Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:50   #106
BHPian

Way to go Ganesh. Your Jeep looks cool with the new alloys. The rims look like 15-inchers. Or are they 16 inchers as you wanted them?
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Good work done, its a spanking new great looking Jeep now. Congratulations and enjoy driving it.
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:49   #108
BHPian

They're 15"ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Way to go Ganesh. Your Jeep looks cool with the new alloys. The rims look like 15-inchers. Or are they 16 inchers as you wanted them?
Santhosh,
Thank you. As expected, the wheel guy kept giving me all kinds of excuses for the delay in getting the 16" ones. He still says that he can get the 16"ers. I also got in touch with a bunch of guys and there was one more guy who said he can get it in 40 days!

I got tired of waiting and went ahead with the 15" alloys from "F-1", and got the Maxxis Trepador 235/75/15. The height of the NDMS and these are identical and I find no issue with steering and no fouling either. So far so good!
Old 4th July 2009, 11:24   #109
BHPian

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Good work done, its a spanking new great looking Jeep now. Congratulations and enjoy driving it.
Desertfox,
Thank you and I am enjoying it. I saw your other posts and possible trip to Bangalore to conduct OTR training. I am really looking forward to that and also to get my Jeep prepared for offroading!
Old 4th July 2009, 12:35   #110
BHPian

Ganesh your jeep looks nice with the new shoes!!!

ps - Should be in vijaynagar this sunday, will drop by your place with santhosh

cheers
GB
Old 4th July 2009, 13:15   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ganesh: Your jeep looks ready to get dirty & go where it belongs now. Ready for off-road just in time for the monsoon season.

PS: Nice to see Maxxis Trepador on a jeep :-) You will like them of-road but be easy on them on road/tarmac
Old 6th July 2009, 09:36   #112
BHPian

Ready to rock and hope not to roll!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
@Ganesh: Your jeep looks ready to get dirty & go where it belongs now. Ready for off-road just in time for the monsoon season.

PS: Nice to see Maxxis Trepador on a jeep :-) You will like them of-road but be easy on them on road/tarmac
Khan_sultan,
It is definitely ready to get dirty, especially from all the mud slinging your Gypsy on steroids is going to be doing .

I still have a few minor issues I am dealing with;
- small oil leaks I can't get rid of,
- a little swerving when I brake hard (even after the new shoes and wheel allignment),
- need to tap the threads for the bolts where the Free Wheeling hubs go (threads are gone),
- shifter gear gets tight and hard after I run the vehicle for about 15 to 20 KMs especially in city traffic, etc.

I read your posts on the trepadors being soft and getting damaged on city roads.. do you do anything special to care for them. I have been cognizant of not driving on the sharp edges of tarmac etc. Is there anything else I should avoid or keep in mind?
Old 6th July 2009, 23:13   #113
BHPian

@ Ganesh,

your jeep is looking superb.
That bling grill is to die for. Attention to detail is great with silver shocks and all.
But you should do something about th front over hang of your roll bar. Trust me it will do more harm than good in case of an unfortunate roll over.

cheers
vishwas
Old 6th July 2009, 23:32   #114
BANNED

Mr GB,

Way to go buddy

Have been watching your patience over the months of your Jeep Restoration.

Must say, your persistence, patience, commitment and your idea has paid off. The results are just amazing.

The jeep is looking toooooooo coooooool

Congrats once again, hope to see it in person once again soon.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:06   #115
BHPian

To bling or not to bling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Mr GB,
The jeep is looking toooooooo coooooool

Congrats once again, hope to see it in person once again soon.
Pavan,
Thank you so much.. appreciate Santhosh and your help in getting it to this state. You are welcome to stop by any time!

I have started using my Jeep quite regularly, so I will let to you know when I am in your part of town also. In fact, I was at RT Nagar last weekend and though of calling you, but I had my kids with me and they wanted to head back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
@ Ganesh,

your jeep is looking superb.
That bling grill is to die for. Attention to detail is great with silver shocks and all.
But you should do something about th front over hang of your roll bar. Trust me it will do more harm than good in case of an unfortunate roll over.

cheers
vishwas
Vishwas,
Thank you buddy! I want to add the front supports to the overhang, the only hold up is the thought of going through the changes once again after spending a lot time on getting the Jeep finalized.

Now, your prompting has got me thinking about it again and will definitely start on it soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Ganesh your jeep looks nice with the new shoes!!!

ps - Should be in vijaynagar this sunday, will drop by your place with santhosh

cheers
GB
Gypsy Boy,
Thank you and I was expecting your call this weekend, what happened?

Anyway, I was in and out all day it would have been difficult to have synchronized. Do let me know when you are in the area again and we can hook up.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:49   #116
Team-BHP Support

Excellent transformation! Well executed and i think you are all set to do some nice off-roading. All the very best wishes!
Old 7th July 2009, 16:16   #117
Senior - BHPian

gbanavar,

Congratulations on your completition of one stunner looking jeep!! I must say your roll cage is one of its kind in India atleast. Further the pics before and after paint job shows how much tyres contribute to the overall looks of the vehicle. This especially hold good to any 4x4.

Super jeep!!
Old 7th July 2009, 16:38   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
Gypsy Boy,
Thank you and I was expecting your call this weekend, what happened?
I am the culprit :(. Gypsy-Boy called me Sunday evening so we could go check out your Jeep. I got delayed in some work at home and hence we had to cancel our plans to meet you. We will drop in some time soon.
Old 8th July 2009, 09:20   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I am the culprit :(. Gypsy-Boy called me Sunday evening so we could go check out your Jeep. I got delayed in some work at home and hence we had to cancel our plans to meet you. We will drop in some time soon.
Hi Ganesh
I come over to Vijayanagar quite often. Will catch up soon

GB
Old 10th July 2009, 00:24   #120
BHPian

If it were not for the surroundings these pics would look straight out of a bling showoff 4x4 forum from abroad.
I even at the expense of repeating myself would say it again that I'm in love with that grill.

Yes do something about that roll cage. I know it's a tough and brave decision to touch a just finished product but trust me its needed.

btw how much are those tires for a piece?? Are they available in 16inch?

cheers
vishwas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks