lass, who hates the taste and flavour. I am enjoying it. I polish off both the fenis and order more. Lots more.
Jenny orders the Souza Lobo cocktail of the day, some fresh fruity thing with Bacardi and loves it.

Now for the (drool) Goan food.
A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0189_thumb.jpg

Step 1, leaves her all happy, albeit gasping for more cocktail. SPICEEEEEEEE!!

Some hours later, we're warm happy and SIIIIIINGING in the rain, what a GLOOOOOORIOUS feeling (if you know the Gene Kelly song)... heh heh heh, I am singing with passion and really loudly. I have stopped wearing a shirt altogether and am roaming around, all over goa in a pair of little shorts, not even the kind that I usually wear, just these little football shorts.

I'm not riding, because germany has taken over the helm and she is riding around on the Activa like a real pro, zooming and cutting and honking in a near flawless manner. In fact for the rest of the day, it is only she who rides the bike. I am just sitting topless and SINGING in the rain, much to the amusement of the locals.

I have my backpack on and we cross bunches of little giggly girls and I turn to them and SING alod and they burst into peals of laughter and Jenny is now singing too. Oh these are the days of our lives... Happy happy happy.

We stop at some more trinket stores so she can buy some bags. The bag sellers are Kathiawadi and when I realise this I burst into Gujarati and it is amazing fun, because they think I am a gora too. Soon another van stops by and he overhears and gets off with his full family to talk to the firang who speaks Gujarati in Goa!
Most of the time, I think they think I'm a hippy, because of my hair and clothes, or well, the fact that I have no shirt on and I'm walking around comfortably, walking to stores, buying chocolates and biscuits and what-nots.

What a great day!!

And now we're off back home, I'm still singing and tickling this very cuddly firang who's giggling and riding this little scooter, navigating and guiding it through the narrow lanes.

This evening we will go to Britto's. Of course!

Last edited by F50 : 18th June 2008 at 00:02.
Old 17th June 2008, 22:23   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Aaah. Britto's!!

DO post in detail what you eat there. Aaprt from the prawns though. I'm allergic to them:(
Old 17th June 2008, 22:25   #129
Senior - BHPian

Very Nice - At last you have a Nice day.

I remember going to Souza Lobo and ordering those Tiger Prawns. Yumm !! Oh How I wish I could have those right now. Will get Sumeru Frozen ones tommorrow first thing
Old 17th June 2008, 22:35   #130
Senior - BHPian

nice writeup.
now goalife is entering in this travelogue.
Old 17th June 2008, 22:51   #131
BHPian

Sam Bhai good going!! You always have a time of your life (i know your life was with you) But i have never seen someone narrate an experience so beautifully and that too of Goa in the rains.

I hope TheOne enjoyed it and look forward to a lot of fun filled experiences from you guys!
Old 17th June 2008, 23:11   #132
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
The bag sellers are Kathiawadi
Sam very few people here will understand the meaning of Kathiawadi.Just amazed to note that you know this word dear Sam.cheers:
Old 17th June 2008, 23:14   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my little shorts
lucky you, here in states anything short of a big lot's bag sized shorts will get you labeled as homosexual. forget about labeling, I can't even find a pair that fits my thin frame.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:17   #134
Senior - BHPian

sam,
how many languages you can speak and which one ?
english german hindi gujrati............
Old 18th June 2008, 05:13   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I was in Goa then and had gone to see the ship on the 2nd day of its arrival at the beach. It was an awesome sight then. You can also see this ship in the song "tanha tanha" from the movie rangeela. Didn't know it is still there!!!!
Is it the same ship in the song 'Husn Husn' (some Saif movie)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks