Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2009, 13:58   #121
BHPian

Thank you for the compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
If it were not for the surroundings these pics would look straight out of a bling showoff 4x4 forum from abroad.
I even at the expense of repeating myself would say it again that I'm in love with that grill.

Yes do something about that roll cage. I know it's a tough and brave decision to touch a just finished product but trust me its needed.

btw how much are those tires for a piece?? Are they available in 16inch?

cheers
vishwas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
gbanavar,

Congratulations on your completition of one stunner looking jeep!! I must say your roll cage is one of its kind in India atleast. Further the pics before and after paint job shows how much tyres contribute to the overall looks of the vehicle. This especially hold good to any 4x4.

Super jeep!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Excellent transformation! Well executed and i think you are all set to do some nice off-roading. All the very best wishes!
Hi Vishwas, Vinod, Jaggu,
Thank you for the compliments and I am flattered to hear such comments. I am very happy that the effort has paid off and it has come out well. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to helping me achieve this.

@ Vinod: I paid Rs. 5,700 a piece for the tyres.. I think I got a good deal. 16" ones were not available of the Trepedors, but other Maxxis MT tyres were available, I can't remember which ones. I can check and let you know if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Hi Ganesh
I come over to Vijayanagar quite often. Will catch up soon

GB
GypsyBoy, It looks like we might meet tomorrow at the training/OTR session after all. Looking forward to seeing you then.
Old 14th July 2009, 21:39   #122
BHPian

Hi Ganesh your jeep is really good, you have given importance for all small things, before next OTR please fix a tow hook in rear otherwise you are going to spoil all neatly done rock sliders.
Old 15th July 2009, 09:41   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Ganesh your jeep is really good, you have given importance for all small things, before next OTR please fix a tow hook in rear otherwise you are going to spoil all neatly done rock sliders.

It really is. I really liked your attention to details while building this vehicle.

Cheers
GB
Old 15th July 2009, 09:44   #124
BHPian

I sure will

Quote:
Vijay, I definitely will be better prepared for the next OTR. I am planning on getting the tow hook, shackles, rope, hi-lift jack etc.. as discussed in the "Training" thread.

I really appreciate your help along with all the others who helped get my Jeep out.

On another note, the shifter on my Jeep starts getting harder as I drive it more and more. When I start out on a cold engine the gears are very smooth and it is easy to shift. But after riding it long distance, like we did for the OTR the gears become stiff and starts griding on 1st and 2nd gear.

On Pawan's recommendation I had changed the gearbox and transmission oil from grade 90 to grade 140 before the OTR and was hoping that this would not happen. I think my clutch needs adjustment, which I will take care of this week, but is there anything else I should do?

Quote:

It really is. I really liked your attention to details while building this vehicle.
GB
Thanks Gypsy-Boy. Did you get your Gypsy fixed? I am looking forward to see that on the next OTR.

Last edited by gbanavar : 15th July 2009 at 09:47.
Old 15th July 2009, 09:51   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
It really is. I really liked your attention to details while building this vehicle...
Yes, I also agree to that and it really looks nice. You know what, I feel that it looks 100 times better in person than in pictures.

Take good care of the jeep Ganesh.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:01   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
Thanks Gypsy-Boy. Did you get your Gypsy fixed? I am looking forward to see that on the next OTR.
Yup its fixed ... it was a loose contact .
While my electrical guy was checking the wiring he had accidentally pulled another wire (cant blame him though he was nice enough to try and fix it up at night)
But I am back on the road

cheers
GB
Old 15th July 2009, 10:07   #127
BANNED

Lovely thread. Reminds me of a similar Jeep we had when I was a kid. It had a Roplas fiberglass top which was quite common those days. Lots of people converted them to diesel those days.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:32   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Vijay, I definitely will be better prepared for the next OTR. I am planning on getting the tow hook, shackles, rope, hi-lift jack etc.. as discussed in the "Training" thread.

Before going to Stella's give a call to Dwarak sir,Star Aqua, You Have to really bargain their.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th July 2009 at 17:47.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:24   #129
Senior - BHPian

Great,the jeep had come-out very well,shows all your effort in it & attention to detail.
I'm lil skeptical abt the chrome finish on the jeep,will it stay for a good time when treated with slush & mud etc?
Old 17th July 2009, 15:56   #130
BHPian

Chrome is not going to last that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Yes, I also agree to that and it really looks nice. You know what, I feel that it looks 100 times better in person than in pictures.

Take good care of the jeep Ganesh.
You are right, a lot of the times, pictures don't do complete justice to the vehicles. The gait and presence of SUVs can be felt only in its physical form. Thank you and I will do my best to take good care of the Jeep.

On taking a closer look at my Jeep after the rescue operation last sunday, I see that the front-right tyre has taken a beating and the front edges of some of the buttons have chipped off a bit!! Well, I knew that this would happen when I got the tyres, so I can't complain too much. I am not overly worried, but I know it is going to be a bigger problem in a few years.

[quote=swastikviji;1386916]
Quote:

Before going to Stella's give a call to Dwarak sir,Star Aqua, You Have to really bargain their.
Swastikviji,
I have not gone to Stellas yet, but I paid a visit to Ozone the other day and they have moved all their 4X4 off-road equipment to the Seshadripuram location. I think expect for a couple of winches there was no off-roading stuff there.

Here is the address and contact no. of the new location:
4X4OffRoad Equipment & Services
#64, Railway Parallel Rd.
Kumara Park West, Bangalore 560 020
+91 80 4060 8700
Narayan Murthy 94480 54535
ashok@4X4offraod.in

Their website 4X4offroad.in has a big "under construction" sign. I am told they have expanded the offroad equipment they carry. I might check it out this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Great,the jeep had come-out very well,shows all your effort in it & attention to detail.
I'm lil skeptical abt the chrome finish on the jeep,will it stay for a good time when treated with slush & mud etc?
Ramsagar, thank you.. and as far as the chrome goes, the finish is not going to last a long time. I will give it 2 to 3 years max to start showing some spots of rust. It is going to be extremely difficult to maintain the look I have now. I will evalute how it looks after 5 years and take some action.

More than slush and mud, which will come off after a thorough wash, it will be the water itself that will cause damage. Water has to be wiped off if left in the rain etc.

Last edited by gbanavar : 17th July 2009 at 16:03.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:51   #131
BHPian

Swastikviji,
I have not gone to Stellas yet, but I paid a visit to Ozone the other day and they have moved all their 4X4 off-road equipment to the Seshadripuram location. I think expect for a couple of winches there was no off-roading stuff there.

What are you looking in Ozone? Wednesday i met Narayan he told me that he has every thing other than Hi lift jack.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:58   #132
Senior - BHPian

Tyre Pressure

Quote:
On taking a closer look at my Jeep after the rescue operation last sunday, I see that the front-right tyre has taken a beating and the front edges of some of the buttons have chipped off a bit!! Well, I knew that this would happen when I got the tyres, so I can't complain too much. I am not overly worried, but I know it is going to be a bigger problem in a few years.
Hi Ganesh,

What Tyre Pressure were you running during the OTR?

Regards,

Arka
Old 18th July 2009, 08:58   #133
BHPian

Offroading "stuff" & Tyre pressure

Quote:
Swastikviji,
What are you looking in Ozone? Wednesday i met Narayan he told me that he has every thing other than Hi lift jack.
Swastikviji, I need it all.. right now, I don't have anything for off-roading. I had been to Ozone since it was mentioned that they have hi-lift jacks, but, it looks like they have everything but that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Ganesh,
What Tyre Pressure were you running during the OTR?
Arka, it was at full blast! I was wondering about that before the OTR, but I did not see anyone else reducing their tyre pressure so I did not either. I figured, since this terrain did not have any mud or slush, there was no need to reduce tyre pressure.

I read about it on other OTR threads, but I did not know what kind of terrains and by how much it needs to be reduced. Can you please summarize for me? Thanks!
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:07   #134
BHPian

Offroading Equipment

I paid a visit to Polaris/4X4 offraoding show room yesterday and was pretty disappointed that they did not have any of the basic stuff I was looking for;

D-rings
Recover cable
Bow shackles
Hi-lift jack (as Vijay mentioned)

They did have a wide variety of winches and snatch blocks (4,000+ a piece).

Some really nice front and rear bumpers - but again tooo expensive (upwards of 20K F - 40K R)

Am not finding time to go to Stella traders on SJP road.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:25   #135
BHPian

Quote:
I paid a visit to Polaris/4X4 offraoding show room yesterday and was pretty disappointed that they did not have any of the basic stuff I was looking for;

Hi Ganesh,
D-rings
Recover cable
Bow shackles
All this you you get in stellas, Regarding D-rings wait for another 3 days i am getting these from suresh sir, i send a picture to you.

Hi-lift jack : it takes another month to get it from Ozone, we ordered 5' jacks 2 numbers,

Snatch block : if you are not planning for a winch its not necessary.

Rear tow hook: if you don't have a trailer don't go for ready tow hook try some thing like this. its enough to pull you out are you can pull a Jeep.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd July 2009 at 20:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks